Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good Morning Nesters.....I haven't been in the nest for awhile but I was doing some catching up last night.

90 Days is awesome G and Sam! I am hoping to get there this time myself!

I am heading to the gym for my class this morning and then we get to clean the carpets today....I know...doesn't sound too exciting but they need it!

Hope everyone has a great AF Saturday!
    Miley

"The moment you are ready to quit is usually the moment right before a miracle happens..don't give up"
    [COLOR=Magenta]Joyfully AF Since 1/22/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters!

Hayfever season is in full mode around here Wine-no!
      Not much you can do about it when you live in cow country :H

CONGRATS to our 90 AF day friends Sam & G!

Greetings BH & everyone!
      Wishing everyone a great AF Saturday!

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lavande
        I also live in the Country near lots of cows!!
        I only used to get hayfever from tree pollen but this year, it has been pretty continuous and even caused asthma :-(. I need to go and get a puffer thingy.
        Have a good day x
        AF since Halloween 2016

Trying to kill my Wine Witch! :smileyb:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, Nesters!
          Lav and Wine....Cow country, huh? Ahhhh, that sweet dairy-air!!!!! :H

Sam and Guitar, on behalf of all nesters, past and present, please accept these small tokens of a huge job!

G :toilet: S:toilet:

Here's to flushing bad habits down the toilet forever! Gone for good are the remnants of the shit that AL leaves behind! Great job on cleaning up your acts and getting back to normal! AL constipates life. Here's to getting things moving in the right direction! The worst is now behind you...

I've still got a house guest. Mind you, I'm all for a family visit, but this one caught us with our pants down. I hadn't been to the grocery....work has been awful. I'm telling you, my family is nuts! I think I'll go over to the $%^@#$% $ Thread let off some steam. Please call people before you plan to visit for 4 days. He carries a phone in his pocket 24/7!!!

This reminds me, I need toilet tissue.....
          Have a wonderful Sattidy eva'body!! Try not to kill/mame any family members if you can help it. Remember, if you think yours are nuts, you can have MINE!!!!! :bonkers:
          Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just returned from my Archery class. Very thrilled. Met interesting new people, had a blast and feel great. What a lovely way to spend your Saturday morning
            AF since 1st Sep 2012
            NF since 1st Sep 2012

If you want to feel better visit www.hopeforpaws.org

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning All - I don't have much time to write just now. I hope everyone is having a happy and sober weekend. I keep all of you in my thoughts. Stay safe!!
              Tess in The Nest ~ Sober since January 1, 2013

The man pulling radishes
              pointed the way
              with a radish. ISSA

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning nesters~

A big congrats to Sam and Guitar, what an awesome accomplishment. Keep up the fantastic work. I will be there one day soon. =)

I'm now in double digits, day 10 for me. Woot woot!! I am also, as Birdie says, in uncharted water.
                It feels great, and I plan to stay the course. What a feeling to wake up early on Saturday morning, get a few things done around the house and then hit the mountain biking trails. Normally I'd be in bed, and nursing a hungover.( Nausea, headache, foggy thoughts, dry mouth, rapid heart rate and sweaty.) Not to mention the guilt, shame and pretending to be fine. Wow, I don't miss that awful feeling. It gets worse every year. For me at 40 years old it was getting pretty bad.

I hope everyone has a wonderful, AF Saturday.
                Keep a smile, Cyn
                :h Cynthia Lynne (Cyn) :h
                __________________________________________________ ____
                ?One of the most important keys to Success is having the discipline to do what you know you should do, even when you dont feel like doing it.?

AF- 8/1/13
                7 Days- Done 8/7/13 :thumbs:
                14 Days- Done 8/14/13 :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning nesties...........

just came back from a great 4 day camp out with friends........had some good laughs and made some great memories.....yes i can actually recall the weekend........(all of it) ...stayed positive and focused....now back to the grind of work and renovations.............

15 days .......check
                  happy..........check
                  motivated.....check
                  You've been CRITICISING yourself for years and it hasn't worked. Try APPROVING of yourself and see what happens......

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good afternoon all

Byrdie, your posts crack me up, well done on all those toilet jokes :H

Good job on the archery Allan, did you hit a bullseye?

I thought I had a touch of hayfever this morning, I took some antihistamine and thought nothing of it. Cleaned out the fridge and freezer, cleaned some windows, worked out. I went for lunch and boom! Sneezing like mad, nose running and feeling achy and shivery.

Poor little BH has a full blown head cold! :upset: :upset:

The only thing for it is a hot bath, jammies on, plenty of tea, and snuggling up with my new best friend the iPad.

I am still blown away by all the success stories here, Sam, G, your 90 days posts on the roll call thread totally inspired me this morning.

Lav, Byrdy, tess, it goes without saying that you inspire us daily here in the nest, not to mention the chuckles

Cyn, no wine, miley, nice to see you all succeeding so well. I'm away to blow my nose for the hundredth time today, but I'll be around. :h
                    Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Halo, Bulseye is nearly impossible to hit at 10 a distance of 10 metres...The arrow flies in a concave sort of manner. However, ever it was great fun. Will definitely do it again as you need to focus and control your breathing to get a good shot.

Hot bath and IPAD time sounds like my idea of heaven, except for the hayfever...

BTW you live in England right?

AK
                      AF since 1st Sep 2012
                      NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hark at you AK, the archery expert already! I can imagine it would take a lot of upper body strength, something I have started to work on in the gym.

I don't live in England, I'm in Scotland, so you were close!
                        Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

Halo, nice use of English language, I had to look up what "Hark" meant

I thought it meant spit at first...
                          AF since 1st Sep 2012
                          NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Allan, IMPRESSIVE! When I was a wee lass, (back in college) I took archery and was pretty good at it. I was supposed to go to the State Championship but I had a chemistry test and the professor wouldn't let me reschedule it. Alas...that was the end of my career. It was fun...we used a simple recurve bow. I am so happy that you are trying all these new things! It is amazing what I'm not afraid to try now compared to the old days!!
                            :target:
                            Stay on target! :H:H:H (groan)
                            Hey Columbia! You are kicking butt! BH, always a pleasure.
                            Lav, is it still raining? You poor thing!!
                            Tess, thinking of you....hugs to you AND your mom!!!
                            XXOO, Byrdie
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdie, I had to look up what recurve bow was but that is exactly what we used. It was very easy to draw, the instructor said it was only 18 lb but enough to hunt game (not so sure). Would like to try a compound bow as well but need to find a sport club that uses compound bow.

Brydie, how do you spend your spare time? Do you play sports?

AK
                              AF since 1st Sep 2012
                              NF since 1st Sep 2012

Comment

Newbies Nest

Allan, I am the least athletic person I know. Oh, I tried, but just not coordinated enough. I make beaded jewelry and I love to cook and garden. Those things keep me occupied and out of trouble! I was actually surprised that I was good at archery...I have a good aim and judgment of distance. I'm also good at fitting leftovers into the perfect fitting container. (not much call for that in the marketplace, but a skill nonetheless). Like you, I don't see that you could take down an animal with that type of bow (and I couldn't do that anyway)...and I sure don't think I could hit anything that was moving. I'm so glad you are finding joy in it!! Byrdie
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X