Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Daisy, I TOTALLY understand, lean on me....I will do whatever I can to help you. You have all my numbers....XO, B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome, Maddog. And good for you for being AF for 18 days! :thumbs:

I really hope you didn't have to do it on your own.
      Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tess...I am on the East coast, and the only way I can keep Kuya straight is to think that my today is her tomorrow only 6 hours earlier. It's about 9 pm here on Friday, so it's 3pm on Saturday for her. It's nuts! Where are you?

Siren, you are doing so well...you are over the worst part...so proud of you!

Maddog....Dang, welcome to you, and congratulations on your 18 days! That's big doings in our world. So glad you are here...settle on in, and tell us what's on your mind! B
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thank you Byrdie - you are a dote!!!!
          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1446510 wrote:

Siren, you are doing so well...you are over the worst part...so proud of you!
            I could not have done it without you all! It has brought me to tears over the last couple of days how much support a group of strangers (well you were then ) could show me. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

But I will need you this, my first AF weekend. So I will be sticking close. I have 2 things to do tomorrow that I would normally do with a drink in my hand. Take the Christmas tree apart and watching ice hockey on TV. I have plans, but I will be checking in often.
            Well it's all right now. I've learned my lesson well. You see you can't please everyone, so you've got to please yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Has anyone noticed that the nest has surpassed 30,000 posts today?? How crazy is that??
              Just goes to show this place has been BUSY

Hello & welcome maddog!
              Glad you found us, please settle in for as long as you like.

daisy, so sorry about your Dad! End of life issues can be rough on the entire family. Just remember that he needs you to be fully present now, OK? Will be thinking of you & your family.

Siren, attach yourself firmly to the nest for the entire weekend. I did that for a long time, really helped

How you doing Byrdie?
              Nanette, I still haven't stepped foot in a liquor store...it's been almost 4 years!

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!
              Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1446510 wrote: Tess...I am on the East coast, and the only way I can keep Kuya straight is to think that my today is her tomorrow only 6 hours earlier. It's about 9 pm here on Friday, so it's 3pm on Saturday for her. It's nuts! Where are you? B

I'm on the West coast. Northwest. Very cold and snowy this evening. It's 7:45 p.m. :earth:
                Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
                pointed the way
                with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1446545 wrote: Good evening Nesters!

Has anyone noticed that the nest has surpassed 30,000 posts today?? How crazy is that??

Hi Lav - The Nest has been busy!! :wave: We're all huddling together this evening to keep each other warm and safe. So happy that you are in The Nest with us!!

The man pulling radishes
                  pointed the way
                  with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande;1446545 wrote: Good evening Nesters!

Lav
                    30,000 people all passed through the nest since 2009 almost to the very day, today.

I feel so very Not alone tonight.

Thank you, Lav.
                    :l
                    On My Own Way Out Since May 20, 2012
                    *If you think poorly of yourself, you can fail with a clear conscience.
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f11/tool-box-27556.html tool box
                    https://www.mywayout.org/community/f19/newbies-nest-30074.html newbie nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters

Cold but clear & sunny this morning, yay!

What's everyone doing today to keep themselves busy, out of trouble & moving forward??
                      I'm vacuuming dog hair & dust bunnies then heading down to the feed store for a couple bales of hay for the muddy chicken yard. How exciting is my life? :H :H

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Saturday!
                      Lav
                      AF since 03/26/09
                      NF since 05/19/09
                      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone! Hi Lav! Everyone have a good night? I had trouble falling asleep but slept pretty good once asleep. Woke up with a pounding headache, though. What's that all about?!?

I just had a good breakfast and I'm going for a nice long swim in a bit. That usually puts me in a good frame of mind. Then I'm going to take all the lights and decorations off the tree. Normally I'd drink wine while I do that but I'm planning on putting on my iPOD and dancing like a fool while I do it instead. Can't very well drink wine while you're dancing wildly about, I guess.

Then the hockey game this afternoon. That would also typically be accompanied by drinks, too. I think I'll be logged on here during the game and fix myself a couple of pink grapefruit juice + diet tonic water drinks. Normally this would have vodka in them but I don't need it, plus we don't have any vodka.

