Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I agree with you Spam about age!! I was married for 20 years, divorced, have 2 daughters - 2 grandchildren, had a partner on and off for 8 years and I'm only 46!!
    Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am proud to day I have been married to Papa Bear 19 years this June. Can't believe he hasn't kicked me to the curb yet.....
      I always planned to go to Europe for our 20th anniversary next year.....we'll see.....looks like we may just be sharing a Happy Meal at McDonalds ,but that's ok!!!!
      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

BTW....Nora and Papmom
        I bought some Lglut powder and tabs yesteday at GNC .....so I am gonna double barrel it here....when i binged on Monday I had run out of L-glut
        also,Pap......I have klonopin for anxiety...very mild, no hangover, makes me sleep like a baby.......DEMAND it from your doc....tell him you are all stressed out at work or something....
        ok....now I really have to go to work for Satan.....xoxoxoxoxoxo
        I love my family more than alcohol.:h
        Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

MB - as long as you have each other that's the main thing! 19 years is amazing (in June..) - congrats to you both..
          Hi to everyone else, about to hit the sack.. been a busy day with work, and my little boy.. still trying to save up to move out of the city and somewhere quieter.. who knows where we will be by the end of the year!.
          Hope everyone is well..
          Katie xx
          "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

day 3 is over

Hello every one,
            I have finished my third day AF. YaY! L identify with many of your stories. I find it very hard to stay off the grog when my husband is away overnight or for a few days. It feels like if no one sees me then it doesn't really count. Except I see me. You're strategies, Fennell, will help me next time. I'm off to bed now. I didn't get the headache as expected, so I had a good day. Swapped the wine for tonic water at 5pm and went OK.
            Thinking of you all.
            Tant
            Tant
            AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

day 3 is over

Hello every one,
              I have finished my third day AF. YaY! I identify with many of your stories. I find it very hard to stay off the grog when my husband is away overnight or for a few days. It feels like if no one sees me then it doesn't really count. Except I see me. You're strategies, Fennell, will help me next time. I'm off to bed now. I didn't get the headache as expected, so I had a good day. Swapped the wine for tonic water at 5pm and went OK.
              Thinking of you all.
              Tant
              Tant
              AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Mollyka. I knew we had started around the same time but didnt know if was the same day. Feels good doesnt it!
                Take care. xxxxxxxxxxxxx
                I finally got it!
                "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

:goodjob: im not yet a/f but will try to be tmorrow

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning Nesters,

Very sunny in my end of the Nest - going all the way up to 90 degrees today, record heat!! A mere 2 months ago were were in the midst of a blizzard, go figure

Wishing everyone a very happy humpday!
                    Lav
                    AF since 03/26/09
                    NF since 05/19/09
                    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Panno;834315 wrote: I agree with you Spam about age!! I was married for 20 years, divorced, have 2 daughters - 2 grandchildren, had a partner on and off for 8 years and I'm only 46!!
                      Oh my goodness! You must have been a child bride! :H

I've got a 10 year old and I'm 39. Not looking to be a granny for another 20 years yet!

Spam xx

Comment

Newbies Nest

You are right Spam I was :H:H Would not of changed a thing - my x-hubby and I are still very very good friends, I guess we were the lucky ones, we divorced because we just grew apart, he worked away from home and I don't believe in absense makes the heart grow fonder because in my case it just made me forget (or to put it bluntly the Wine made me forget) anyway thats another story!! Love my daughters to death and my grandchildren We do have something in common Spam - both our lives, albeit different, started when we were 39 :H:H:H
                        Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, nestlings! Things are rainy and cool at my end of the nest. Thanks to all those who checked in on me last night- I'm happy to inform you that entire movies can be viewed on Youtube (although in ten or eleven segments)...it really helped to pass the time.

:thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

tantangra;834329 wrote: Hello every one,
                            I have finished my third day AF. YaY! I identify with many of your stories. I find it very hard to stay off the grog when my husband is away overnight or for a few days. It feels like if no one sees me then it doesn't really count. Except I see me. You're strategies, Fennell, will help me next time. I'm off to bed now. I didn't get the headache as expected, so I had a good day. Swapped the wine for tonic water at 5pm and went OK.
                            Thinking of you all.
                            Tant
                            It's hard when the spouse is away...I always took it as permission to go completely wild. And you're so right...it's not really a freebie because we know what we've done.

You're doing great, tantangra!

Comment

Newbies Nest

mollyka;834218 wrote: Nice one HippyC, me too! Guess we'll just pop a kitkat!!!
                              :goodtime:
                              Mmmmm....kitkats! :whee:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Anniversary HC!! That is awesome!! I wanted to insert a really cool smiley in celebration but can't get the expanded program to work.

good morning fellow nesters!! it's beautiful here today-close to 85 later on. I've been doing some running/jogging these past 2 weeks and took the dogs for one when I got home last nite-it was great!! Going to do it again in about 1/2 hour before it gets too hot for them. I've lost almost 8 lbs since going AF (except for those 2 at Easter) and if I can get a handle on the sugar cravings I bet i will lose even more. One thing I have done is buy some sugar free jello cups and some real whipped cream. I have that after dinner and really feel like it's pretty much a guilt free treat. this week NO ONE brought easter candy into work - Yea!! And, even tho I made small easter baskets for the whole family, I gave mine to my dog walker so I'm hoping those cravings are on the way out (there are still jelly beans in the fridge tho LOL!!).
                                I had the worst nite ever last nite. Was still up at 2am so broke down and took a benedryl. Not sure if I even got 3 hours sleep. I turned the alarm off at 6 and decided to take the whole day off from work instead of driving an hour in for 4 hours and then going to the docs. I woke back up at 8am. I will be very persuasive with her today that's for sure!!
                                Have a great day/evening everyone-I'll check back in after my appointment.
                                New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Working...
                                X