Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Gambler 6, this is Gambler 7, do you copy?

Former Boss Target wasn't as bad as we thought, was able to disarm with extreme prejudice! No collateral damage. Glad you CHOSE to not partake in Pity Party Celebrations, you stood up to him and moved past it. Prize Patrol in hot pursuit to award you your moon....Byrdie's icon malfunctions must be considered, however.

Stay on course, all clear. Over and outter. XO, B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Icanwithoutacan;1557135 wrote: Gambler I'm sorry you are struggling but the beginning of your post cracked me up....
      I had to try to make light of the situation because nothing else seemed to be working..

Byrdlady;1557141 wrote:
      Gambler 6, this is Gambler 7, do you copy?

Former Boss Target wasn't as bad as we thought, was able to disarm with extreme prejudice! No collateral damage. Glad you CHOSE to not partake in Pity Party Celebrations, you stood up to him and moved past it. Prize Patrol in hot pursuit to award you your moon....Byrdie's icon malfunctions must be considered, however.

Stay on course, all clear. Over and outter. XO, B
      Thanks hun that really put a smile on my face :l things are getting a wee bit better. Im beginning to wonder if Its just me making a mountain over a mole hill. Heck he could just as well be Sympathetic to my situation (he does know about the break up) and welcome me back. ( He is actually a client and not a boss .. just happens to be my only client at the time lol ).

Thanks for the smile Byrdlady

G-Dave
      Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran
      AF: 9-10-2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Gambler, I have a customer who is an asshole. Plain and simple....I have deduced this: An Asshole is an Asshole is an Asshole and no amount of trying will change that. The only thing that worked one day was when I had the entire nest send him bad juju!! But even that only worked for a day. He continues to be an asshole to this day. If I drank, guess what....he'd still be an asshole. I spent WAY too many years eating AT people and drinking AT people and all I became was a fat drunk!!!
        There are some things beyond your control, but drinking is not one of them. No one forces you to bring that glass up to our mouths (or can...or hairspray bottle, as the case may be!!) Just ride over it....whatever it is, and don't let anything get you off goal!
        Byrdie
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all! It's rainy and dreary here in western Washington too. Must be a theme. But it's a good day to be alive and NOT hungover! Although, I'm going back to my low carb/no sugar lifestyle now. I lived it up for a couple days and I'm telling you the heavy carbs and sugar can make you feel like you're hungover, just not as bad.

Anyway - Gambler...I agree with Byrdie. Some people just have splendid personalities no mater what we do. And then some may surprise us with their hidden kindness. Either scenario is just life. Easier said than done, but don't let them have much real state. Just enough to keep your job!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters, Dave hang in there buddy. As Byrdy says an asshole is an asshole. Be the better man

Moss Rose, it just goes to show you how the alkie brain works. To hell with AL I say. I won't forget my stupid behaviour in the past but I am not going to dwell on it. Instead I am going to be the best sober person I can be. Your son had no right to make you feel the way he did, no matter what. :l

I've just come from a session with a personal trainer, boy that's going to hurt tomorrow! He took me out of my comfort zone alright but it was a great workout. It was a little bizarre being told 'well done' and 'good girl!'...this from a guy who was 20 if he was a day. I couldn't help laughing and pointing out that I was probably older than his mother :H
            Whatever you can do or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it! ~ Goethe

Comment

Newbies Nest

available;1556467 wrote: In my drunken days like you also any man was Brad Pitt and waking up in the morning trying to chew my arm off was sometimes not fun.
              :H OMG....this reminds me of what I used to say "I went to bed with Brad Pitt and woke up with Danny Devito" :H

Ok back to catching up on the threads, I have about 10 pages to go but this jumped out at me. LOL
              :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

unvolentary flood of information
                Progress lies not in enhancing what is, but in advancing toward what will be. - Khalil Gabran

Comment

Newbies Nest

OK .. much better now..sorry.

Just talked to a real sweet lady..feel better.

Didnt mean to worry you .. Im going to try and eat and possibley take a nap

Comment

Newbies Nest

WOW a flood of URGES

I being attacked here, it is Monday 330 pm and it is almost quitting time. Need to know these urges are just thoughts and thois day 7 will be over soon.

I am stopping and taking a deep breath and aware that this is my alcohol mind simply wanting what I gave it for so maany years, can' blame him.

But this sure feels strong and the urge is loud.

thanks for being here MWO.

I am an addict and I know taking just one drink means choosing death, no future and chaos in my mind. I will remember this is only temporary.
                    What you resist persits

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all, raining on and off in Aus land too and was nice to fall asleep to. Finally had a good 8 hours sleep but of course woke up feeling crap, i am looking forward to waking up "fresh as a daisy" but that will come in time.

Yes K9 it was a horrible feeling waking with Danny lol, amazing what AL does really. Its great being sober and actually seeing and listening to the person. Now just to meet a nice one, though no hurry.

Dottie glad you are doing so well with no AL, keep it up and hoping the find what is wrong with you. Maybe it was a one off thing.

Well time to get ready for work, have a great day/night and hope AF.
                      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Great to see everyone coming here when the urges hit. Sometimes just talking it out helps....getting it out of our heads is cathartic!!
                        Dryer....this post from Sober Visitor has always resonated with me, maybe it'll help you, too. Hang in there, buddy....I promise it'll get easier....those voices will become less and less and have little impact over time. Do NOT give in.

