Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

hey

Wally, great to see you....and hey, that is one cute poop machine ya got there...pretty inspiring ignaguration this morning....at least in my opinion.........
    Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings all across the nest!

Welcome stresshead and photogirl! Pull up a twig and get comfy.
      Hiyas Wally! Say... couldn't you knit some sorta diaper device for the pooch? Hey Renewal!

And with this, I am off. I feel so crappy and miserable and ashamed, etc etc etc... :upset:
      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

A doggie diaper....hey, ya might be onto something there......cat's too? Less material.......
        Okay Sunshine, I got a few words for ya......I know you are disappointed with yourself for yesterday.....first of all, I am very proud of you for your honesty and equally so for your many AF/SF days........this is a 'proccess' hun......if people succeeded all the time, forums like this would not exist. You have made a lot of progress and should feel proud. You have shown yourself you CAN in fact go AF, without the earth crumbling below. The fact you're quitting smoking and drinking at the same time is even more amazing. Keep your head up my dear, as you have been a wonderful inspiration to us here. You've learned a lot about yourself the past 10 days........hang in there kid....proud of ya.
        Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey guys - thanks for taking the time out of the most historic day in your country's history to acknowledge little old me here in old Blighty! It's really good knowing people are there. Thanks RENEWAL for your comments - not sure if I can manage 30 A/F days on the trot. I tend to view my weekends as party time - when I say that I mean that I look forward to having drinks on Friday night, Saturday night and Sunday afternoon. If I can do 4 A/F days a week that's really my goal and also on the weekends, just having 3 or so drinks instead of looking forward to a bottle! And to you SUNSHINE-gg, don't be down. You've done SO well in such a short time, I'm sure. Crickey, you're giving up 2 major addictive habits so never feel crappy, miserable and ashamed. Just take it 1 day at a time. Don't look to Friday or next week - just look to tomorrow and start that as another day. And - if you do have an odd blip, think of it as that, just a blip, nothing more and nothing less. Accept that you can make blips because your only human and nobody's perfect. Right it's 7.05 pm over here in the UK and so far I haven't had a glass of wine - my husband's away tonight and usually I use that as an excuse to have a few glasses so for me it will be a real feat if I can get through it. Wish me luck!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all.
            I've been lurking around this site and reading post for the last AF days. Hope no one minds if I land here in the nest for alittle while.

:new:
            AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Welcome lilmea....pull up a twig and stay a while...tell us a little about yourself....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Football Obsession: YES!!!!
                Time out : Never!!! Better break out the restraints, hon.lol
                "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Eaaaasy there Sea...eaaaasy....now if I'm not mistaken, you're a Patriots fan?.....who are you cheering for in the SB? Cardinals? Thattagirl...knew I could count on you......
                  Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

:goodjob:
                    Well, can't believe it. Was dreading in a way tonight to see whether I could get through the evening without hitting (& finishing!) the bottle as my hubbie away and I usually use that as an excuse to just drink as much as the bottle as I want, and usually finish it, but having found this www earlier today and just having a few interactions with people who have the same worries, it's actually given me strength not to. I opened the bottle of wine but not until about 8.30 ish (usually I'd have finished it by then!) and poured myself just a small glass - and that was it. Not even sure if I enjoyed it (mind you, it wasn't THE best wine in the world! - maybe that's the answer! Buy crap wine!) - but at least it's a start. Have been looking through the other forums and am interested in the naltrexone/campral that people seem to have tried - if anybody has any tips/comments/warnings - I'd be grateful to read them. In the meantime, patting myself on the back and over and out!
                    :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

GO CARDINALS!!!

Welcome Photogirl and :goodjob:
                      "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh, thanks for that SEACAILIN. That's really sweet of you. Sorry - can't join in the banter of the football - haven't got a clue about it over here in the UK let alone over there in the US of A!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome lilmea and photogirl (are you a model?),
                          Can I cry on someone's shoulder? Do birds cry? Do they have any emotions? If its a living thing, don't all living things have emotions? Ok, that's kinda dumb, but I really don't know the answer to those questions.

I'm struggling with my emotions the last two days. I feel down, am not sure even why. NOT PMS! Can rule that out. Do birds get PMS? Oh shit, sorry.

But I'm going to be off for 7 months starting next week, and I'm thrilled about it. I'm taking an educational sabbatical, so I won't go back to work until the end of August. I haven't had a break like this since I had my child rearing leave. Anyway, I got depressed over I don't know what and all I could think about was drinking - like how good it would be to just get some booze and drink. The only reason I can't/won't is because of my son. I can't or won't drink in front of him anymore. He gets upset when he sees me drinking. It's not even that I'd want one. I'd want to get sh*tfaced, and that's not good at all. Do birds get sh*tfaced? Gosh, I'm 18 days today, and I want to escape. Need your support. This is why I can't moderate. Moderators don't want to do this to themselves. I can't even get my butt down on my treadmill. I'm getting fatter by the freakin' second. There are overweight birds, I'm sure!
                          Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just went down to "Monthly Abstinence" and Doggygirl posted a thread called "What I hate, loathe, can't stand about drinking. It's a good thread to read - lots and lots of reasons. I'm printing all these great reasons up so I can sit and read them over and over until I fall asleep.

Oh, Renewal, are you recruiting Cardinals fans? I don't think that's fair! Anybody wanna come over to my twig for the superbowl? I've got plenty of terrible towels to keep you warm!
                            Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Hey J-Vo...well, I think you covered just about all the 'bird behaviors' possible.....as for you, stop for a second. Think about why you are doing all this AF stuff in the 1st place....now, ask yourself, is the 5 minutes of 'pleasure' you would get from drinking, worth the anguish you would feel afterwards? Really give it some thought. I also encourage you to drink lots of water, and stay busy....going for walks, gym, reading books, learning a new hobbie, etc are all good options. Keep busy...and focus on your priorities....the REASONS you cannot drink....and truly ask yourself, what am I going to gain by drinking that drink? You've been doing great....stay strong.
                              Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

J-vo, I read Doggy Girl's thread about 'what I hate, loathe, etc..'. often. It makes sense to hang on to your sobriety, for yourself, and for your son!

But, I don't understand how a bird could root for a non-bird team. It's not right! Go Cardinals!
                                Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Working...
                                X