Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Not sure what's going on at the moment but I had the worst night's sleep ever last night. And I am not a chocolate fiend.

I ended up in the spare room having nightmares about poisonous snakes; my high school teachers; son' teachers; mum; snow; bracelets...it was awful. I must have woken up about 8 times. I had a sleep study at the end of March so see why I am always tired and I so wished I was wired up to their computer last night.

Today, I have excercised and been drained all day. Dead on my feet now.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters......

Here is some sleepy time tea for everyone that is going to sleep now.

Here is some coffee for those getting up!

Congratulations :goodjob: everyone!

You are doing great Tantangra!

Keep going Possum. You have come to the right place.

Ok - I've got to get going. My chocolate binge wiped me out. I've got to get ready for work.

(Pap - please let us know what the Dr says)
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Wednesday everyone! I've been out of town ... I can't believe the number of posts to go through!

I was at an interview - very long and stressful. It didn't help that I got virtually no sleep the night before. Then - after it was all over and I finally got home - I felt so knackered I poured a large glass of wine. Sicko.

I'd been doing very well previously. Had a strange experience Friday night. Standing in front of the fridge looking at the beer - I put my hand in and grabbed one, pulled it out, looked at it, put it back, looked at it some more, pulled it back out, finally returned it to the fridge for good. But it looked like some peculiar Beer Hokey Pokey thing going on there for a while...

More late - gotta get caught up here. Coco
        Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Coco - how did the interview go?????
          There has been a lot of Hokey Pokey going on. You are not the only one doing that dance.:l:l
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning all! (or afternoon/evening...depending on where you are)
            Day 6 AF here! Antabuse is really getting me on the right track. It's such a relief to know that drinking is just NOT an option. Hope you are all well and enjoying the day.
            :happyheart:
            K9
            :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Ya put right hand in, ya put ya right hand out....ya don't drink dat beer cause yo shit's figured out.....sung to the the tune of The Hokey Pokey!!!!:H:H:H

sorry but I think that;s hilarious!!
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;834590 wrote: Good morning all! (or afternoon/evening...depending on where you are)
                Day 6 AF here! Antabuse is really getting me on the right track. It's such a relief to know that drinking is just NOT an option. Hope you are all well and enjoying the day.
                :happyheart:
                K9
                Are you having any cravings, K9Lover? I wonder if having the option of drinking "off the table" helps keep cravings at bay... like, perhaps there's a psychological component. I'm glad the antabuse is working so well!

Comment

Newbies Nest

HI

:new:

I am new to the site and I am hoping to find comfort and new knowledge as so many of you have.

Comment

Newbies Nest

VMarie;834599 wrote: :new:

I am new to the site and I am hoping to find comfort and new knowledge as so many of you have.
                    Hi Vmarie - Welcome!
                    Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;834589 wrote: Hi Coco - how did the interview go?????
                      There has been a lot of Hokey Pokey going on. You are not the only one doing that dance.:l:l
                      I got the sense it went well. It was exhausting being "on" for over 4 hours - just draining. I won't know anything for a couple more days.

Thanks for asking!
                      Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi VMarie and :welcome:
                        I hope you stick around this wonderful site, we'd love to get to know you, and I hope you find the knowledge and comfort that you seek.

Fennel: I can say that I haven't had any significant cravings while on Antabuse, I take it around 3pm everyday, which is when I would normally start thinking about drinking. As soon as I pop the pills, my mind switches to "well, that's done, no need to think about it anymore". My fear of side effects definitely outweighs any thoughts of drinking...I've read lots of horror stories about what happens if you drink and Antabuse, and I am just not willing to risk it!

The "Hokey Pokey" comments cracked me up...I've done that dance myself in the past...
                        :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

VMarie;834599 wrote: :new:

Welcome to the nest, VMarie! Pull up a twig and sit a spell. :welcome:

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover;834604 wrote:
                            Fennel: I can say that I haven't had any significant cravings while on Antabuse, I take it around 3pm everyday, which is when I would normally start thinking about drinking. As soon as I pop the pills, my mind switches to "well, that's done, no need to think about it anymore". My fear of side effects definitely outweighs any thoughts of drinking...I've read lots of horror stories about what happens if you drink and Antabuse, and I am just not willing to risk it!
                            Yep, I've heard some pretty scary things about the effects of alcohol and antabuse together...yikes!

That's interesting about the zero cravings once you take it, though...sometimes, I think a good portion of our cravings come from knowing that we could take a drink if we so desire. The antabuse seems like a good, no-nonsense approach to abstinence. I'll be watching your progress, K9Lover!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome VMarie
                              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Coco-Nut... so glad your back! For a while there I thought you let that "Right Plank", trip you over board.

runningwind
                                The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Working...
                                X