please help. i cant cope.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hello everyone. I feel like all i do on here at the moment is post about how bad i feel but it is the only place i can actually get it off my chest. ive totally blown it again i drank two bottles of wine yesterday and i feel so ashamed of myself i don't know why i do to myself. i think that in all honestly i must not like myself very much to keep on doing this and making myself feel so bad physically and mentally. i'm shaking and keep crying and i want to scream and shout. i dont like it i want it to stop. please help.

:l Shellbee. It's rough. :l

This is a good place to get it off your chest. Did anything trigger it? Might help to think through if there was a cause ..... and look at that more closely. What are you numbing or medicating yourself about? Maybe you already know....but it can be hard to excavate all the layers of stuff in the mind.

What have you got to help you......Kalms? anything from the MWO supps? And rehydrate yourself asap. Get back to a quieter state...maybe take a walk or exercise? All these are just 'holding' operations, I know. We've all been there.....but I've found it needs a calmer state to try to sort things out.

I'm just a newbie...what do I know....but I bet someone with lots of good experience will be along soon. In the meantime....massive :l

Suze x
    Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

thanx suze, i've never felt this bad physically before. my heads spinning i keep being sick. my hands are shaking as i type and its hard t ofcus on anything. its weird i am wandering around aimlessly and i just cant function. i cant stop shaking. i am terrified. i still feel drunk

Comment

:l Shelbee, today will be hard but you will get through it !!!!

Take some deep breaths, you CAN cope..... As Suze says, have you got any supps???

Perhaps go for a walk? anything to pass the time ....

Get through today and tomorrow will be much easier ......

Big hugs to you :l
        sigpicXXX

Comment

hi shellbee-
          You sound really shaken up, and I've been there too. First - THIS WILL PASS. ABSOLUTELY. And as Suze said - drink lots of water if you can.

Also like Suze said - if you have any of the supplements - take some. The calms forte and calcium I find to be calming. I know you're sick to your stomach, but when you can try some dry toast. A coca-cola (take small sips, slowly) can help too.

Some other things that have helped me at the worst moments are warm milk and a hot bath or shower.

Deep breaths sweetie, and write us back. BIG HUGS.

When the crisis passes, you can start getting "back on track". Try to be gentle with yourself in the meantime. So many of us have been there - you are not alone!

luv, Beth

Comment

Shellbee...remember...this stuff is poisonous to the human body....your body is just confirming that for you......you've been poisoned.

Help your body to get rid of it....water, comfort food when you feel like it, gentle exercise to help dispel the anxiety/adrenaline feeling.

Stay around here. We're here for you.

Suze XX
            Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

hang in there

shellbee

hang on,
              do what beth suggested, get into a warm, bubbly bath with a cuppa on the side, watch dr phil, cartoons, an old black & white film,
              do anything but take the first.

we are all thinking of you, some struggling with you, some feeling just as alone, you are not alone here xxxxxxxx

come back post, read, post, share it with people who can bear the load with you

love,

B

Comment

Shellbee,
                Am sorry you`re feeling so helpless. You just have to hang onto the belief that things will get better, as indeed they shall.

A couple of months ago, I felt as despairing as you are now........I never believed I could get off the drinking merry-go-round..........but I did shellbee, just as you can when you totally commit to getting sober.

It all starts with a single day shellbee.......tell yourself you will not drink today NO MATTER WHAT. If you`re struggling this evening, post on ASAP or come to Chat.......we`ll be here for you. I thought I couldn`t make it through my first day, but I came to the site and got the support of other members who helped me make it through that night.

You can do this Shellbee.........try your very hardest and you will do it. Am not saying it`s in any way easy at first, but in hindsight, I can tell you in all honestly how any initial suffering I endured has been sooooooo worth it.

Love and strength to you,

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Shellbee,
                  I don't know if the following helps or not. But, I think part of what we are all dealing with is a spiritual warfare. Whatever your faith is... Try to read the following and see if any of it makes any sense and can be applied to how you feel and how it might help you get thru this moment and today.

A Study of Ephesians 6:10-24

10 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.
                  Q1--Where does our strength come from?

Comment on verse 10

Our strength must come from the Lord. When we try to do things in our own strength or our own ability, we will often fail. The reason for this is we do not have as much strength or ability as we think we have. When we go in God’s strength, he is there to compensate for our own weaknesses and to help us through unseen dangers and snares.

Philippians 4:13, I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.

11 Put on the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil.

12 For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places.

13 Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

Q2--Why are we to put on the whole armor of God? What kind of spiritual warfare have you faced?

Comment on verses 11-13

We all face spiritual battles, although we might not recognize them as such. The enemy of our soul is trying to trip us up in our spiritual walk and trying to keep others blinded from accepting Christ. When we go forward to work for God’s kingdom, we must be willing to meet physical opposition as well as spiritual opposition. We are both body and spirit. We may keep our body fit and ready, but how healthy is our spirit? There will be spiritual battles ahead, and Paul is exhorting us to put on spiritual armor to withstand the devil and to stand firm for Christ.

J. Vernon McGee comments,

"There is a battle to be fought. One of the things that is commonly misunderstood today is that the child of God is in a battle, and the battle is being fought along spiritual lines."

14 Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness;

15 And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace;

Q3--What preparation does verse 15 tell us we need to do before going out in spiritual battle?

Comment on verses 14-15

Paul starts off the armor of God with the three basic pieces of clothing for the soldier -- the belt, the breastplate, and the shoes.

The belt -- the belt was extremely important as it held weapons and kept the rest of the soldiers garment in place for the battle. Here Paul says our belt should be truth. The one thing that holds our battle garments together must be the truth of God. If we enter into battle with false ideas we will be routed as the sons of Sceva were in Acts 19:13-16.

