X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Back to Reality

:welcome:

Hi, I'm new too.

My liver was a mess earlier this year. My doctor nearly killed me after he saw the biospy results.

I still have pains if I overdo it, but blood tests are much more normal after laying off of it for the most part.

The good news is (a) you are not alone and (b) the liver CAN heal, with time. You can definitely feel better.

Good luck to us all.
    Laura-31
    Windsor, CT

Comment

Back to Reality

retteacher;220037 wrote: Change: The Newbies in Need ODAT (one day at a time) thread is great. It focusses on staying sober just for today. You don't have to look at a lifetime of abstinence. You just have to stay sober for today. Eventually, your brain will readjust itself. You mentioned that you had 3 months of sobriety. What triggered your relapse (if you don't mind my asking.)? Mary
      I dont know. I started drinking Moderatly and I just went back to pounding every night.

Now that i'm sober, I can feel every little pain in my body.
      Starting over again 09/06/11

"When its good its good its so good until it goes bad" Pink,Sober

sigpic

Comment

Back to Reality

Our body feels EVERYTHING when we are sober because it has nothing to NUMB any of our pains with.. Get your liver enzyms checked immediately by your doctor. Dont mess around with your liver, the booze and drugs REALLY messes it up.Nice thing is, is that the liver can re-build itself [in MOST cases] in about 2 weeks IF we stay away from the booze and drugs.

Bill

Comment

Back to Reality

Changemylife, are you taking any of the supplements?

Comment

Back to Reality

No Supplements. Just trying to eat right and drink lots of water.

I feel much better now. Have been concentrating on work and home. Have only been out with my wife and not friends. I am shying away from friends right now.

sigpic

Comment

Back to Reality

Las Vegas

My original post stated that I am going into this with a no pressure attitude. Been AF for about 3 weeks now. I've had a trip planned to go to Vegas for a weekend only.

I am going into that weekend with a no pressure attitude also. I'm not telling myself yes or no to alcohol. If I drink, I will not beat myself up. If I don't drink, I will not give myself praise.

The weekend will allow me to see where I stand with alcohol and what the next steps will be in my life.

sigpic

Comment

Back to Reality

Hi Changemylife

Not reached the point to where you are at yet so cannot give any advice apart from just be good to yourself. I think your name tipifies everything you want in your life but change can only come from you - BUT - you have all the support from fellow MWO folk - Have courage

:l sweetpea
                :flower: Keep strong and focused things do get better and you will find your happy :h

Comment

Back to Reality

Good Morning Life. Good luck on your weekend to Vegas. I had the same problem. Was suppseod to go there with my husband next weeknd but I'm bailing on him. I just don't think I can do it. I know for sure now that I can't cause I gave in last night. Didn't get totally buzzed but that doesn't matter. Had a kind of stessful day (with family) and I let it get the best of me. I feel better than I thought I would this morning, having to go back to day1 but it's ok. Got my niece over my shoulder so I'll go for now. Good luck to you!

Comment

Back to Reality

Well, I'm back from Vegas

Drank over the weekend. Not too crazy. Didn't drink this week.
                    The weekend was not that good. Spent too much money thinking it would be the best of all weekends but didn't turn out that way.

What can you do, you win some and lose some.

sigpic

Comment

Back to Reality

Had a rough night last night. drank too much too fast.
                      I guess the moderation thing is not working

sigpic

Comment

Back to Reality

I'm on day 9 and feeling much better than I did the first few days. On Campral and think it is working. My goal is 100% AF, but I know there is a part of my mind saying "some day...." I see some people on here that have been more than a year AF and that is encouraging, but discouraging at the same time as it appears the year+ AF folks still struggle.....does that mean that no matter how long I am AF, I will still WANT to drink?
                        :award:

None of us will ever accomplish anything excellent or commanding except when he listens to this whisper which is heard by him alone (Ralph Waldo Emerson).

Comment

Back to Reality

Change...I think lots (if not, most) of us have found mods SO hard to do. I was endlessly thinking about when I could drink, how much, how quick etc.....too tiring!

I felt really tired all the time at first AF....and I still feel that my body is very vulnerable to aches and pains......in the past I would have 'drunk' away those feelings! I think it takes a long time for a body to repair after years of poisoning with alcohol. If we'd been using arsenic all this time we wouldn't expect to feel great immediately, would we???:H

Take care....lots of water and tlc...maybe set a small AF goal for the next day or so?

Suze x
                          Just hand me the chocolate and.........I'll consider my position. My solicitor has advised me to say no more than that.

Comment

Back to Reality

changemylife,

I admire you for managing to do as much AF as you have. I suggest you take the supplements, they are kind of like medicine, in that they do really relieve a lot of withdrawal pains. I've gone AF after heavy drinking both with and without supps and I can tell you from experience that it is so much easier if you follow the supplement programme. (plus lots of water, lots of sleep, good, healthy food, and exercise if you can manage -- at least fresh air).
                            Your time is limited, so don't waste it living someone else's life... And most important, have the courage to follow your heart and intuition. They somehow already know what you truly want to become. Everything else is secondary.

Steve Jobs, Stanford Commencement Adress, 2005

Comment

Back to Reality

Back to Reality Again.

Have been drining heavily since the holidays. Looking to stop again. Life is not bad right now so I think that will help me. Life is also not great but not bad.

sigpic

Comment

Back to Reality

hi change my life- if you have been a heavy drinker who can't stop at one or 2 for a long time, it will be a really hard thing to moderate, I think it is possible but probably extremely difficult specially if your friends are also drinkers.

vitamins and minerals are essential in helping you recuperate and learn to have control over your cravings.

I have spent about 1 year working on achieving moderation. it has been quite a tough job and I would like to say that without this group i'd still be falling off my barstool at the local dive.

Trix
                                You can't turn a pickle into a cucumber

Comment

Working...
                                X