Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Ok, Kens...so if it's 1 pm for me now, what time is it there? 11 am?

This should be a clue to you, that if someone as scatterbrained as I can do this, I KNOW you can!!! xxoo
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

You're funny. 11:00 here, yes.
      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello everyone in the nest !!

Day 23 sober and what an encouragement for my spirit ..

Started off with guys to go early morning jog. 5KM in 30 minutes. It was a festival day here ... One of those festivals which is known to drink and take drugs and stuff beyond drinks ... Kind of like queens day in holland ... Famous for "partying"

For as long as I remember this day I drank ... And drank a lot ... Starts in morning at about 11 and continues till I collapse ... But today was different. I was happy and proud to be sober.

At home with family and few relatives coming over to celebrate ... They did notice me not drinking and some did ask ... Are your OK ... "Did your health checkup came out really bad ?" Strange and I thought ... Earlier I used to try to reduce drinking so that my blood reports should come out within limits .... Today my Blood report is normal , and THATS why I don't feel like drinking. My wife was happy although in past I know I have become immune to her wishes. I did got out to meet some other buddies who live a bit farther away and normally we all drink to glory. And surprise they were all "relatively" sober ... One of them gave up smoking as well ... We all went to one of these MTV grind type pool parties ... And jumped the pool ... Felt like a teen ager but no booze and ENJOYED ...

It was a positive re enforcement that I don't need booze to enjoy ... Life can be sooooo good ...

It felt so great after full day of fun and reaching home at 7 pm ... Full of energy and NO hangovers or collapsing in the bed only to wake with dry throat.

-------------

David You have come to the right place ... Keep posting and stay sober .. I know it's not easy but what's the point in drinking if it makes you feel guilty !

Kensho : Great plan .... Remember first 7 days are most tough ... After that u will see some light ... Hold on to it and u will sail thru ... U r lucky that you can share this plan with your husband ... Sharing is the best way ...

Sarah: sorry for the tough day ... But look back life had its ups and downs even before all started drinking ... We don't need AL to sail thru ... But hang on and stay sober tomorrow /today ...

Petra I am just behind you ... How's your marathon practice going on ?

Stay sober buys and good night ...
        Rahul
        --------------------------------------------
        Rewiring my brain ... done ...
        Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
        Rebooting ... done ...
        Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all . Day 3 and finally getting some quality sleep . The first 3 days sure are the hardest , after that its all about remembering how bad it all was so that we don't go through the whole cycle again . BND .
          Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
          Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all . Day 3 and finally getting some quality sleep . The first 3 days sure are the hardest , after that its all about remembering how bad it all was so that we don't go through the whole cycle again . BND . Sorry if this posts twice had the cat helping me type faster .
            Tomorrow ! is a brand new day , open it with carealm:
            Final Quit 7/7/14 , The last of so many .

Comment

Newbies Nest

Feeling good.

Feeling good today. Full spectrum of supplements - no major side effects. 2L water down the hatch! Went to put the kudzu bottles in my office closet and found two vodka bottles, one had a swig left in it. Down the drain (the sink drain). Wow, did I really say that? Have I really been stashing vodka bottles in various places in my house? Excited to post on the roll call tomorrow. Generated a list of rewards I can give myself at various AF days - and really looking forward to those.
              Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

KENSHO;1638940 wrote: . Wow, did I really say that? Have I really been stashing vodka bottles in various places in my house?
                You're sounding really strong, Kensho :goodjob:.

If you need to distract yourself and want a chuckle:

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...ide-90060.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f9...les-76594.html

https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...ide-48194.html

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good day. Went to the gym and met trainer...he is starting very slow but I guess that is OK for now..if he goes too slow I will speak up. Did treadmill and elliptical and I should sleep better tonight. I had weird dreams last night...must be something I ate this weekend...or too much I ate. bleh..
                  Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Those are great links, NS. I certainly did my share of that!

We are all thinking of you, Kensho! Stay busy, and keep your tummy full! Hang in there you you will be so prod of yourself in the morning!

Dots, great going on your new life! Getting AL out was the best thing you ever did! Woot woot! Xo, B
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ya got that right Byrdie...I am amazed at the things I can do. I have time to do whatever I want...well almost anyway but I sure am enjoying this!!
                      Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Kensho, your plan is awesome now just stay on it & keep your commitment strong
                        The thing that kept me going was being sick & tired of disappointing myself when I knew I could do better - you can too!

I decided not to shovel snow today - screw it :H
                        It should melt over the next two days all by itself!

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Soooo relieved to say I am sober tonight. Did not go to the parades - stayed home and gave my house a good clean. Did miss not going to the parades but I know where I would be right now if I had. I was tempted even not going - just too early on. Really wasn't sure around 6 to 9, then ok. Took a drive downtown 3 times. Enough to put you off drink. People falling, being sick, fighting with police, lying on the street.......ooooooh I cannot tell you how relieved I am. This has been a tough one......
                          IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                          Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Newbies Nest

GREAT JOB, Daisy! There is just no feeling like self respect! So preoud of your solid decisions today! Congrats!!! Byrdie
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Made it.

Making Sleepytime tea and Going to bed. Not a stress-less evening, but it was so nice to read to my son without alcohol on my breath, and saying words crisply. Off to fold laundry for as long as I can stand, and then to sleep. Proud of myself.
                              Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE, Nesters--

Awesome plan, Kensho - glad you made it through the evening. I hope your sleep is ok, although it is likely not going to be. I dreamed CRAZY dreams my first day or two, but I slept ok. Many people have trouble, but don't let it be an excuse!

Bran - day 4 can be tempting - you feel better, forget how awful you felt... Stay strong, and as NS wrote to Kensho, post here BEFORE you drink if you're tempted. Someone will be here to talk you out of it.

Great, Daisy, on making it through a tough trigger day. You, too, Rahul. Just another sober day...

Dot - I have been thinking of getting a trainer to motivate me to work muscles that I ignore - let us know how it goes.

Lav - Glad you left the snow. FFS, how much can one woman shovel in a winter (any hope of attaching a snow plow to a chicken?)

NS - those links kill me. I really marvel at the lengths that AL brain will go to in order to escape detection.

My son admitted to me that he drank at a party last night (he said three sips and I believe him). I am so angry right now at the culture that tells these kids (14 and 15) that having fun means booze has to be there. He felt bad about it and I don't think he's down a slipper slope YET (that f*cking word), but I didn't expect to have to address this situation so early. GGGRRRRR.

But I am ok. Even more reason for me to keep myself sober as an example, and so that I can sniff him out if the need arises!

OK, good night, Peeps. Stay strong.

Pav

Comment

Working...
                                X