Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi All,

Jane, I am so sorry for your loss. Our pets are precious family members and it's always so sad to say goodbye.

Sara - congratulations!!! I am so happy and proud for you. Keeping busy is so important - well done!
    Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Newbies Nest

So sorry for your loss Jane. I am glad you will remember so fondly the special bond the two of you shared. I never had dogs growing up but have a golden retriever now and I love her so much. My heart goes out to you!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Desire.

I find that I am desiring the way things were, because I know how to do it and it is easy. But I believe there is something better on the other side of this, and for that reason alone, I will pour another seltzer water. A little harder tonight :sighbubble:
        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kensho, if you could speed the clock of life up a week and fast forward your AF time, you would quickly see just how worth it this discomfort is. Becoming AF is going back to normal, drinking is what got us off course. Getting back to normal feels really good! These first three days are tough, but if you break it down, there are only about 4 hours in the evening we have to get thru...that 's not such a long time. We have sat thru bad traffic for that length of time. It is worth it, I can promise you that! Keep up the great work! Hugs, Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kensho
            you will be amazed how quickly time passes and you will wonder how did you ever have time to drink. You're doing fine and you'll get through today just fine, and be able to enjoy tomorrow with no regrets, no hangover, no guilt. What a perfect way to start a day!
            Sam
            Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Looks like a lot of happy here dropped in today - great!!!

Jane, very sorry for your loss. I've lost two dogs over the past ten years. It does hurt to lose a devoted family member.

Sarah, Congrats on your day 1 AF, Kensho you as well

Sending wishes for a safe & cozy night for all in the nest!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats Kensho!

So very very sorry for your loss, Jane. Dogs are fabulous friends. Lucky puppy to have had you.

Lav: Thanks for the kind words a few days back.

NewDreams: Will try and keep in better contact. We got this.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jane, I'm sorry for your loss. I lost my favorite dog, a dog I rescued who had been abandoned, tied up in a back yard without food or water in terrible heat behind a house I was provided while working on a project. I was so scared of the dog but fed him, took him home even though my friends stopped visiting me out of fright. He was around 16 or 17 when he died. I had him for 13 years and there was such a strong bond between us that everyone was aware of. I feel so blessed to have experienced this bond. I have 3 dogs now and the love I have for them is different because they have never suffered and are just happy fun loving dogs, but they bring me joy. I know how you feel. The love and the memories are the jewels you carry in you heart, always. May they make you smile through the tears. aeg

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jane- so sorry for your loss. I feel your pain. I've grown up with dogs all my life and putting them down is the hardest thing. My prayers are with you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hypernova – I have read a lot about alcoholism and relapse, and one key ingredient to avoiding the relapse is a close connection to a sober community. If you don’t come here every day, do you go to AA or another in-person meeting? Keep a journal? Read? As we get along it is tempting just to back away – you’ve got this beat. But the oldbies around here have explained that alcohol abuse is like a chronic illness. It doesn’t go away just because it is sober – it needs focus every day. Also, mental relapse comes before physical relapse. I suggest you read around about that here or elsewhere on the Internet. Stay focused – you’re doing the right thing for your mental and physical health!

Hope you have a great trip, Rahul, and good plan to stay sober.

New Dreams – I have drinking dreams and think in horror – how will I tell the MWO folks (part of the aforementioned importance of a sober community). I understand the evenings being harder – alcohol is a QUICK drug in terms of letting go of anxiety and stress for the day. There are many much healthier coping mechanisms, but I haven’t found one that works as quickly as al. Quick, but short lasting and long term damage – not worth it.

Luvin – stick with your quit buddy. It really helps to have someone going through the same stuff because this journey does come in stages, and they’re not always steadily improving.

Jane – that was a sweet story about your dogs, and your Sam. I am so sorry for your loss – it must have been so sad. I am glad you are there for Kuma.

K-9 – thanks for sharing. That is an important story to tell – I know I am afraid of going “public” – to the extent that I won’t sign on to MWO from my work laptop, even if I am at home. Paranoid? Not a super safe feeling work environment, either. Good luck with that job!

Rox! How are you doing? We don’t hear much from you. I hope you’re ok.

Way to go, Sarah. You cleared an important hurdle! What are your plans for today? (well, tomorrow, but it will be today by the time you are reading this)…

Hi, Marylou and Frances – hope you both are well.

Kensho – I echo Byrdie’s sentiment. HARD to believe, but it honestly gets so much better. Life is so much better without the anxiety and guilt that come with drinking. Stay strong! How are those hypno CDs?

AEG! Haven’t heard from you – how are you faring? Are you free from alcohol?

I had another killer and long day at work – I came home and had no desire for a drink. None at all. Very amazing in my book. People – it really does happen!

Butt Velcro, passing left. Hope you all are snuggled in tight.

Xo
                      Pav

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAR Nesters!!!

Happy Hump Day!

Jane, thweetheart, I am so sorry about Sam - you've been talking about the inevitable for a few days now. They fill our lives with so much happiness and joy, and leave such a huge hole when they leave. Give Kuma extra hugs and walks today - he'll also feel the loss. And well done on staying sober through this - I'm really proud of you!
                        14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi, Dreamy. It's happy Tump (or is that Thump) day to you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

SERIOUSLY? 10 minutes to load one page MWO? COME ON! This is so frustrating!!

I reached my 1 day goal yesterday, but wasn't sure what I would do today. i'll just say that things took a little turn and tomr I need to take care of other things.

I don't know what I will do tomr, but I did Day 1 and I can do that again... that to me is enough for me to stay on the path I'm going.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Pav! I've done 5 years Al free before (didn't quit because I thought I was abusing THEN, but it was still a struggle at times.) But that's a story for a whole other day. I'll keep reading and reminding myself. Good to hear from all the veterans like yourself.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Pav - happy Wuesday?
                                14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Working...
                                X