Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello Nester's near and not so far,

Ava......300 days AF today 26th sept. Congratulations buddy. You are such a gem in all sorts of ways and we are lucky to have you around here. Bravo!

Thanks for Nursie's site link NS. Might check it out. I think this site will be okay in the long run.

Love to hear your poetry Cowboy.

Wishing all a safe, sober and magical weekend. G

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Newbies Nest

Congrats on your 300 days!!!!
      :grouptrophy:
      You are amazing in every way! Thank you so much for all you do here, especially in the nest! You are a jewel and we are so lucky to be on this journey with you! Much love and admiration, B
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

I had a nice afternoon out with old friends & there's never a worry - no one drinks anymore. That's one good thing about getting old :H

I saw RJs post about the site being down next week too, A lot of us are in contact on Facebook already - maybe we can add a few more?

Ava, CONGRATS on 300 days - yay!!! You're catching up to me

Hello to everyone & wishing a safe night in the nest for all!

btw - Chero, keep practicing that deep breathing - does wonders

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoSugar;n2515106 wrote: This is the site Nursie set up: http://steppingforward.proboards.com/
          P.S. By the way, Nursie's site in the above link is easy and quick to register for, if folks wish to.

I just read Byrdy's post congratulating you Ava AFTER i'd written mine. Almost identical! especially with the very spot on use of the words 'Gem' and 'Jewel'. :bigwink:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey - thanks Byrdie, got my signature line turned back on

Hi there G!!!!
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for posting that link, NS - I just registered. I'm so very grateful to have that option, and for people thinking ahead for people like me who aren't so good at it. Way to go, Nursie!
              Gratefully AF and NF since March 23, 2014

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, trying this again, was just about to post my reply and the site froze, lost all my two-finger typing!! I think downgrading to upgrade is a great move.

I'm back in the RV after another long day of being a pretend farmer lol, and first and foremost, a big CONGRATS to all the milestoners I missed! Truly an inspiration to each and everyone of us!

A couple of days ago, I had a very serious incident with my combine. While moving down the road to another field, the edge of a steep ditch gave way and down my combine went! The warning system kept flashing that I had reached "rollover point" I did a few things as the combine was sliding down that only a farmer would understand, but they kept the combine upright, with me trapped in the cab, fear that if I stepped out and down the ladder, it would shift the center point and roll over. Radioing the rest of the crew, I had no choice but to sit in the cab for two hours and wait for them to bring two tractors to anchor me down with chains till we all thought it was safe for me to exit. It wasn't till that night when I got home (3 hours to get the combine out, literally an inch at a time, then back to harvesting, no damage to me or the combine) that I realized that not once in all that time did I think of having a drink! It was the greatest moment in my sobriety to know that I am winning the battle! It does get easier, you guys weren't lying! The next morning while having coffee, thanking the Big Guy for keeping me safe, I penned this poem....

SOBER SUNUPS

Times are a changing for Bubba and me
                Always for the better of course, with my new sobriety
                Gone are the mornings, filled with guilt and shame
                The guy looking back in the mirror was the only one to blame

Our daily morning coffee along with Hank and his rawhide bone
                Is no longer filled with silence and feeling all alone
                We read our daily reflections and I do my MWO post
                But watching the sunrise sober is something I love the most

We now talk and giggle, at Hank and his routine
                Of looking out the window, alas, no other dog is seen
                So he trots on down the hallway and lays back on his bed
                And waits for Bubba to make my lunch, then he gets his piece of bread!

And as I fill my thermos, he sits and waits for more
                So I get another slice of bread from behind the cupboard door
                I get a kiss from both of them when it?s time to leave for work
                And they know I?ll come home sober and not some drunken jerk!

Have a great day my friends, and I finally realize that all of living is just one day at a time! And, no drinkin or druggin eh!
                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mr G, great minds think alike. Ta for the congrats, as i said on loamers it feels surreal to be this far along. Sometimes it feels like im only kidding myself and im only a few months sober and that it is only a matter of time before i drink but i know that is not me anymore. My life now is what i wished it was like years and years ago. I am content and happy. People tell me how good i look, how clear my eyes are and the best was "have i had any work done". I can only say how bad i must have looked but did not realise it. I know i am still in recovery and i am always on my guard with al but not so much as in my earlier days. I have not felt so at peace in my life as what i feel now. So everyone in early recovery keep walking the walk, fight with all you have in you to stay sober and you will achieve everything you have so desperately wanted when you were drinking. I find it hard to remember the desperation, shame, anger, guilt i had when drinking but i do know it is not a place i want to return to. Each day now i hit the repeat button on being sober. I am forever grateful to the people on mwo who reached out to me 300 days ago and persuaded me to take that day 1 af and then day 2 and so on and so on. Mind you i hated them also for making me go through a living hell of withdrawals but here i am!

Lav i will be 5000 days one day and maybe by then my bitch bars will be right off the board ha ha.

My reward today was new blinds for the lounge room. I may now be broke but it feels good knowing i bought the blinds knowing i did not need to plan how i would buy wine for the next fortnight. If i had to do that then i would have no blinds or probably electricity or gas or..............

Be safe everyone and take note of the link for next week. I know i will miss mwo and reading what everyone is doing daily but something has to be done.
                  AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters & Happy Friday

Sunny & coolish here ~ nice

Ava, forget the bitch bars. You are solidly on your way to the life you always wanted!

Greetings pepper! I'm sure you will be just fine next week while the site is offline. You are doing great

Abcowboy, I think you & Samstone probably have a lot of farming stories to share. Glad to hear you are OK & doing so well too!

I plan on heading out for some exercise soon then need to get some work done in my gardens. I think my almost 6 year old grandson will be spending the weekend with me so that should be lots of fun!

Wishing everyone a great AF Friday!

Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

So glad the topic of assholes came up. Thanks STL! I have the same problem with my workplace- very high- stress environment anyway- not necessary to add drama & head games to everything! You simply cannot rationalize with an irrational person...so many people on power trips. I definitely have to stay sober now with all the shit hitting the fan. It has really allowed me to handle issues more easily for sure. Birdie, so right on... Assholes will be assholes.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ava-

300 Days !!!!!!

Wow Congrats!!!
                        “Hope is being able to see that there is light despite all of the darkness”- Desmond Tutu

STL

Comment

Newbies Nest

You are SuperDuperWoman with your links, NS.
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

I know, G-man! Great minds think alike!! Baahahaha!!
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nice post Ava!

Hiya Lav and STL.

Glad you're ok Cowboy!

It's late friday here, so it's Goodnight from Oz. Take care y'all.

Passing the butt velcro to the.........................left!

Comment

Newbies Nest

WOW, Cowboy....that is beautiful. AND true! I tell you, when we get this site figured out, we need a thread for poetry and one for LINKS! Thank you for that story, life is SO precious (now that we aren't just enduring it) B
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X