Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cowboy, AVA , Pav always good to be blessed by your presence. :heartwings:

Sho&Suek you guys are right in track. Keep on keeping on and mimicking what the successful ones before us have done to live a sober life.
    Well done ladies
    AF 08~05~2014

There is a 100% chance I can't do this by myself! ~ Me

Comment

I've had a couple of drinking thoughts today, I've been filling myself with food and water and refusing to get out of my PJ's so I wont do something stupid. But, they are just thoughts I keep reminding myself. A few more hours and my husband will be home, and that always helps. He calms my soul, and just makes everything better.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoshannaDreyfus View Post
        I've had a couple of drinking thoughts today, I've been filling myself with food and water and refusing to get out of my PJ's so I wont do something stupid. But, they are just thoughts I keep reminding myself. A few more hours and my husband will be home, and that always helps. He calms my soul, and just makes everything better.
        Sho, you're rockin' it. Day 2 has historically been the most difficult for me, too. Sounds like you've made some good choices today so be sure to reward yourself somehow. Extra long bath? For making it through my hell last night I just took myself out to breakfast and wow, did it taste supremely good without a hangover! ANyway, I'm all about positive reinforcement. Be good to yourself. It also warmed my heart to hear what you said about your husband. He must be a good man. There aren't too many of us left :-)
        Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
        Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Originally posted by Fin View Post
          Sho, you're rockin' it. Day 2 has historically been the most difficult for me, too. Sounds like you've made some good choices today so be sure to reward yourself somehow. Extra long bath? For making it through my hell last night I just took myself out to breakfast and wow, did it taste supremely good without a hangover! ANyway, I'm all about positive reinforcement. Be good to yourself. It also warmed my heart to hear what you said about your husband. He must be a good man. There aren't too many of us left :-)
          Thanks Fin! My reward will be to watch Live.Die.Repeat tonight snuggled up with my husband and wake up in the morning not feeling like crap. I find days 3-7 to be the hardest for me. If I can make it to day 8 I'll be on the upswing. The I seem to hit another road block close to a month. And thank you, I absolutely adore my husband. He is a wonderful Dad and husband, I feel very blessed to have him.

Comment

[
            Sho&Suek you guys are right in track. Keep on keeping on and mimicking what the successful ones before us have done to live a sober life.
            Well done ladies[/QUOTE]

Absolutely! I have no trouble copying success!!!:thanks:

Comment

Sho, Days 3-7 were the hardest for me, too. You know how I always say, 'It only takes a couple AF days to make you feel right as rain"....well that is the good news. The bad news is that since we feel so much better, we think we've got this thing BEAT! OH the MIND GAMES! That's when Mr Guitarista's Famous Butt Velcro comes into play! Post every hour if you need to! We will help you get those crazy stinkin drinkin thoughts out. We will perform an Exorcism on the dam things! :haha: When you hit Day 7, Eloise will come along and award you a shiny new MOON! (honorary) It feels REALLY good to get a prize for hard work!
              Which reminds me that OkOren has 4 months today!!! WOOOHOOOO!
              :flip:
              That is flipping amazing!!!! GREAT JOB!
              How's it going for you at this point?

Speaking of saving money, unlike many here, I was a cheap drunk! In keeping with Pav's Lowering standards, I figure my consumption was costing about $10 a day (I drank the box stuff). So I reckon I've saved over $14,000! (1417 days today).

I was in the rest room of the Hobby Lobby and for a brief second, I remembered that 4 years ago, I would have taken that opportunity to take a couple big slugs from the booze I had hidden in a hairspray bottle in my purse. On weekends I started drinking at 10:30 in the morning, by this time, I'd have probably been passed out on the couch by now. Instead, I have made several batches of apple cider donuts and tiny strawberry bundt cakes for the Christmas meals I will be attending. Life is good. We all started with Day 1.

