Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

topa side affects...

Re: topa

Okay, also go to the First time here, FAQ, and in the post, there is a link to the Lancet article on Topamax, which you can also print out to take to your doctor. This is the original study by the START program. I'd also recommend taking the time to read them yourself. The more educated you are, the better case you can make for yourself!

I was really lucky. I had topamax before I even found MWO. My psychiatrist has prescribed it for me because we were both concerned about my drinking, but we were both unfamiliar with how to take it, and I was taking it before bed, AFTER I had done my drinking for the evening! Needless to say, it wasn't helping much! It is definitely effective on the dosing schedule recommended in the book.

Good luck, Martian!

Hugs,
    Kathy

Comment

topa side affects...

topa

Thanks so much Kathy,
      I too will be back when I get more time.
      Ciao
      MFM

Comment

topa side affects...

Hello all:
        I approching (tomorrow) my two week mark of following the program exactly. My drinking is down to almost nothing. A watered down half shot of scotch. Side effects are only afternoon being real tired/sleepy but remedy by working out vigiorisly. Get very sleeply at night which is good and sleep at least 8 hours or more nightly. I usually only sleep 6 to 7. So that is not bad I guess. Starting on 75 MG tomorrow. Hope the tiredness goes away. Amy says it will, I am trusting Amy and others.
        Ed

Comment

topa side affects...

I think kathy brings up a good point about taking the topa late at night. I think its possible to sabotage yourself. This happened to me when I went to mexico in january, this little (devil) part of me really wanted to drink alot so I sortof unconsciously waited till later and later to take it. needless to say, the only really bad slip up that I have had was when I did that. It was terrible! And I learned from it!

Good job Ed! is 1/2 shot of watered down scotch alot less than you were drinking before? I bet it is!! Way to go!

Comment

topa side affects...

I had a bit of a slip this weekend on Sat night not real bad but had 3 drinks. Felt it yesterday all day. Caught a cold last week so I felt twice as bad yesterday. Approching the three week point this week. I still have those nightly desires about the same time right before dinner just not as bad. Keep you all posted.
            Ed

Comment

topa side affects...

Hi Ed,

I'm right with you on my third week of topa. I had 3 beers at a Superbowl party last night. I was blown away however because normally I would have had 10-12+ beers durning the 6 hour party instead of only 3. My goal is moderation during social occasions, so for me so far so good. Granted I could of had more and wanted more but I switched to tonic water with lime instead. According to the posts they say the desire will start to fade even more as we step up to 150 and 200mg. Hang in there. I'm not sure what you goal is but I'm sure 3 is alot less than what you were drinking in a day. I say we are getting there and have come a long way. Here is a pat on the back to us!
              Tammie

Comment

topa side affects...

Tammie:
                Yea it is a lot less. I'm going to be taking 100Mg starting on Thursday. I am following everything else exactly. I need to do something else with my time right before dinner so not to want a cocktail before dinner. But if I do it is only one and I water it down. Certinaly not like before. I can remember what I watch on TV now the next day. The only issue is I'm a bit foggy and sleepy during the day. From what others here have told me that will go away somewhat when I increase my dose beyond where I am now. Keep up the good work.
                Ed

Comment

Working...
                X