• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I wondered where K9 was! That SUCKS!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Boy I must be really dumb, did not even think that about John. Maybe my brain cells are not working as I thought they were.

Stella- I sympathize with you. I did the same thing, except mine was induced by the meds I was taking, may yours was too. I was on anti-depressants, the Dr just change the meds and in a matter of less than a week I took all the pills, washed down with wine. The medics had to break down my door. I had enough sense, to call 911. I did not want to die. Do not beat yourself up too much.

Windy- so sorry about the step back, alot of us have done that. I myself did it after 3 months. Welcome back in the nest.

Dfrom-good for you, congrats on your Day 5

Lilly-thanks will look that up

Clockwatcher- welcome back, sorry to hear why, but glad to have you in the nest. You sound so determined, good for you.
      Goal
      I am starting over as of Sept 6
      SHIT this is so stupid (I hate AL)

AF since June 30, 2012
      be AF for 7 days yea done:yay::yay:
      be AF for 21 days July 21, 2012 boy I did it
      be AF for 30 Days July 30, 2012 I have done it:thanks: to all the nesters
      Now to be AF for 60 days Aug 29---blew it
      Work to be AF for 90 days Sept 28---blew it

I have been AF for 1 month Oct, 2011
      I have been AF before for 3 months Mar 16, 2011-July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning peeps!!!! I am trying to not count my days...but it's 13 today....oops...did I say that outloud! Ha!

Welcome back Windy...so sorry you had a moment of weakness after 6 months. Try not to be so hard on yourself...6 months is an awesome accomplishment!

Welcome back Stella! Stay strong...we can do this! I hope you start feeling better soon!

Hey DfromCt.....congrats on day 4...you are doing great!

Gdog....good going on day 3!

Lilly...what does it mean when you say that someone is "spam". I apologize if that is a stupid question but I haven't heard that since I have been on here.

LG.....God morning...I hope the day goes quickly. I am exhausted too. I actually think that I could've slept pretty good last night as I haven't since being AF but my daughter and her friend went out. I told her not to be home too late so I was up every hour on the hour and I could tell she wasn't home because the porch light and hallway light were still on. Finally at 5 she came home and I power slept for 2 1/2 hours. It so frustrating that when I am laying in bed at night and I have ALL night to sleep I can't...but when I have to get up for work I could sleep for hours! Oh well...this too shall pass!
        AB Club Member
        AB Start Date - 7/25/12

10 Months AF - 5/24/13 :yay:

:heart:I would rather be addicted to my horses than alcohol:heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning all!

I haven't posted for a while but I just wanted to pop in and say TODAY IS DAY 25! I have 5 more days to hit my 30 day mark and I am so proud of myself! The first few weeks are so hard and emotional but once you get through it, you will feel amazing. I am not saying they are easy, but at least feel better inside and out.

I wish luck to those of you struggling its tough, but so are you so don't give up!

Where's K9? she was such a big help to me!
          Honeysoup :heart:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone, I am back on Day 1 today, but that's OK. I'm gonna stop beating myself up and just try again. One of these days, I'm going to get it right. I am still in the process of putting that list together so I can look at it when the urges come.....this list consolidates all the stupid/bad/awful things I've experienced in my life because of alcohol.....here is an excerpt of that list.....

* Made a complete jackass out of myself at the UNC basketball game last year, got in argument with lady, and lost two friends...
            * Got two DUIs over the years
            * Spent thousands of dollars in bars
            * Gained 40 pounds because of empty calories and crappy food because of being drunk/hungover
            * Passed out in car in Chapel Hill after seeing band last year
            * Unproductive at work
            * Lost piece of luggage in Charlotte airport - drunk

You get the point.

Dest - we WILL have that coffee. Hopefully it will be 30 days from now.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lily-sorry to say there are no SMART groups in Ontario, according to what I read it is all American.

Rooni- smart move to stop beating yourself up, as you said you will get it right. I still wonder if I have it right. I have those little thoughts nagging at me. I also beat myself every morning after drinking alot, but that did not stop me from starting again/, had to have a bit of the hair of the dog that bit me.

Honeysoup-good work, 25 days under you belt.
              Goal
              I am starting over as of Sept 6
              SHIT this is so stupid (I hate AL)

AF since June 30, 2012
              be AF for 7 days yea done:yay::yay:
              be AF for 21 days July 21, 2012 boy I did it
              be AF for 30 Days July 30, 2012 I have done it:thanks: to all the nesters
              Now to be AF for 60 days Aug 29---blew it
              Work to be AF for 90 days Sept 28---blew it

I have been AF for 1 month Oct, 2011
              I have been AF before for 3 months Mar 16, 2011-July 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone...and Hi Honey!

