No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Feeling tired, stressed and hungry. Cravings are intense. I really feel like I've gone back to the beginning. At 60 days I had very little in the craving department. And I only had 2.5 drinks, so let this be a lesson to others with a few days racked up... It evidently doesn't take much to reset the brain to start screaming for a fix. I'm going to eat (a lot), take the night off, and go to bed early. Yep, that sounds good. I'm going to try to be lazy.
    Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

All good here! Can't get on the internet. Just wanted to check in and wish all a good night. You CAN survive a company meeting sober! Xxoo B.
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hope everyone is doing well tonite. Hang in here kensho i no the feeling. It blows . Nite nite to all. A little tired after that bike ride got early morning, see all tomorrow. God bless

Comment

I personally am glad I don't have to do this alone.
          No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Originally posted by little beagle View Post
            I personally am glad I don't have to do this alone.
            It has been great to do it together, LB :hug:. (And thank goodness we found this site - I wasn't able to do it on my own, despite intense efforts!).

Comment

hiya all...just to let you know that Byrdie cant get on to the internet at the mo....she is still watching you all!!:hug::yay:

original message below......hang in there folks..you can do it!!

Would you be kind enough to post in the nest and let everyone know I'm ok? I can't get on the internet. Thank you!
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hiya Nesters near and not so far,

Thanks Mick. Message received. Your garden looks great mate!

Just chillin here and having a cruisey thursday evening. Designed a poster for an upcoming gig which was kinda fun. Not toooo hard in the end.

Hope everyone is safe and sound. Either way, here's some extra strength butt velcro i found in the shed.

Take it easy out there. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

I am happy to see you hanging in there Mr. B. Good going.
                  No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Good morning Nesters,

Still no sunshine in my portion of the nest - this is getting old. At least it's not raining at the moment!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF Thursday. Make it a good one

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Morning all. Sorry no sun LAV. We have it here - will send some over. Got some serious rest last night... feeling good. LOTS to do today, but I'm going to try to fit in some exercise and something for myself. Been working TOO hard! Hugs to all.
                      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Originally posted by KENSHO View Post
                        Feeling tired, stressed and hungry. Cravings are intense. I really feel like I've gone back to the beginning. At 60 days I had very little in the craving department. And I only had 2.5 drinks, so let this be a lesson to others with a few days racked up... It evidently doesn't take much to reset the brain to start screaming for a fix. I'm going to eat (a lot), take the night off, and go to bed early. Yep, that sounds good. I'm going to try to be lazy.
                        Thanks Kensho I need to hear this. Every once in awhile I start to think I can have just one here and there and not get into this constant battle again. Rational mind knows better. Evil and very sneaky AL brain tries to tell me otherwise.

Comment

Good Morning.

I have tried so many times over rhe past 14 years to have one or two. The last time I had 'one' glass of wine I ended up in my MIL's kitchen drinking extra glasses of wine. I woke up hopefully with my last hangover ever

Still have a day off, power went on this morning but buildings have to be checked Etc.
                          Have a great sober day!
                          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
                          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hi friends, I liked all the recent posts about not being able to do it alone. That is a powerful reminder that I need reinforced often! I am a very independent person (my wife calls it something else!) But this is serious business, AF life. Not at all joyless, but serious, the stakes are high. It has always been hard for me to know and admit when I can't do something on my own, very hard. I'm a grown up though, and because I truly want an AF life from now on, I have to make that happen even though it involves outside help. The common thread through my drinking days was dishonesty with others but especially myself. This lasted for years and I consider myself a fairly rational person!

When I came here, I soon realized that there were two elements that I had never had before in all my half-assed attempts to quit. They are TOOLS and SUPPORT. Support is obvious for the reasons it works. Tools are something that are made by others for us to use. They have been designed to work, not to fail. Would I trust myself to build sobriety tools while I was drinking? What kind of sense does that make?! Still, I tried it that way for years. Only now can I see what kind of nonsense that is. I guess the point of all this rambling is that we do really need each other to make this work.
                            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                            AF 11/12/11

Comment

You, know, PineCone, my only real tools were will power and tenacity. They worked well enough for a day or a week and even a few times, for a few weeks, but they were never enough. Given that our addicted brains have convinced themselves that they want and need alcohol to survive, I guess it isn't all that surprising. The same part of the brain that keeps us (and the species) alive by driving us to eat and have sex gets caught up in the rewards of consuming alcohol and pretty quickly can become convinced that we actually will die without it. And, sadly, that's how bad it can feel.

Peer support was so critical - people telling me that how I was feeling was normal (under the circumstances) and that I wouldn't truly die without a drink. Having something to actively do -- like come here and type on and on about how miserable I was -- got me through plenty of witching hours. Reading and typing and reading and typing slowly changed my perceptions about alcohol and my relationship with it. As I look back now, it kind of seems like a miracle and it is hard to say exactly how it works. But, we have enough examples here to know that it can.

Comment

NS you have spoken the truth. I could not make it without all of you. So glad we have this place even with all the new stuff to learn I am happy to be here.
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X