Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

MAE all

Just a quick check in, been a busy day at work but still sailing along at 110 days, only 90 behind you Dot and a big congratulations on your 200, its amazing what you have achieved and how much better do you feel now to when you first started?

Petrel good to see you still checking in, miss our nightly chats i must say.

Rahul have fun in Paris but beware we know what our al brain can do.

Dream, i am alive lovely and doing well. my son bought me a new laptop today for all that i have done for him in the past year helping with his crack addiction. i am pretty pleased and proud i must say, pleased with the new laptop and proud of my son. We have both been through our struggles but are both winning the war on our individual drug of choice.

Work has been busy but will have a big check in on what everyones been doing on the weekend. Glad there are some newbies staying strong. Before you know it you will be up to the days that Dot has achieved.
    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all! Well, day 24 nearly done. I took my 2 sons out to a club for dinner, and we all drank soft drink. I just smirked when the lady at the next table was complaining about not getting the particular NZ sav blanc she wanted. Not my problem anymore.

Hi Ava. I assumed from your silence you were in Thailand. When do you leave? Missing our chats too. It's been so difficult to log on this week.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Petrel

God forbid i would have drank anything, never knew what the word fussy was when it came to drinking wine. Warm, cold did not matter with me.

No Thailand is in 12 days as of tomorrow and i will be on a lot over there. Ive been really busy at work and so glad tomorrow is friday. Lets not talking about logging in, i nearly had a panic attack this morning not being able to get my regular fix. It was like going to an AA meeting only to find out they had relocated and not told me.

24 days, very impressive, well on the way to that 3 months and beyond being af.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Ava. I'm still counting, but not dwelling on numbers too much. 24 is very good for me. My longest haul yet, and this time I'm serious. I don't know what will happen at 3 months, but I really think I'll just keep going until the marathon, which is about the 4.5 month mark.

Speaking of which, I'm a little run down ATM. Probably overdoing it. Not sick, but no energy to run. So forced rest for the last few days. Might try again in the morning. I signed up on Tuesday, so now committed.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Maybe its your body telling you not to push yourself and have a rest. Everyday is different being sober. I had so much energy at the beginning of the week and now i also feel like i have been run over by a semi trailer and reversed on also.

24 is brilliant, i never managed to get past 11 days at the beginning, always thought i could moderate.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Ava. Yes I'm very pleased so far at 24. As you know, I'm 50 in May, so I know I need to listen to my body, although I think it's serving me very we'll, especially considering all of the Al I've thrown at it over the years, especially recently.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & HAPPY SPRING
                Good riddance to the longest winter in recorded history :H

Wishing everyone a great AF Thursday. I'm going to go searching for some sign of life outside - maybe my daffodils are making an appearance

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav
                  what is that orange orb out there anyway? Been hearing rumors of snow Tuesday!!

hoping everyone enjoys their day in their own way
                  Sam
                  Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Sam, I'm not sure what that bright thing is up there in the sky....it's weird!! I remember stories about this sort of thing, I will keep an eye out, maybe it's just temporary?! I have moved my clothes back and forth 3 times so far...I hope to put the muck lucks (rubber, wooly shoes) in the back of the closet for good this time!

Summering...I feel for you on those dreams. Mine stopped right around the 1 month mark, but when I told that to another nester one time and he had them again at 6 months, I felt really bad! So I guess it's an individual thing. I had some doozies last night...but there was NO alcohol involved at all! So while it was still disturbing, at least it didn't have THAT element of truth in there! Did I ever tell you about the dream I had with Robert Redford?? OOO-la-la.....we were on a date, in a bar! And the subject of AL came up and he said "That stuff'll kill ya"! If it's possible to faint in a dream, I did it! We were really hitting it off, (IF you know what I mean) when I woke up. Dang.
                    I have always had really vivid dreams... have you? They are scary in their detail...I should write them down.

K9, I love the title of your book. As long as it's not "Diablo.....A Love Story" I'm good with it.

MywayIn! Great to see you, thank you for that article. It's easy to fall for the perception! We see what we want to see when addiction is present. When I was trying to justify it, it didn't take much, either. Forget my grocery list? Screw THIS, I'm having a drink! Who could live thru going to the store without a LIST???? BoozeBrain is very powerful.

Petrel, 24 days is massive! Keep it going!!

Kensho, thinking of you! Love the new avatar. Tree of Life? Very nice!

Hope everyone has a lovely and easy day! Hugs to all, Byrdie
                    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                    Tool Box
                    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all, I'm still here! I'm on bed rest with pneumonia so I have been sleeping mostly. Just wanted to check in and wish everyone a happy spring!
                      Day 1 again 11/5/19
                      Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                      Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                      Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                      11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                      12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Newbies Nest

ADD, Indulgence and Alcohol

I do well with "a plan". I always have. If I sit down in the morning and detailed list what needs to be done, and how long it should take, I tend to make it a challenge and stay on task. I have a distractable, overwhelmed and active brain. It is also very creative and allows me to "stumble" upon new ideas and concepts because my thoughts are free and wandering.

When the thought enters "what about a lime green bookshelf here", or "what if we suspend the upper cabinets from cable", I am doing my job. My skill is allowing myself to indulge in my thoughts. But when the thought enters, "how about a drink?", I can't say, "sure - go for it." So, structure is my biggest friend. I can't be indulgent ALL the time. Have to set boundaries - a framework for the day and personal rules - that I MUST follow. Within those boundaries, I can then feel free to "wander" all I want.

So, that's part of why I take that first drink. I am only on day 4 of AF, but I can say that whatever your reasons are for drinking, you won't understand them until you stop drinking. Give yourself even a week, and really ask yourself questions when that craving hits.

PLAN FOR TODAY:
                        - same as yesterday, but add the two Clearing CD sessions.
                        Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,
                          The sun is out but it is cold. I am hoping for warm weather soon so I can get out in the garden. I am not much on yard work but my garden gives me great pleasure. This year I will have time to pay more attention to the weeds. And to cook more. I made a great pasta sauce last year. It is all gone now.
                          Staying in trying to catch up today.
                          Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Byrdlady;1639789 wrote:

K9, I love the title of your book. As long as it's not "Diablo.....A Love Story" I'm good with it.
                            Well now...I was thinking this would be the title of the follow-up book! It really did have a fairy tale quality to it, you know? :H

Some of you are finally getting a glimpse of that orange thing in the sky huh? That was me last week...wondering why water was dripping down...what is that??

Byrdie, are you saying that you and Robert were playing checkers? Sounds spicey! :ey:
                            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Why is my anxiety through the roof today? Typical of AF Day 4?
                              Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Kensho for me the first week was high anxiety so you are normal. At day 4 the AL is finally out of your system and it is screaming for more. Distraction helped me. I would get on here and read or watch you tube videos or anything to wait the crazies out. It gets better...
                                Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Working...
                                X