HONESTY AND TRUTH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Just got back from AA meeting. So much to learn. I know it helps so I keep going. It is not that bad If you are still drinking give it a try it wont hurt only help. ECHOME I CANNOT AND WILL NOT DRINK AGAIN. DAY 29 AF

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

WOW Echome, day 29 ......... I am so proud of you ......

I absolutely believe that you CANNOT AND WILL NOT DRINK AGAIN ....

Big BB hugs coming your way :l :l :l
      sigpicXXX

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Echome,

I am considering AA as a adjunct to MWO.

(I haven't been drinking for a couple of weeks but am seriously struggling with it.)

Glad you find it helpful. I do have my reservations after reading their Big Book and the whole "giving up to a higher power" thing. Which is really funny, considering I believe in God and Christ. However, I guess it is because I know deep down my goofs are my goofs.

Still, I do think sharing face-to-face with others in my boat might help. If it doesn't, I won't continue.

I am considering asking hubby to go with me. He won't want to but I bet he will. He really wants me to beat this. Love is surely a comforting blanket when you are lonely and scared...

YOU AND I CANNOT AND WILL NOT DRINK AGAIN!!

Cindi
        AF April 9, 2016

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

AA can and does help alot of Alcoholics. I recommend it for everyone to TRY it for at least 90 days before you make an analogy of the program. There is a learning curve and you wont understand AA on your first visit.AA is NOT for everyone.

If it works for you, than you need to do whatever it takes to continue your sobriety. There are some very respectful folks in AA. There are some A-holes in there too. Stay awhile and than decide for yourself.

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Well done again Echome.

Kate- I think the reason Echome gets lots of support is because when he came here, which was about the same time I found the site, he had obviously really hit that Rock Bottom state we have all heard of, and some of us have reached. He was a desperate man needing support and that showed in his first posts- I knew my situation was not good- but it was nowhere near as bad as his.

Since then he has shown tremendous courage and resolve in attempting to put his wrong doings right.

He can't turn back the clock, and I guess there will be people with long memories in his town who won't forget what he did on that night, but he is trying his damnest to put it right, and I have a lot of respect for a man in that situation owning the problem as he has done, and for that reason, I will make an effort to reply to a post of his.

There are others on the board who deserve attention just as much, but maybe they do not find themselves in such a desperate state- and have not lost literally everything through the demon booze as he has.

If I write a post that my boyfriend has got annoyed with me for getting pissed and he had to come to pick me up from a friend's house it is not quite the same level of urgency, and I do not require the same level of support as Echome.

Next time it could be you or I.

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Hello Echome and welcome,

Congratulations on 29 days AF, that is some achievement considering what you have been through..

At the moment it is your turn to take from the pot, but, there will come a time when you will be able to put something back in for the next person in need..

I wish you well on your journey.

Love, Louise xx
              A F F L..
              Alcohol Free For Life

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

db2fromala;209081 wrote: Echome,

I am considering AA as a adjunct to MWO.

(I haven't been drinking for a couple of weeks but am seriously struggling with it.)

Glad you find it helpful. I do have my reservations after reading their Big Book and the whole "giving up to a higher power" thing. Which is really funny, considering I believe in God and Christ. However, I guess it is because I know deep down my goofs are my goofs.

Still, I do think sharing face-to-face with others in my boat might help. If it doesn't, I won't continue.

I am considering asking hubby to go with me. He won't want to but I bet he will. He really wants me to beat this. Love is surely a comforting blanket when you are lonely and scared...

YOU AND I CANNOT AND WILL NOT DRINK AGAIN!!

Cindi

Cindi,

I was thinking the same thing re AA. I am NOT a religious person and am pretty much turned off by any kind of religious pressure...I have been through some stuff but I don't want to get into that and stray too far off topic. Are there any other religions or "non religions" represented at AA?....or is it all "Wonder Bread", Caucasian, Native Born, Americans? I'm not trying to offend anyone, just trying to get better and find a good place for me. Do they pray at the meetings? I kind of live in the "Bible Belt" and notice half of the meetings are held in churches.

I asked my husband this weekend if he could handle things for 30 days if I went into a rehab. He looked at me like I was completely crazy. Why is it people don't believe I have a problem? They just think I'm an entertaining and very funny blonde that drinks too much but doesn't really
                have a problem :huh:

Echo, Keep up the good work!!!! Myheart
                Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                - George Jackson

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Good to see you back and posting, Echome.

