Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Loves!
    I am so proud of you. Seems like just yesterday you were really struggling, and now look at you...at day 16!!!! I bet your son notices a huge difference! Are you feeling physically better as well? Sooooo glad you're with us....keep it up!
    K9
    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just wanted to share something I posted in another thread. We were talking about how easy it is to "slip". Here's what I wrote:

I had a scary thought earlier. I figured my daughter will be going to her dad's over the winter break and that if I quit Antabuse now I'd be clear to drink! I'm not trying to scare anyone, just pointing out how VIGILANT we must stay, no matter how long we've been sober. If you are like me, your first thought will always be "Oh good...this and that is happening so I can drink!"....remember girls....I didn't go to jail 3 times because I was singing too loud in the church choir!

Whether you have 1 day, 1 week, 1 year or 1 decade...you have to stay on top of it...never give the Beast an inch or he'll take a mile. Use me as a cautionary tale: Drinking for me wasn't rainbows and butterflies. It was handcuffs, DUI's and a cellmate named Diablo :devil:
      :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wow - 1 year AF spider woman - this is awesome! I will like that one day! I know it
        AF since 10/20/2013
        Smoke free since 09/24/2007
        Meat free since 09/20/2008
        ---------------------------------------
        With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

I just read some posts from earlier - OMG I was quoted by Dave! I appreciate your advise Dave, I was always wondering about male perspective to quitting AL, communication about it and family matters. I might private message you with some questions - is it ok?
          AF since 10/20/2013
          Smoke free since 09/24/2007
          Meat free since 09/20/2008
          ---------------------------------------
          With will one can do anything - Samuel Smiles

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh my GOODNESS, you people are amazing. This constant conversation about things that are all in my mind is soooo helpful.

Choosing to drink bleach seems so ridiculous, but that is essentially what I was doing. I was choosing to ingest a poison that was bad for my body, mind and soul and getting angry and irritated that circumstances were telling me to stop. WTF?!

On another thread we were talking about having an "incident" vs. using other tools to stop. I know that I cannot drink - my "incident" proved that. That has brought my mind free from chatter maybe more quickly than others (the express elevator), which for me is a relief, but maybe because I haven't spent as much time processing the quit I will be more vulnerable when the urge does strike. This means I have to be vigilant and continue to hone my skills and use my tools to focus on sobriety first - not get complacent.

Spiderwoman, thanks for sharing your journey. Of course it helps for you all with experience to stop by and share your wisdom with us.

Pinecone - I hear my voice saying the words you typed. "...I would wake up panicky and terrified in the middle of the night and worry about my health. "I'll just cut down, I'll just cut down," but I knew that was a lie and I was trapped in hell." Yes, indeed.

Tonight I am SO grateful for MWO and the people here. As a Newbie, I feel those with experience circling the wagons to help me protect my quit, especially through the more challenging holiday season. I appreciate all of you who have flown into the nest to offer support and advice. I also am grateful to my fellow newbies who are willing to share their stories as we stick together to keep ourselves strong. Thank you, thank you, thank you, from the bottom of my alcohol-free heart.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9-so true, UGH! Thanks for the post.

Congratulations Spiderwoman, you have joined a handful of Awesome people here. Thanks for sticking around.

Good night everyone. Home to my 7-up.

AF since 12/26/13

"...........just put one foot in front of the other and move forward. One step at a time." Chris McCombs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_dJ97Vwoup4

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congratulations Spiderwoman!!! a year, that is wonderful. Enjoyed your post
                Sam
                Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I flew in as I heard Gambler is celebrating 90 days - then I saw a full year for Spiderwoman! Huge hugs and congrats to you both - you know it is my 'fantasy' to spend a year without alcohol. Very hard to keep up with the busy nest but wanted to say GWAWKY MAE to all! I'm not drinking today.
                  10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Awesome posts today
                    Let's keep moving forward, this is great!!!

Wishing everyone a cozy night in the nest, stay safe!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good job on 365 days spiderwoman!

K9, I understand that feeling. I was thinking earlier today that the holiday party for work is coming up this Wednesday. Now I'm smart enough not to get drunk around the people employing me, but they do let us go a few hours early, and I could stop at the liquor store on the way home and.... Nope, I'm not gonna do it, but the point is that your stupid AV never gives up and make excuses for you. Stay strong!
                      11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie and Lifechange well done. 100 days is wonderful. Congratulations. :wave::wave::clapclap:
                        I'm just doing a quick check in. Really tired and tomorrow is just Tuesday.
                        Hzve a great one all.
                        No matter how far you go or how fast you run, you can't get away from yourself. ....said at an AA meeting. It stuck with me.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Pavati;1596423 wrote: Sam! I'm glad you posted. I know you were feeling antsy and I was thinking about you. I'm glad to see you here.
                          Thanks, Pav, for thinking of me. Glad to be here!
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Dottie and Lifechange ~ 100 days is outstanding. I know you are both proud of yourselves. Thanks for showing us how it's done, day after day. Ch
                            10/14/13: I am truly grateful for another day in this amazing life. I'm sober and mindful of every moment.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!

Coffee is ready, help yourself! I really miss LC's breakfasts.

LB, we're halfway to Hump Day, POETS will come (eventually).

Elvis and K9, about staying vigilant and not getting complacent: some time ago I was in a nearby town, with lots of street cafes, people sitting outside in the sun, having a glass of wine - recognise the picture? Well, my BliksemseBloodyBoozeBrain was telling that I could also go and sit there, have a glass of wine (one glass - yeah, sure:H:H) and, get this - not 'fess up here. As if not telling would magically erase what had happened. I was actually shocked that I could even contemplate something like that, but I guess it was to be expected from BBBB. This is a battle, in which you always have to stay on your toes and be wide awake.

Spidey, thanks so much for posting your inspiring story here in the Nest - quitting over the festive season could not have been an easy thing to do - and you did it!!!!

Hadit, you're so right about life being absolutely great without Al. Even the less-than-good days are so much more manageable when sober.

Nesters, have a wonderful AF Tuesday!
                              14 October 2013 was the first day of the best days of my life!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I thought the same thing also dream when i first went AF, just the one, no one will know, well that is except me and what would it achieve the just one? It would feed our addiction and that is all, bring out guilt to the fore, our self loathing that we actually thought we could do it and shame. I know AL wont be putting me on a guilt trip anytime soon. Mind you today i have had fleeting thoughts of AL but they don't last long and I have plenty of other drinks to entice me, well not entice but they suffice. I cannot let myself down or my children or my lovely friends on here. God forbid I would have to put Day 1 again, double figures today, no more single digits yeah!

If that is your cat Dream she/he is gorgeous. I could make you toast and vegemite but it is definitely an acquired taste.
                                AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Working...
                                X