Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

good deal Fin, if it gets shaky we're here for you.
    Sam
    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow, you guys are amazing. It's so great to know you're right here. Thank You!

I just did a little experiment to help me with my messed up perceptions of AL. I poured out 84 oz of water in 7 pint glasses and lined them up on my kitchen counter to visualize what one sip would lead to tonight. Some weekends I could get 8 to 10 pints down over 5 hours or so! Anyway, the glasses span half way across our kitchen counter. I took a picture of it. It certainly isn't a normal looking sight -- especially if I multiply that by the 10 days I haven't consumed that kind of daily intake. It's insane. I have become an alcoholic.
      Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
      Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fin

I presume you have heard/read this here before, but have you tried L-Glut? I carry around 1,000 mg capsules and when some level of craving comes on, I take as many as needed- usually 3 or 4, open the capsules, sprinkle under my tounge and within maybe 4-5 minutes, craving gone. It can be a bit messy with the powder; someone mentioned that there is a chewable L-Glut, which I might try, but this under the tonge routine works.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well you are certainly not alone, Fin. We are all alkies or we wouldn't be here!
          That is quite a visual you made with the water. If you drink all that, you'll be up all night with bladder-bust! Somehow I could drink the quantities of AL, but if its water, I pee all night! Hang in there!!!
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

okoren1;1705120 wrote: Fin

I presume you have heard/read this here before, but have you tried L-Glut? I carry around 1,000 mg capsules and when some level of craving comes on, I take as many as needed- usually 3 or 4, open the capsules, sprinkle under my tounge and within maybe 4-5 minutes, craving gone. It can be a bit messy with the powder; someone mentioned that there is a chewable L-Glut, which I might try, but this under the tonge routine works.
            Hey Okoren, yes, I have some L-Glut at my office. I've been taking it, but only 2-3 caps a day. I'll have to try your more direct absorption technique next time I'm craving hard. Thanks for the tip.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I cant get my head around me having not consumed 560+ bottles of wine in 9 months. Thats a bottleshop. To me that is a ridiculous amount of al for anyone one person to consume and i know if i drank i would be back to those bottles in no time and slowly killing myself in the process. That one drink is not worth what i would lose today.
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hang in there Fin. I am on vacation & heading to Bermuda with hubby after visiting a few days with the grand kids. Thought about how great a cold one would feel with our steamed shrimp, but made the CHOICE not to. It helps that my hubby & children know that AL is poison to me & to all of us amazing alkies!! Stay strong everyone!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening nesters,

Fin, hang in there. If I can do it so can you
                  You have a lot of life ahead of you to enjoy with your kids!

I just read RJ's new update - she says we will be moved to the new forum on Monday & the site will be down 4-6 hrs. Everyone needs to prepare for the downtime, don't panic!!!!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks again, all. Holding, but man! Now our heat's out. Got a fire going that's helping. "Roughing" it is also a trigger. Grrrrr. I'll make it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

available;1705123 wrote: I cant get my head around me having not consumed 560+ bottles of wine in 9 months. Thats a bottleshop. To me that is a ridiculous amount of al for anyone one person to consume and i know if i drank i would be back to those bottles in no time and slowly killing myself in the process. That one drink is not worth what i would lose today.
                      Geez AVA, this is a good post. It is beneficial if we remember on some basis our "old life", either as you described, in the amount of bottles consumed, or maybe in the amounts of money spent, or number of relationships we messed up (this is my biggy). Really helpful to have these reminders. Thanks!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm struggling tonight! I was home all day with my little one - who is NOT like my other one in that she won't just sit and watch a movie. She wanted me next to her the entire day, some of which she spent shivering and crying with a 103.9 degree temp. Two baths, lots of talking, lots of snuggling and I'm feeling tapped - after also doing everything last night for everyone and waking up at night. I'm treading water at work and keep getting calls for new projects - can't keep up. Hard when I have to be home with sick kiddo - I have been surrounded by people "needing" from me for a full 24 hours and I need a break! Alcohol sounds like such a good "away". But NO.

FIN - NO.
                        Me - NO.

NO.
                        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yes Oko we have destroyed a lot of things drinking but the good news is we are getting them back slowly but surely. I now have money to pay bills, no phone calls that i dont answer anymore, no utilities getting disconnected as i was using that money to drink. I am lucky i have a forgiving family that i didnt push away completely but personal relationships, well i was too busy drinking to worry about one of those and now i am healing within still but maybe one day. It all takes time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

NO, HELL, NO! AL will not take another day of your precious lives!

Try and prioritize, Kensho, and the other stuff can wait til tomorrow! Just do the best you can!
                            AL is not an option! It will not solve a dam thing, only make everything 1000 times worse.
                            Hang in there, great job on coming here and venting! EAT something!!! Those cravings will pass! I promise! B

Edit to add, Ava, between the two of us we could have have a chain of bottleshops, i was one liter a day during the week and about one and a half on weekends. My poor brain and liver. UGG.
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go Kensho! Just remember how tomorrow morning will feel after a good night's sleep, no hangover or feeling guilty for letting the al defeat you! :l
                              Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                              Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                              Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kensho as we know al wont solve any of your problems, well only for a moment or two. Have a shower so that you can have some you time even for 5 minutes and regroup. Tomorrow will be another day with probably the same stressors but there is no point drinking AT stress. Just dont drink today.

Comment

Working...
                                X