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

I asked my husband this weekend if he could handle things for 30 days if I went into a rehab. He looked at me like I was completely crazy. Why is it people don't believe I have a problem? They just think I'm an entertaining and very funny blonde that drinks too much but doesn't really have a problem :huh:

Thats exactly the reaction I get. People just say, "Well, why don't you just STOP?" And then laugh and tell me I don't REALLY have a problem- I just go overboard sometimes.

Yeah, right.

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Well done Echome, 29 days AF.
                      Myheartisdrenchedinwine. You hit the nail on the head forme. my hubby dont think i have a problem he thinks if you dont need that drink in the morning your not a alcohloic. The truth is there would be no way my husband would let me go to rehab would not be able to handle 30days.

Keep going Echome.

Teardrop.x
                      family is everything to me

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Marbella., the same thing happened to me 25 years ago, it was suggested I was an alcoholic and my family would't accept it. I can remember my dad looking me in the eyes and saying "your not really an alcoholic are you)? I think it goes to show how much social stigma is attached to "alcoholic". The bottom line is, we know who we are, what we are doing, what we feel, and where we are going. No one else can label us but ourselves and until I admitted to me that I had a problem with booze, it didn't make any difference what anyone else thought or said. I think the first step starts within and after that, the un-selfish support like this site is available when we are ready.

Hope this makes sense,
                        Larry

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

afleisl,
                          I totally agree with you. My mother loves me dearly, but is in denial about the fact that I am an alcoholic........although she loves me, I don`t think she can handle the shame of having a daughter who is dependent on alcohol...........she prefers to think that I just used to drink "a little too much wine a little too often"!!!???

Can`t imagine how I would have managed to get off the drink without all you guys, as M.W.O. has been my only support........thanks again gang!!!

Starlight Impress x

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

marbella;209234 wrote: I asked my husband this weekend if he could handle things for 30 days if I went into a rehab. He looked at me like I was completely crazy. Why is it people don't believe I have a problem? They just think I'm an entertaining and very funny blonde that drinks too much but doesn't really have a problem :huh:

Thats exactly the reaction I get. People just say, "Well, why don't you just STOP?" And then laugh and tell me I don't REALLY have a problem- I just go overboard sometimes.

Yeah, right.

Hi Marbella,

It is amazing to me how few people really get it. I "have it all together", I am a "functioning alcoholic"...just like my Dad and his Dad... To me it feels like "barely functioning
                            ". Unless we are passed out in a gutter or "living under a bridge" people can't comprehend that we have a problem that needs fixing. Stigma causes their mind block...I HATE the stigma!!! They think "normal" people like us don't need help. If our "vice" was heroin things would be different, but alcohol is legal and socially accepted.

I read 80-90% of alcoholics are smokers, I do not smoke. I also am a female with no criminal record or history of violence....maybe this adds more to the confusion of people not really getting it???? I guess until I am a burden to society, society doesn't care

Echo, Thanks for making us all "THINK"....
                            Patience has its limits. Take it too far, and it's cowardice.
                            - George Jackson

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Funnily enough I'm the other way round! My ex (now) was trying to push me into rehab and being a alcoholic and there was no way I wanted that! But the point is that at MWO I found MY way out...with all your love and support! So, labels don't matter here...that's what's so lovely about it! Each person is a wonderful, brave, courageous individual. Perhaps alcoholic, perhaps having trouble with 'handling their booze'..does it matter? WE know and WE have to deal with it. (But then again, I'm not being pushed into drinking by anyone so I am lucky...hmmm.)

Sorry, Echome - a quick chat on your thread! I am so pleased for you...29 days!!! WOW!
                              YOU CANNOT AND WILL NOT DRINK AGAIN. Especially as you've got a party to go to here tomorrow if you would like some 30 day cheers from us all!!?! And then more cheers at 33, 37, 45, 57, and 60 etc etc.... And still the support for everybody and from everybody to everybody will go on...we're with each other every step of the way.

Your courage and determination is a lesson to us all Echome.

Love FMF xx
                              :heart: c: :heart:
                              "Be patient and gentle with yourself - the magic is in you."

Comment

HONESTY AND TRUTH

Thanx guys Late for work 30 DAYS AF wow ! I have worked very hard to get here And have to keep working very hard. ECHOME I CANNOT AND WILLNOT DRINK AGAIN !!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X