Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who's just started or really starting in the New Year?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Your Welcome...

I so appreciae the welcome you guys sent. I do have a few questions...why did it list me as unregistered and I am registered...?

Also, I ordered the wrong forms of the herbals in two cases..I didn' order the Senior All 1 and then I ordered not the Kudzu root, but the other one. I guess it'll work just as well? I don't need the iron, but surely it won't hurt me for a while until I reorder and the Kudzu I hope will work as well? Maybe I'll need a bit more of it to be effective?

Comment

Re: Your Welcome...

After you registered did you sign in using the account name and password that was emailed to you from ezboard?

Can't tell you on the supplements, maybe someone else can answer this one.

Marcie

Comment

Re: I'm joining you guys

Hi Kathy;

I think you're doing a great job! Seems like daily alcohol to excess, that takes over and can pretty much know how the night(s) will play out.

With that being said, you changed direction, and have gone 2 days not drinking and that is a huge start!

Brandy

Comment

Re: I'm joining you guys

Kathy,
          Congrats on a great start. Keep up the good work!

Marcie

Comment

could use all the support

Saw your message and going for the meds on monday, i also will need a buddy for support.My email is MMarks423@aol.com

Comment

could use all the support

Hey LM,

Welcome, hope you were able to get on the chat site, per your other post. Anyway, good luck getting the meds. Start a new thread if you want and you'll get lots of responses. (Just hit "new topic" and tell us all about yourself) There's lots of support here! Good luck!

Kathy

Comment

Re: could use all the support

Welcome LM - Good luck in your journey. Just like Kathy said, there is alot of support here. We will are all here going through this with you.

Marcie

Comment

Welcome LM,

Wishing you all the very best on your new journey; good luck Monday with the meds.
                  Keep coming, there's lots of good advice and support here!

Best,
                  Kate

Comment

Hey Guys - I'm Jane from Northern Virginia. I'm on my 3rd day of sobriety. Hard to do on the weekend!

Looking forward to getting to know everyone through our journey together.

I'll be checking back often.....

Jane.

Comment

Welcome Jane,
                      Marcie from Wisconsin. I'm on 11 days of sobriety today. Are you taking the supps and meds? I've been taking some supps on and off, but can't take the meds. I'm doing ok so far.

Great to have you here!

Marcie

Comment

Hi Marcie - I am going to get the meds next week. The book should be arriving via Amazon by Tuesday and I have an appointment with the doctor for the following week. I'm doing OK so far. Cross my fingers!

Jane.

Comment

Jane,
                          That's great that you're getting a head start on the program while you're waiting to get everything. Make sure you either bring the lancet article and topa info with you to the dr or even better, drop it off a couple days before so the doc can look it over if they aren't familiar with it. Good luck!

Marcie

Comment

Count me in......

I started the Cds and supplements on Dec 21 (Thats where I got the 21 in my user name vida 21) , and then I started the topamax on december 23. I bumped up to 75 mg yesterday.
                            I have been sporadic on the boards because I went on a vacation and now I find myself sick in bed. I am going to try and participate as much as possible!

Comment

I'm new here - with you all!

I'm so encouraged by the posts here! My drinking finally came to be interfering in my life - some scary stories and frightful 'almosts' gave me several wakeup calls - lately I've been just terrified thinking of some incidents.... my family thinks I've stopped but I've been off/on for about a year.

Sober since Jan. 1st! At this time, only doing the supplements - haven't yet ordered the CD's and need to (some self talk before bed seems to help) and my Dr. hasn't called me back re. the Topa - urrgghh!
                              May need to wait for the 2/14 physical to make sure liver tests ok - I'm on antabuse for now.

Went to a number of AA meetings - but made me think of alcohol more than ever, and made me depressed!! AND it seemed like a 'new religion' - I don't want a new religion!

Seven days is seven days! I do feel good but insomnia is the major complaint. And on Friday - last night - definitely had my wine or vodka/tonic craving. I mean it was Friday night!

I'm a 46 yr old single mom - my daughter just turned 3 this week! I work from home and have all to gain sober and lots to lose if I continue on this road..... thanks to everyone for the support and I hope I can continue and contribute as well. J (alias Kitten)

Comment

welcome kitten!

Hi kitten! Welcome aboard! Hope you stick around. This site has helped me tremendously! Seven days is huge!! I find it helpful just logging on when I start thinking about drinking. Did you give the info on the topa to your doctor? I'm on Campral which is probably easier to obtain because it is for abstinence. I think it'll take lots of time before most doctors will be convinced of the promising effects of topa (moderation). It's a shame. Hopefully you'll have luck with yours! Sometimes writing a farewell letter to alcohol can help. Mine was almost like a letter to a lover who burned me. Stay close and let us know how you are progressing. Gina

Comment

Working...
                                X