Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hey nesters. Just checking in. Thanks lolab for mentioning me way back! Still AF and reading everyone's posts. Just unable to read and recall everyone!!

Anyone heard anything from If dreams were horses. Same day 1 AF as me but dont seem to see any comments from them.

I'm feeling really angry all the time!!! Is this normal. Someone mentioned being an angry sober person! I am so much so. Really uptight and tense. I know this is one of the many triggers I had. I'm not givignnint to it but just wondering if it is normal or common.

Stay safe nesters x

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm glad malted milk balls don't contain alcohol. I just ate a whole box of em. Bleh. Now I have the G/S/R brothers....AND a chocolate HANGOVER! What was I thinking?
      Bloated Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

lolab;1226435 wrote:
        And freefly your plan sounds wonderful! I read your post about the Tibetan stuff Awhile back but it seems like I looked at the site and it Cost ? But I didn't know enough about it. CN you bump the thread and tell me more?
        Hi LolaB - I've bumped the thread.

Day 4 for me. Very happy as been out for Christmas dinner with yoga buddies. 3 out of 7 didn't drink. The remaining 4 had one glass each! Obviously if I had been drinking, one would definitely not have been enough (although, if I had been drinking, I know I could have persuaded one or two of them to have more - funny how people resist if people aren't drinking. I watched with interest). Last week I would have stopped on the way home for a bottle & some nicotine. Instead I dropped them home. Felt good
        You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mornin/evening Nesters!!!
          Lavande, lolab, mylife, Flyaway, FreeFly, Herbie, Andrew, Irie, Prairy....alll

I wrote a long post and it all disappeared:upset:

Day 2 for me and i feel tired to start all this recovery process again but there is no other way!!!

Andrew - you were doing great at your office party i can tell that i'm not sensible with AL anymore - after my christmas party with 3 glasses of wine i went to bottle shop for a bootle of wine and had some "after-party"

Prairy - il ike your determination and know what is broken relationship...i started to have mild drinking problem 9 years ago when i went through divorce..it was increadibly hard time and it was like loosing family (i never had real family...)..i can say that i drunk very occasionally till i was 36 (i'm 45 now)...
          With every broken relationship i started to drink more.. i know that i have 2 addictions - AL and relationship but my priority now is to fight with AL...
          2 years ago my mother passed away and started to drink more - like i wanted to die too..
          I have wonderful and talented daughter (she' ll be 19 soon) and i have to live..
          The last years i just waisted my time, my talents, my brain, money etc. Somehow i managed to be alive and physically i'm ok but emotionally and mentally i feel very down..

Australia - how are you???

canadian gal ?? - in somehow we have similar situatiom - to be far away from habitual enviroment..BUT - you' re much younger, active, working and not so broken i hope!!!!

Irie - i' ll write to you later just wanted to say that if you made 5 AF days you' ll do it again and perhaps more!!!:l
          The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
          /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Everyone

Well today is my birthday... been working hard, have a very difficult impossible to please client that I wish I could fire!!! So after days of aggravation and no immediate relief in sight and its my birthday and my hub is still out of the county.. all I wanted to do tonight was to settle into the tub with a nice glass of wine... its a good thing I don't have any in the house and i would have to drive to far to get any... cause I really really want one....I guess I will go make some cookies!!!

nest is hoping .. it is full of energy... it is wonderful...I'll let you all know how the cookies turn out

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Herbie!!:bday7: :heartsnflowers:

Good luck with your cookies and have a nice bath without wine

I like to have a bath with candles, bath salt with essential oils like patchouli, ylang-ylang, rose..relaxing and in the same time erotic and relaxing background music..and a cup of tea or cold juice depend of the climate...
              The time for action is now. It's never too late to do something.
              /Antoine de Saint-Exupery/

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy birthday, Herbie!
                Last night was a true test of will. An unexpected guest showed up at the house with a 12 pack. "Ok, I can do this." She drank, we talked, and watched some TV. When I was ready for bed, she left, and that was that. Funny, though, "Do you want me to leave you a couple?" "Nope." Sure?" Yep. "Did you quit drinking?" Yep. "Oh, OK."
                Have a great night/day everyone!
                Goal 1: Today
                Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Newbies Nest

The nest is hopping today - it's just zinging.

To whomever asked the question about using hypnos in the car - it DEPENDS.

1). If it's a classic hypnotic, a clearing hypnotic or a sleep hypnotic - all of which require relaxing you - then no - you must NOT operate motor vehicles. Typically - a classic or clearing hypnotic will tell you right up front - no driving and please climb into bed, onto a couch and someplace where you won't be disturbed. Being yanked out a trance feels like having a heart attack it's such a shock to the system.

2). Daytime subliminals CAN be used in the car. These are usually - but not always - hypnotic cue triggers where you don't consciously hear the hypnotist's voice as it's embedded just out of active range but where your little rat brain still recognizes it. Using them during the day, particularly before your witching hour, cuts down on the likelihood you will slip - since the lite rat brain is being reminded it neither needs nor wants AL and the post-Hynpnotic cues to not drink are activated - the Alien has a harder time getting a foothold.

If you can squeeze in an hour a day of daytime subliminals you make a big difference. If you can get a part of that time right before you normally are in craving mode - so much the better.

Anyone hear from Gregorino how his interview went? Herbie are you feeling better today?

And I just wanted to send a hug to BamaJohn who made my night the other night. :-)
                  That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                  Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                  AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy birthday, Herbie!

Nice story Lukalee.

Wishing everyone well tonight, sorry for the short post!
                    "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                    AF 11/12/11

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday Herbie! You will feel like a million bucks tomorrow with your first sober biRfDaY under your belt. Don't get sucked into the pity party, it's easy to do. Celebrate that you are kicking AL's @$$!!! Enjoy the cookies! Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening ALL nesters

So many here these days - great!!!

:bday7: Happy birthday Herbie!
                        Have a cup of tea & a cookie, relax & be good to yourself

Min Star, I'm sorry you're feeling angry but it is kind of typical, really. I used one of my favorite websites to help me turn those feelings into feelings of gratitude.
                        The ToDo Institute: Mindfulness, Procrastination, and Gratitude using Morita and Naikan Therapies
                        It's takes some time & effort to learn how to be a non-drinking (and in my case non-smoking) adult.

The MWO CDs came with a set of directions, some are for daytime use, some only for night.

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back... never made it back to the kitchen so no cookies... just sat here like a big potato watching TV next to my dog who has very bad gas tonight.. don't know what she got into today but it is stinky... glad I got through my fit about wanting a glass of wine... thanks to all of you

have a good night and sleep well my fellow nestors

thank you all for the happy b day wishes

Comment

Newbies Nest

Glad you did Herbie. Happy Birthday!
                            That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                            Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                            AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday, Herbie! Hope you had a great day.
                              Got 2 extra kids here for the night (their Mom is having a minor medical emergency). Glad I am not drinking...so I can manage the craziness here. Not saying that I haven't thought of a drink though.
                              BelleGirl

Alcohol does me no favors.

Pouring poison down your throat is just plain STUPID!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks freefly. I wll check that out now.

Minstar oooooh yes! I was on edge to say the least for quite some time!!! But it did lift. It's temporary (in most cases LOL!) and normal.

Happy birthday herbie!!!! You made me smile picturing you sitting there with your smelly dog :-)

I hope everyone is buckled in! It's wiiiiindy! We don't want go risk getting blown out of the nest
                                ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X