I am still around, just super busy at work these days and not too much time to post. But I do read and keep up with all of you...so remember, I am watching you! LOL

Nothing much new to report, today is day 199 for me, I kind of lost count, but my phone is doing it for me. I tend to not think about the days too much anymore, I just don't drink...and the days keep passing. I know for some Newbies that seems hard to imagine, but believe me, it WILL happen if you just hang in there. It will become NATURAL not to drink...just don't give in before you get there, because it does and will happen.

Hope you're all well. I'll try to check in more!

K9
                :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9 did you get the job??

"I like people too much or not at all."
                  Sylvia Plath

Comment

Newbies Nest

LillyE;1348495 wrote: First, just wanted to post something that inspired me this morning...

?Real? recovery is not going to be a boring drag where you are constantly fantasizing about using your drug of choice. Real recovery is exciting because you will be making positive changes in your life and eventually the benefits of those changes will start to kick in. This is where recovery becomes exciting. Even if you start making positive changes very early in your recovery journey it may take a little while for those benefits to really kick in, so therefore you have to have faith that this new path in life will reward you at some point.
                    In long term sobriety, the challenges that you face and the prospect of future growth experiences is exciting. The process itself becomes joyful because you realize that it is all a learning process, that the world truly is your oyster because you can achieve anything you want. It is all a matter of setting a goal, taking consistent action, and achieving it. You learn this by getting clean and sober and you continue to learn it as you make positive changes. Thus, recovery is empowering. You realize that you have the power to make positive changes, if only you are willing to put in the required effort?.
                    Stick it out, push yourself to make positive changes, and recovery will become a joy to you.
                    Link to full article here:
                    When Does Recovery from Addiction Get Any Easier?
                    I've been thinking about this too. I think one of my main problems/obstacles here is focusing on what I will lose from quitting drinking (friends, social interactions, cold beers on hot days, wine with dinner, etc) and not enough about what I will gain. I really like the idea of looking at it like an exciting journey. The possibilities are endless! I know life won't all of a sudden become perfect without alcohol, but I will be faced with so many more opportunities than I am now. Right now, I am at the bottom of a well, looking up at the sunshine but never being able to fully feel it on my skin. I hear life happening outside of the well, and sometimes I get small glances, but I am never fully there because the beast keeps pulling me back into the well. He lets me poke my head out sometimes, but it seems like every time I get ready to jump out completely, he grabs tight and drags me back down to the bottom. My life is a constant struggle to climb the side of that well and get the hell out.

I want out of this hell hole.

I am stronger than the beast. I am stronger than the beast. I am climbing up that wall and getting the F outta here.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey folks. Day 2 here!! Walked out of asda with my messages and for the 2nd day in a row no vino in my basket. Thought i would feel quite stressed about wlaking past the wine aisle and to the checkout, but for today it wasnt too bad I know im going to prob get to tom and sat night and start to climb the walls a bit, but im sure hubby will kick me in the backside if i dont try do it myself and i will come back on here for some inspiration and a bit of encouregement from reading others posts!! Anyway felt like a wee bit of an achievement as for the past few weeks theres been vino every single night. And tonight im planning a pot of tea!! lol xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

Day 5 for me and actually going better this time around, not thinking of how I can get back to drinking responsibly as that doesn't work for me anymore, day 5 of not drinking today and never going to take that first beer again,,,

Comment

Newbies Nest

at least praying I don't take that first drink again...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Totally mate...ive tried that only having one or two, never happens for me either, its taken a long time but its either all or nothing. Its going to take some adjusting..but its gotta be done

Comment

Newbies Nest

litre 2 thaks for the support I am well n truly back on wagon and its gonna last I really dont fancy
                              accidentally killing myself cause im in a blackout!!!!

destiniey...thanks for the welcome I plan sticking round

Honeysoup...well done you!!! I am back after absence and have noticed no K9 I hope shes back soon

rooniferd...welcome back we are back together let do it this time OH ur list is very very similar to mine!!!

K9...oh just noticed you are here, good!!!!!
                              Stella

Back to the beginning day 02 Jan 2013

Grateful for MWO :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey stella just noticed your from the same neck of the woods as me! Hope your fine, im one of the new ones x

Comment

Working...
                                X