Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Loveless;1596404 wrote: believe me i am far from wanting to give up on my husband, I just want to protect my own sobriety above all else. but im not walking away by any means.
    Thinking of you, I am hoping that you will do whatever it takes to protect your hard work. Keep moving forward dont go backwards!! Protect your quit no' matter what and no matter who! Hang in with us!! B
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

I'm in my shop getting my Monday work done while I can. We had a big snowstorm here today, getting ice out there now & the power always goes out around here, so.....

Congrats on Day 1, 7, 90, etc. Everyone sounds good & moving forward. That's what we like to see - progress

Lovely, by all means do protect your quit. Do it for you & your son. Yuor husband will have to make his own decision at some point, right?

Wishing everyone a safe & cozy night in the nest. Hope the power stays on for a change
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

I agree Lovely. TKe care of you first. If you can't be around him drinking, don't. Get some time under your belt.
        Dave Inam going to read back to your post.
        I had a rough day. Cleaned a little, finished decorating tree and set up a photo station. Then I wrestled those dogs, all 3 of them, into Christmas costumes and took pics. I am doing Christmas cards this week. I think I have enough good pics. But wow I am tired!
        Everyone thinks my cards are funny, and they are.
        MAE everyone.
        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Nesters! Heading to bed and wanted to say Hi! I see how everyone is in various stages of recovery and turning the corner in life when it comes to AL. Great job to everyone who is serious about sobriety. It takes time and some failures at times to get there. We can get there if we are serious about it. I have failed many times but have always tried harder and harder to finally make it stick. This place is such a great source for newcomers in sobriety and it's also a great place for me who has kept fighting the demon of AL. For whatever reason I am turning that corner. Even when I am not posting here I am following what is going on. Awesome place with awesome people. I owe my new life and turning that big corner to the Nest and all of the wonderful people in MWO who saw something in me. Stick around everyone new. We will all be here for you.
          Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Tomorrow when I check in I will have made it to 100 days..Night all.
            Dottie

Newbie's Nest

Tool Box

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie Belle;1596480 wrote: Tomorrow when I check in I will have made it to 100 days..Night all.
              Great job Dottie! Stay warm! I am about to cover up in blankets. :goodjob:
              Started living again 2/7/2015

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Dottie.:goodjob:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dot I cant wait for what Byrdy has in store for you and LC. I cant wait for my 100 day reward in 91 days time lol.

A big hug and congrats to your wonderful achievement and its been a pleasure to have known you for those 100 days.
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters

Lifechange, Dottie Belle: 100 AF days are an absolutely awesome achievement - congratulations; and be proud of each one of them!

Thanks for all the daily chats and support and encouragement.
                    14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello all,

I'm back after quite a long absence and once again, I'm turning to this site for help. Making this my day 1 of hopefully many to come. This love/hate relationship with AL has to end. I see some familiar names and also a lot of new ones. Hope you all can make a little room for me in the nest.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.

Comment

Newbies Nest

MAE Nesters,

Congratulations to L.C and Dottie on their Day 100. Hope you both get to celebrate in style.

Best wishes to everyone else making milestones or working towards them. This journey is fun if we stick with it!

To anyone struggling, take things a day at a time, be gentle with yourself. Log in here and tell us how you're going.

regards,
                        Steady
                        :h
                        AF free since April 29, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick one to check in and say "hello" - and yes, Pavati, we can do this together!

Had a wobbly weekend for lots of reasons but I did not drink! woop! go me! This time last week I was new here, starting out with yet another hangover and wondering when my aches and pains would go away. I've done a week. A WHOLE WEEK!

Thanks for the moon, Byrdie lol. I (naively) thought it was going to be a spangly silver one sparkling with fairydust (can you tell I have two small daughters?!). Yours is much funnier though :-D

Have a fab day, everyone! I have a long day ahead at work (boo) but just got praised for something by my boss so that's always a plus.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

I'm in no hurry to go anywhere today - roads are covered with ice & snow

CONGRATS to Dottie & LC today on 100 AF days - :yay:
                            That shows commitment ladies, well done!

Jolie, Glad to see you again, welcome back!
                            Dust off the old plan, update it as necessary & make that commitment. I've never seen anyone regret kicking AL out of their lives

Greetings to one & all. Sending wishes for a great AF Monday for all!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Jolie-it is great to see you back here!!! I have missed you on our Monthly Abstinence thread. You were always so uplifting to be around and I enjoyed reading your posts.:goodjob:for having the courage to come back.

Lav-thank you for flying from the Nest to the Abs Thread to alert us to Jolie's return. Ice and snow here today, too. Glad I'm home and cozy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nesters!! Big doings today!! We have some major achievements to recognize!!
                                Dottie Belle and LifeChange, (I hope LC checks in) will you please rise? We salute you for this major LifeChanging event. When I finally made my 100 days, Prince William and Kate decided to get married...I'm sorry that today the best we can do is raise a finger to two great ladies!!! Your 100 DAY AWARD:

:finger: :finger:

Yes, you've earned 'The Bird'. This is for flipping off AL and telling him to get the HELL OUT! Your dedication to checking in here and offering support for others is unmatched. Thru thick and thin you both were here. We are all so proud of you!!! This also entitles you to post in the 100 Day Thread! You have arrived, in my humble opinion....you got this! NOW KEEP IT GOING, no matter what and no matter who!!! Congratulations!!! ( popping with pride!!)

The Proud Prize Patrol
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X