The breastplate -- this portion of armor is there to protect the soldier’s heart and other vital organs. If we want to protect our heart from evil, we must take on the breastplate of righteousness. This does not mean we live a perfect life -- our righteousness comes from the Lord. But we must strive to live our life according to God’s commands.

The shoes -- Since ancient soldiers fought primarily on foot, the shoes were essential to victory. Our shoes need to be the preparation of the gospel of peace. Are we prepared to share the gospel and to live the gospel? Do we know what the Bible teaches, and do we understand what God wants for our life? In order to be clothed with the whole armor of God, we need to spend time in preparation, learning from God.

16 Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked.

Q4--With what kind of fiery darts does the enemy attack us today?

Some of Satan’s fiery darts today are materialism, emotional distress, despair, broken families, temptations of drug and sex.

Comment on verse 16

Notice that faith is a shield. The shield was used to protect the soldier from harm. Faith is our shield against spiritual attack. The fiery darts may come, but they will be extinguished by faith. We must learn to trust God more and allow him to increase our faith.

17 And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God:

Q5--What does this verse tell us about our mental preparation?

Comment on verse 17

The helmet protects the brain. It is our assurance of salvation that will keep our mind focused on Christ. But when thoughts come that might discourage, hinder, or frighten us, we must answer them with the sword, which is God’s word. In Luke 4:1-13 every temptation by Satan was answered by Jesus with a quote from the Old Testament. We must be faithful in our reading and study of God’s word, so that when the enemy attacks us, we will pierce the attack with God’s promises in the Bible.

Hebrews 4:12, For the word of God is quick, and powerful, and sharper than any twoedged sword, piercing even to the dividing asunder of soul and spirit, and of the joints and marrow, and is a discerner of the thoughts and intents of the heart.

18 Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints;

Q6--How can you find more time for prayer in your busy schedule?

Comment on verse 18

I believe that verse 18 is a continuation of Paul’s teaching on the armor of God. In order to win our spiritual battles, we must be people of prayer. We need to persevere in prayer for ourselves, our family, and those in the community of faith. A regular prayer life is essential to our spiritual health.

19 And for me, that utterance may be given unto me, that I may open my mouth boldly, to make known the mystery of the gospel,

20 For which I am an ambassador in bonds: that therein I may speak boldly, as I ought to speak.

Q7--What do you think it means to share the gospel message boldly? How do you think you can overcome shyness in this area?

We can share the gospel message many ways -- telling others about Christ, living a Christian example before others, and helping others in need. People are usually more influenced by Christian’s actions than their words.

21 But that ye also may know my affairs, and how I do, Tychicus, a beloved brother and faithful minister in the Lord, shall make known to you all things:

22 Whom I have sent unto you for the same purpose, that ye might know our affairs, and that he might comfort your hearts.

23 Peace be to the brethren, and love with faith, from God the Father and the Lord Jesus Christ.

24 Grace be with all them that love our Lord Jesus Christ in sincerity. Amen.

Q8--If we follow the teachings in Ephesians, we will receive the blessings named in verses 23-24. Name those blessings.

We will receive peace, love, faith, and grace.

Footnotes:

This study on Ephesians 6:10-24 ? 1997 by David Humpal. All Rights Reserved.

All scriptures from the King James Version. Questions based on both the King James Version and the New International Version

Philippians 4:13 from the New King James Version ? 1984, Thomas Nelson Publishers

Thru the Bible with J. Vernon McGee, vol. 5, pg. 277 ? 1983, Thomas Nelson Publishers
                  Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

still hanging in there. i managed to eat a small sandwich and i have had some water keeping it down at the moment. feeling a little better. next step a good long shower. going through phases of feekling ok then just crashing and feeling like crap. detrmined to beat this . i will not drink today. no way. thank you all so much for your help and advise. xxx

Comment

PS
                      I don't mean to sound like a Bible pounder... but, sometimes it helps to know that we don't have to pull a rabbit out of a hat today all on our own.
                      Sunny Out Looks are Contagious!

Comment

Way to go Shellbee......... Hang onto that winning attitude!!!

Starlight Impress x

Comment

Shellbee, we've all been there and not to belittle your terrible situation, but some have been far worse. I mean this only to remind you that 1) YOU ARE NOT ALONE; 2) and yes, things do get better, they WILL get better; 3) We are here and we will get you through it.

Take the great advice here (long, hot showers do wonders for me-- they calm me down while giving me time to think, away from the drink). The supps help a lot, but they take a little time to kick in, but good food gives immediate relief.

Don't despair. Keep coming here.
                          Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Just remember how this feels so that next time you are tempted you are strong enough to say NO WAY!!

It's an insideous beast. Drive a wooden stake through it's heart! (lol)

PS JB, was about to suggest that your post was a bit much, but you realised it all by your little self! lol
                            It always seems impossible until it's done....

Comment

SHELLBEE,
                              Im an expert when it comes to booze and screwing up,so I know what your going thru. No matter what, hang in there and DONT DRINK. Today is #11 day AF for me and I dont ever want to go thru another bout of the DTs, dehydration, shakes, high blood pressure,depression,and all the rest of the stuff that we alcoholics endure from the poisons we put into our systems.

If you have some suppliments, get them into you ASAP. Eat a bannana or some fruit that is high in vitamin C and potassium. Drink as much water as you can endure. Come back here as much as you can today,it will help to stabalize your mind.

We are watching you today so check back soon.

Best of luck!

Bill

Comment

Working...
                              X