I'm also going to try to take 2 of the 3 dogs for a walk. It's been a while since I had the energy for that.

What's everyone else up to today?

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Fellow Nesters......and welcome to maddog. Cold and overcast here today. That's okay, the house is quiet now that daughter, son-in-law and baby have gone for the weekend. Enjoying the peace.
                          Had a nice night out at the theatre last night at a concert. Arrived and immediately noticed how many people were standing around with a glass of wine in hand. They had some fruit punch for free available, so I grabbed one of those to have in hand. I really enjoyed the concert sober, instead of watching the clock and wondering when I could get another drink!
                          Came home and instead of sitting and having more drinks before bed, I just went to bed. Such a change for the better. Problem was still with sleeping though. Tossed and turned for 4 hours! But still feel good this morning......and I know I wouldn't have if I was still drinking.
                          Feels SO good to be AF!
                          I know I say this a lot lately......I don't know why I'm so amazed! I will be able to do things today without just dragging myself through the day and pretending I'm okay, waiting until I can start drinking again. I don't understand why I couldn't do this before.

Off to the hospital with Mother-in-law shortly to see how her husband is doing. Have been making daily trips there for the last 10 days. Hope to get some "me time" today as well.

Have a safe AF Saturday (or Sunday Kuya) everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Fellow Fledglings and All in The Nest,

Lav, Byrdie, and Kuya (happy Sunday morning, kuya) - It would be much more difficult , if not impossible, to stay sober without your wise counsel and humor. Thank you!

daisy - You are in my thoughts this morning. Such a rough time for you!

maddog - Welcome! This is AF Day 19 for both of us! Nice work!!

Siren - Going strong! I can picture you dancing 'round the Christmas tree today. :dancin:

New Day - Good job staying AF at the concert last night! It's not easy to be around others who are drinking and SEEMING to have more fun.

What am I going to do today? Well, there's homework. Always lots of homework! But I complete my bachelor's in Healthcare Administration in March. Then graduate in June. So happy!!

I will take breaks from homework to do laundry and housework.

The dogs will get a good brushing. Labs shed a lot and all of the time. So yes, vacuuming too.

Wow! The excitement in my home today just does not stop!!... :yeahright:

But I can tell you what IS exciting: to be up-and-at-'em without a headache or nausea or deep regret about what I did yesterday!! I am healthy and happy and FREE to live this day with joy -- even if it is a somewhat boring day. I would not trade that for anything!!

I'm going to cook a real breakfast this morning. Wow! It will be so much better than my previous liquid diet of beer... :chef:

Have a lovely AF Saturday. If you struggle or feel weak, just jump right into The Nest. We are here for each other. :band2:

The man pulling radishes
                            pointed the way
                            with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morn'n Nesters!
                              New Day, it is amazing that the thing you feared the most (being without AL) is making you feel the BEST! I can tell you from bitter experience if you want to test that theory, just drink again! You go right back to depths of hell! (wrote the book on that one). I am so happy for you and your new sober self!! You will have some moods swings in the coming days until you hit Day 30, but the lowest sober mood you have beat the highest drunk mood you ever had...if that makes sense. In other words, if you are like me, drinking was NOT fun anymore it was a sick addiction...I was never happy with the drink in hand for worrying about where the next one was coming from. Sorry to jump off on a tanget, I just meant to tell you how well you are doing!

Siren, you are kicking butt and taking names! You realize that when you hit 7 AF days, our own Star gives you an award! She's gonna MOON you!!

I found it helpful to schedule things for myself to do....set myself to tasks...that helped me get thru the weekends so I didn't have time to sit around and thing about what I WASNT doing. I like to bake, so I would (and still do) bake things and take them to folks who aren't expecting a treat. Question.....which did you find more difficult, Day 1 or Day 2?? I think you are on Day 3 now, right?

Thinking of you all and I hope you have a very happy AF day!! Byrdie
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all

I've not had much time to check in recently as been so busy, but I hope everyone is doing ok.

I'm still enjoying my new found sobriety and I've never so busy socially because I aint hiding away drinking and am able to meet people and do things now rather than making lame excuses to spend time with a bottle. It's really true that life actually STARTS when you quit, yet I worried about it STOPPING.

x

Comment

Working...
                                X