Hang in there everyone. I promise there will come a day when you come to the end of the day and think...WOW, I haven't thought about AL all day! It is such a blessing! Byrdie
              Last edited by Byrdlady; December 6, 2014, 06:15 PM. Reason: Had the wrong prize for 7 days!
              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
              Tool Box
              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
                Sho, Days 3-7 were the hardest for me, too. You know how I always say, 'It only takes a couple AF days to make you feel right as rain"....well that is the good news. The bad news is that since we feel so much better, we think we've got this thing BEAT! OH the MIND GAMES! That's when Mr Guitarista's Famous Butt Velcro comes into play! Post every hour if you need to! We will help you get those crazy stinkin drinkin thoughts out. We will perform an Exorcism on the dam things! :haha: When you hit Day 7, Eloise will come along and award you a shiny new hat! (honorary) It feels REALLY good to get a prize for hard work!
                You are right there, as soon as you start feeling good the thoughts come back. Thank you for coming and posting, I appreciate it. I'm tired of going down the same road and saying the same apologizes and nothing changing. After a while my apologizes won't mean a thing, even though I am trying everyday. If nothing changes... I don't want to lose the respect of my family. Others I can honestly live with, but not my husband and my kids.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoshannaDreyfus View Post
                  I don't want to lose the respect of my family. Others I can honestly live with, but not my husband and my kids.
                  Or from yourself.

When you can trust yourself to do the right thing and be readily available to the ones you love, their respect and trust will multiply yours. Just like drinking is a downward spiral, the world opens up in ever widening circles the longer you go without drinking.

Make a plan for handling the "just one" thoughts you are anticipating. Have it set in stone so there is no room for debate - no decisions to be made. Part of mine was to post here and wait for a reply before drinking. Just the time it took to turn on a device and start typing was enough to break the urge and I can assure you, none of the responders encouraged me to go ahead and give drinking a try!

Enjoy the rest of your weekend - NS

Comment

Beachy - it's so nice to see you back. Glad you have a plan, and intend to stay close. You are definitely on the right track. Hang in there.

Sho, I've found that people are quite forgiving. At times, it's harder to forgive ourselves. I had zero self-respect when I was at my worst. Therefore, my loved ones didn't respect me either, even though they loved me. Once AL was removed from the equation, I started to respect myself again, and others followed along naturally. As I said in an earlier post, I am proud of you for being so aware of the potential ramifications if you continue down this path. No sense hitting bottom if it's not necessary, right. All you have to do is get through these early days and let your body and mind detox. Things will get better. Until then, stick very close and post often. You can do this.

It's been a rather unpleasant week, so today was a nice respite. I went grocery shopping, but no box stores today. (Byrdie - Wally World!!! On a Saturday!! Yikes - that took guts.) I decided to support my local businesses. It was such a nice change of pace. I visited the local meat market, and then bought all my veggies from a shop in town that still has organic root crops available from their gardens. When I got home, I figured out what I spent in total, and to my surprise, it wasn't a large difference from my normal shopping trips. Of course, I only have to buy food for myself these days. This would have been a luxury when my sons were still living with me. Those two never stopped eating during their teen years.

But I wanted to mention this because I read the discussion about saving money. This is one area I have noticed a huge difference! Between giving up AL and cigs, I save a fortune. So now I can make buying local, organic food a priority. Nice how that worked out

I'm sure I have missed some posts today, since I haven't read all the way back, so wishing everyone a peaceful, sober day.
                    Last edited by MossRose; December 6, 2014, 07:09 PM.
                    Everything is going to be amazing

Comment

x-post NS. Glad to see you, my friend.

Comment

Hey all. Glad to get a day's rest today. This week has been exhausting. The late nights and early mornings......this week I will tweak a few things, adding exercise and getting up earlier so that I don't sit up so late.
                        All good here.....this is the best I have felt all week. Cooked a massive pot of curry and lasagne to put in the freezer. Then made a lovely steak dinner for myself.
                        The girls went out to luch with friends as my daughter turned 20 today. Only one teenager left! I don't feel that old ( except when I drank)...... note the past tense!
                        Sho and Fin, let's get this thing done! Teamwork!
                        Thinking of going Christmas shopping tomorrow.....my girls are panicking in case they get nothing!
                        IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                        Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

I am on the verge of losing everything. very scared and need help.

Comment

Hi Actiongirl,

I saw your post and wanted to send you some support. Quitting alcohol comes with some fear at the beginning, but it isn't justified. Once you get over the initial hurdle, the rest of your real life begins.

This is a safe place to talk. Why don't you tell us what's going on?

You can do this and we can help.
                            "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
                            AF 11/12/11

Comment

Actiongirl - what's going on?

Comment

Originally posted by MossRose View Post
                                Actiongirl - what's going on?
                                I hit a new low last night. Husband very upset. No infidelity, just stupidity. 13 year old son found me on the floor. I scared him, probably scarred him for life. Unbelievable.

Comment

Working...
                                X