first timer jitters

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

first timer jitters

I have only just discovered this site today and have already ordered the book!

I guess it is easy to feel motivated when you miss work with a feral hangover and your partner walks out in disgust with the words 'Get it together for God's sake.'

I have been telling myself forever that everything is under control. Reading the board has made me realise that I don't have control but I'm not the only person out there who has been secretly shielding the problem from family and friends.

I can't keep pretending and I can't keep lying to myself.

Look forward to meeting others and being inspired!

first timer jitters

Welcome fellover,
    Great job on ordering the book right away. It sounds like you are ready to make a change for the better and this program can help.

Marcie

Comment

first timer jitters

Hi, first time jitters

I can relate. I just found this board yesterday. I have to order the book and look into the vitamins, etc.

Will power and AA have not worked for me. My situation is complicated by the fact that my partner is also a heavy drinker, or an alcoholic. Frankly I'm not sure that terminology really matters. Welcome and good luck.

losingtouch

Comment

first timer jitters

Hi Fellover,

I can't tell you the relief I felt when I literally stumbled onto this site and no longer felt alone. Surly you are not alone any longer! There is a wealth of information and support for you here. I do not know how much you know about MWO. You can start by down loading the book from the home page of this site so you don't have to wait for it in the mail. Read the boards, post and ask questions, we are here to make you feel welcomed!

We all know the feeling far too well of of not having control of alcohol in our lives, and the feeling of hiding it from those closest to us. Welcome to MWO, and best of luck to you as you begin your journey!

Donna

Oops, you already ordered the book, Great!!

Comment

first timer jitters

You have come to the right place! I don't think anything in our lives happens by accident!
          You will find encouragement here to seek Truth and put it into practice in your life. The Truth is....we are all in human condition (everybody) struggling through this life on planet earth. Nobody is perfect in this condition, but.......there is Hope for all of us!
          Be sure to stick around long enough and read between the lines, work the MWO plan, make some new friends and listen to some folks who have spent years researching what doesn't work.
          Welcome!

Comment

first timer jitters

Re: Hi, first time jitters

Hi, fellover, and losingtouch, if you will register, (it's free) you will be entitled to take part in the chat room. (Losingtouch, glad you got off page 6.) So happy to see you two here. I know you won't regret sticking around. There is a great bunch of people here, many who have had, or are experiancing exactly the same things as you are. Help is here if you want it. I know. That's why I stuck around. We don't have to live our lives under the fog of alcohol. It's up us, and I believethis is our chance. Take Courage, Eliziby

Comment

first timer jitters

What a great response...

I have just finished work for the day and I am amazed at the vibrant 'life' this board has! Thanks to all for your replies and words of encouragement. Getting back to work feels like a relief but there are moments when you cringe at your own behaviour. I know a post i read somewhere said that regret is unhelpful but hey, sometimes it can work as a motivator!

Willpower and determination have worked for periods of time but then the backsliding starts and the control you thought you had disappears like the enigma it always was.

I really hope that this program is for the long haul because I am tired of not trusting myself around alcohol and staying home in order to avoid unwanted embarrassment and shame.

Here's to no longer falling over!

Comment

first timer jitters

Re: What a great response...

Hi Fellover,

Yes, I do believe that this program is for the "long haul" so to speak, as long as your commitment to it is for the "long haul" as well. The program is phenomenal yes, but it takes commitment and diligence on your part to make it work! So, when do you plan on starting?

Donna

Comment

first timer jitters

I have ordered the book and cd's but they have to come all the way downunder! So while I wait I have decided to abstain for a month. I am clearing all of the alcohol out of the house and feel that if I can make a positive start then I can keep it going. It has been 2 days so far but then I don't drink everyday. It usually gets to about 5 to 7 days before I feel I have earned it and want to reward myself...and so the vicious cycle expands and contracts.

It's time to break that cycle.

Comment

first timer jitters

WOW!

Good for you! That is quite the positive start indeed Fellover! I do wish you the best of luck while you wait! Any word as to when your pacckages will arrive?

Donna

Comment

first timer jitters

I am guessing at 2 weeks but hen I really have no idea. This board is going to be rather important while I wait. My partner doesn't have much faith in my sticking to my word and thinks that a more traditional AA or counselling will be better. It didn't work before but I feel this system is more suited to me. Ireally want to control it myself from home

Comment

first timer jitters

Congrats on ordering the book and stuff fellover. Maybe one of our Aussie members can tell how long they had to wait for the package. Your partner is like the rest of the world believing that AA is the only way to get better. Let's prove them wrong!

Marcie

Comment

first timer jitters

Well, many feel the same as you as far as this board and the ability to do this from home. This board has truly been my saving grace! I never did try AA, but many here have said that they have taken parts of that program and incorporated them into their lives. As far as counseling goes, well, my therapist is a rich woman! :lol Stick to your guns, it certainly sounds like you have your mind set on making this work!

Donna

Comment

first timer jitters

Welcome fellover!
                            Look forward to getting to know you better and helping however we can. Sure you will be helping us along the way too . You sound very determined! Stick with it!
                            Becca

Comment

first timer jitters

Hi Fellover,

Your partner's words, 'Get it together for God's sake.'
                              sound so familiar to me. I heard them often. It doesn't help, does it?
                              I found it just made me more ashamed and guilty and more bent toward killing the pain with booze.
                              Someone who doesn't have a problem with alcohol finds it so hard to understand.
                              Here, we understand and are rowing the same boat.

Welcome.
                              Helen

Comment

Working...
                              X