Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good Friday one and all. Sorry that I have not had much time to get to know everyone. But, after today, I have 17 days off!! I am so thankful that I started my AF days before then. This house needs so much cleaning/work done since I have neglected it to drink instead. When I look at with clear eyes, I realize what a shithole I have allowed it to become!!
    Need to hop into work. Have an excellent day/night!
    Goal 1: Today
    Goal 2: Tomorrow

Comment

Newbies Nest

UnWasted, your post sure hit a note. Fighting AL everyday is simply exhausting! It drained me of life. Cutting it off at the head is the only way, and it is so much easier than trying to live with it on some level. Thanks for the reminder! Carry on nesters, Byrdie
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone... did not get a chance yesterday to many crazy things going on but I want to get a message today for my B day treat for myself... not sure if I can get in anywhere but will give it a try..

Slept like a rock (with my stinky gas passing dog right next to me)!!!!

Here is to everyone doing the best they can to fight AL today... fight on my fellow nesters!!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey Windy, great to see you - I need to stop being such a worrywart :H

"admit your problem, tell him you have a plan & are currently working it - then stop apologizing! There is no need to put yourself into an eternal doghouse. Nothing about the past can be changed so keep your focus on today, stay positive & keep adding to your AF days."
          awesome Lav!!! perfect advice for all of us...:l

wow, lukalee -enjoy that 17 day break!!

sorry, gotta run this morning....

lola
          ~

Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.

Sobriety date: Sept 26, 2011

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 3 for me today,am feeling not to bad better than wensday for sure. I have an app to see my doctor this afternoon but i plan to go to an AA meeting tonight as fridays are normally my day to start drinking. Made some comfort food last night and then watched some xmas movies. I did sleep but with the help of gravol. Hope everyone has a good day

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1227352 wrote: Good morning Nesters!

Wonderful to see so many checking in today!

Canadian Girl, be careful!

PF, keeping MWO to myself was & still is very inmportant to me & there is nothing wrong with that. I'd like to remind you that once you speak to your SO, admit your problem, tell him you have a plan & are currently working it - then stop apologizing! There is no need to put yourself into an eternal doghouse. Nothing about the past can be changed so keep your focus on today, stay positive & keep adding to your AF days.

I have to run for now, will check in later
              Have a great AF Friday one & all.

Lav
              Excellent advice for Prairie Fairy! Treat yourself with kindness and respect through all of this too. Don't reveal any more than you want, show him you're making amends through your actions, and give him time to be angry. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Windy--Way to go! Great attitude. I feel the same way. I need to make some changes in myself. 100 days coming up, fabulous!

Lukalee--Congratulations on 17 days!

Herbie--Belated birthday greetings. Your farting dog stories had me laughing! :H

Twitt--Way to go on 3 days down! And it sounds like you've got a good plan for tonight. Stay strong.

Comment

Newbies Nest

thankyou i needed that

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just ran across this & thought about the Nest ~

It's not who you are that holds you back, it's who you think you're not.
                    ~ Author Unknown

Herbie - I wouldn't definitely change your dog's food :H

windy - we all knew you would be a winner

twitt - get through day 3 AF with a good plan - don't leave anything to chance

Hey there FlyAway!
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

FlyAway;1227420 wrote: Excellent advice for Prairie Fairy! Treat yourself with kindness and respect through all of this too. Don't reveal any more than you want, show him you're making amends through your actions, and give him time to be angry. :l
                      Thanks to everybody for advice - I am taking it all on-board, listening to my day-time subliminals which have the added positive attitude/forgive yourself your past addendums - and just letting all this wisdom wash over me. Hoping it helps me find the rich words/path for both of us when the time comes.

But FlyAways note to treat myself with kindness and respect hit home - since I haven't done any of that - as had allow him to be angry - which I have a hard time doing. I just flip when there is unaddressed anger - so I need to count to whatever number I have to count to- and give some space.

talk about not playing to my strengths...
                      That popping sound you hear is me attempting to remove my head from my arse. It's been there for years so this may take a while.
                      Admitting I need healing. And I am not big enough to do this alone.
                      AF - August 20, 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lolab...I had a little time on my hands this afternoon and was looking around on this site. I see that YOU tried to start a thread of 'Fallen Heroes'! Duh, I remember that now. Sorry I didn't give you the proper props...You are always thinking of a better way. Hope everyone is having a wonderful AF Friday. It's just another day, remember Lav's wise words. Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello nesters, checking in on day 60...can't beleive it! Doesn't seem like 60 days and I wonder if that has something to do with working so hard at it every day?

Thank you everyone, I couldn't have done this goal without reading your post every day.

Hope every finds the strenght to have a great AF weekend.

Good luck to all!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Noal

Congratulations on reaching that magical figure. I am so pleased for you because you are obviously committed and working hard at this. I agree that it cannot be done without the support of this group and all the great people here. I personally owe you all so much as well as I made it to day 42 today ! I have just celebrated by paying out some of the money I have saved and joined the local Gym ! The target now is to lose 50lbs next year and stay AL free until January 2nd. After Jan 2nd of course I will stay AL free but just want to get those nasty New years Eve parties out of the way. I intend to go to them and face the AL head on rather than running away and hiding from it. I guess the little monster in my head is having a really shit time at the moment and I have got news for him...it's going to get worse for him yet.

Keep ploughing on friends and now let's all get the party season behind us together !

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go Noal - I want to be you, and maybe in 2012 I will be!!
                              Getting ready to drive to teh hotle for our Christmas party - have the subliminal CD in the car. Did a little grocery shop - and did not put the bottle in my bag that would have been normal for nightcaps after the party - did think about it though! Hope my reslove is strong enough to survive - I really want to do this, but I am scared!!
                              i am not very good in social situations (have heard this before on this thread) - so i would usually be getting a drink or two ready for that bit of dutch courage i need to step forward - going to do this party withoutthat prop - oh my.
                              I WILL BE AF TONIGHT!
                              there - said it, now have to do it!! Hopefully will post tomorrow that I am on 20days AF (all I want for Christmas......)
                              Bye - stay strong all - I would not be doing this without you all, that I know!
                              “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

:goodjob: Noal & Windy
                                You were born with wings, why prefer to crawl through life? Rumi

:lilangel:

Comment

Working...
                                X