Here's that post:
                        Originally Posted by Sober Visitor

JUNKIE THINKING: One drink won't hurt.
                        RESPONSE: One drink will always hurt me, and it always will because I'm not a social drinker. One sip and I'll be drinking compulsively again.

JUNKIE THINKING: I only want one.
                        RESPONSE: I have never wanted only one. In fact, I want 5 or 10 or 15 every day. I want them all.

JUNKIE THINKING: I’ll just be a social drinker.
                        RESPONSE: I’m a chronic, compulsive drinker, and once I drink one I’ll quickly be thinking about the next one. Social drinkers can take it or leave it. That’s not me.

JUNKIE THINKING: I'm doing so well, one won't hurt me now.
                        RESPONSE: The only reason I'm doing so well is because I haven't taken the first one. Yet once I do, I won't be doing well anymore, I'll be drinking again.

JUNKIE THINKING: I'll just stop again.
                        RESPONSE: Sounds easy, but who am I trying to kid? Look how long it took me to stop this time? And once I start, how long will it take before I get sick enough to face withdrawal again? In fact, when I'm back in the grip of compulsion, what guarantee do I have that I'll ever be able to stop again?

JUNKIE THINKING: If I slip, I'll keep trying.
                        RESPONSE: If I think I can get away with one little "slip" now, I'll think I can get away with another little slip later on.

JUNKIE THINKING: I need one to get me through this withdrawal.
                        RESPONSE: Drinking will not get me through the discomfort of not drinking. It will only get me back to drinking. One sip stops the process of withdrawal and I'll have to go through it all over again.

JUNKIE THINKING: I miss drinking right now.
                        RESPONSE: Of course I miss something I've been doing every day for most of my life. But do I miss the pain of drinking right now? Do I miss the worry, the embarrassment? I'd rather be an ex-drinker with an occasional desire to drink, than a drinker with a constant desire to stop doing it.

JUNKIE THINKING: I really need to drink now. I'm so upset.
                        RESPONSE: Drinking is not going to fix anything. I'll still be upset; I'll just be an upset drunk. I never have to have a drink. Drinking alcohol is not a need, it's a want. Once the crisis is over, I'll be relieved and grateful I'm still not drinking.

JUNKIE THINKING: I don't care.
                        RESPONSE: WHAT IS IT EXACTLY THAT I THINK I DON'T CARE ABOUT? Can I truthfully say I don't care about my pain? I don't care about having a hangover in the morning? I don't care about what I'm doing to my liver, lungs, kidney, and heart? I don’t care about all the people I’ve hurt. No, I care about these things very much. That's why I stopped drinking in the first place.

JUNKIE THINKING: What difference does it make, anyway?
                        RESPONSE: It makes a difference in the way I live, the way my heart beats, the way I feel about myself. It makes a tremendous difference in every aspect of my physical and emotional health.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just for the record, I went back and found my post from Day 6.....

Byrdlady;1048867 wrote: Well, I'm not a cussing woman, but I have 2 things to say: Day 6 was a Bit__! I kept making deals with myself. Then I heard Jolie..."Besides, what's 1 glass of wine going to do for me?" Thank God for those words. I finally had to tell my brain to shut the ____ up!

NewO, Jolie and I started a year ago almost to the day....trying to moderate and moving right back to the wrong place and worse on top. I could have a date at the bottom of my postings saying AF 1/31/10 but I WASTED a year making those deals with myself that I could moderate. I've had it with me. This time, my date is going to stick! 1/20/11.

Up to here with AL!
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

broken halo;1557173 wrote: Hi Nesters, Dave hang in there buddy. As Byrdy says an asshole is an asshole. Be the better man

Moss Rose, it just goes to show you how the alkie brain works. To hell with AL I say. I won't forget my stupid behaviour in the past but I am not going to dwell on it. Instead I am going to be the best sober person I can be. Your son had no right to make you feel the way he did, no matter what. :l

I've just come from a session with a personal trainer, boy that's going to hurt tomorrow! He took me out of my comfort zone alright but it was a great workout. It was a little bizarre being told 'well done' and 'good girl!'...this from a guy who was 20 if he was a day. I couldn't help laughing and pointing out that I was probably older than his mother :H
                            broken halo - I know the feeling well - my trainer always told me to ice-ice-ice my sore muscles after a workout. Something else that works for me is ibuprofen, drink lots and lots and lots more water, get up and stretch all those muscles at least each hour, and take a hot bath with Epsom Salts (I swear this is the best remedy on its own). Good for you! And don't forget to go back to your next session no matter how painful - it actually helps. Keep us posted - I haven't exercised forever and you'd be good motivation!
                            10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am so thankful for this place on a day like this. After a day at work. My mind was drifting to the stinkin thinkin. I got home and made a meal. Did some exercising and now the stinkin thinkin passed. I hope you are all having a great evening. One day at time!
                              Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

finallydone;1557312 wrote: I am so thankful for this place on a day like this. After a day at work. My mind was drifting to the stinkin thinkin. I got home and made a meal. Did some exercising and now the stinkin thinkin passed. I hope you are all having a great evening. One day at time!
                                Ain't it the truth, whenever the urge is there, I, too, jump on here and just drink this in instead.
                                Sam
                                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Working...
                                X