• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

I hope you feel better soon, mama bear...:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning nesters!!

I don't have time to say everything that I want to say. And boy do I have a lot to say. :H Considering that I am the shy one that doesn't speak up, I really get on here and bend your ears don't I?

I think I remember you married 32 years? Same as me! - As they say you get less time for Murder he he!!
      Molly - You mean that I could have murdered him 32 years ago and I could be free already? :H

HANG IN THERE EVERYONE!!! WE ARE GOING TO DO THIS!!!

Sometimes, it's just a baby step at a time....but, we are going to do this.

COFFEE IS ON!! DIET COKE IN THE FRIDGE. AND THIS MORNING FOR A CHANGE, I AM SERVING JUICE WITH SOME L-GLUTAMINE POWDER ON THE SIDE FOR THOSE THAT ARE INTERESTED.
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;833870 wrote:
        COFFEE IS ON!! DIET COKE IN THE FRIDGE. AND THIS MORNING FOR A CHANGE, I AM SERVING JUICE WITH SOME L-GLUTAMINE POWDER ON THE SIDE FOR THOSE THAT ARE INTERESTED.
        Hmmm....I might give some of that a try...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fennel - It has gotten me thru some BAD cravings. Seriously. I ran out of it and my son is supposed to be buying more. (He uses it in his protein shakes when he works out) I hate to keep bugging him about buying more. But, I really need to get some.:upset:
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;833874 wrote: Fennel - It has gotten me thru some BAD cravings. Seriously. I ran out of it and my son is supposed to be buying more. (He uses it in his protein shakes when he works out) I hate to keep bugging him about buying more. But, I really need to get some.:upset:
            I'll take a walk to the co-op today and get some...if it stops raining! What dosage do you take?

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm really not sure. I just take a big heaping spoonful and mix it in a little glass of juice about 3 times a day. Actually less now that I'm taking Topamax. I only use it once or twice a day. But, I still need it for those times when the cravings strike. Especially at night.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yep, nights are the worst.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just to let folks know...my partner is going away on business overnight (tonight). I'll be sticking close to the nest tonight. I'd be lying if I told you drinking hadn't crossed my mind.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone!
                    Hope you're all doing well today. I am on day 5 of this journey. You have all been a source of encouragement and inspiration for me, and I thank you for that!
                    :h K9
                    :heart:I love my daughter more than alcohol:heart:

Believe in yourself. You are stronger than you think.

Comment

Newbies Nest

K9Lover,roud: :goodjob: on day 5 AF. I wish you endless more!

runningwind
                      The greatest discovery of my generation is that a human being can alter his life by altering his attitudes of mind. William James (1842-1910)

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;833891 wrote: Just to let folks know...my partner is going away on business overnight (tonight). I'll be sticking close to the nest tonight. I'd be lying if I told you drinking hadn't crossed my mind.
                        Hi Fennel...(and to all others in the nest)... Stirly here...
                        I just happened on your post and wanted to say something.
                        First - good for you planning to stay close to the nest tonight when your partner will be away. I know there is amazing support for all the members here - not just the "newbies". You've mentioned a couple of times that the nights are the hardest. Don't know about you but I was a "night drinker". Never ever had the urge to have a drink during the day but come 7:30-8:00pm - my eyes would keep going to the clock and I would think - okay, in another hour, hour and a half, I can start to drink... woohoo.. just a little bit longer. I was gonna "treat" myself. Then an hour or so later, I would sit in my office and get pie-eyed and what was the result? Nothing positive that's for sure. Feeling lousy the next morning and beating myself up about the fact that I drank again...every day. I'm sure you already know situations like this. What I'm trying to say is that if you change the way you think about AL, it can really help you stay strong in your determination to win this battle. AL is not something we "treat" ourselves to, nor is it something we "deserve". It's poison and it only does us harm. I have a couple of sayings that I've posted here at my desk for times when I may be tempted to reach for a drink. The one says.....it takes less effort to get through the "witching hour" than it does to get through a whole day with a hangover". The other says..."what would be the point". The second one is my favorite. It applies to many things....what would be the point of having even one drink when I know I can't stop.... what would be the point of getting drunk when I'm only going to feel lousy physically and mentally tomorrow... what would be the point of taking a chance on a blackout and maybe injuring myself... what would be the point of erasing all that I have accomplished being AF by taking that first drink again..
                        Just a little something to think about when you're alone and the thought of AL slips across your mind.... like it does for most of us.
                        Hope you can stick to your plan of getting comfy in the nest and pamper yourself with something that has nothing to do with AL... it's not as hard as it seems and tomorrow you will definitely be glad you did...
                        Stirly
                        For every 60 seconds that you are angry, you lose a minute of happiness.
                        AF since 10/10/2015:yay:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yep Nora we could be two gamey old ex-cons out on de razzle!!!
                          Fennel, I'm getting what you're saying, if my hubby was away for the night I KNOW the thought 'get teenager to bed early and then noone would know', DON'T DO IT!!!! You'll be stuck with me posting all night if you want!!
                          Now pleeeeeeeease someone tell me something to make me sleep, looked for melatonin (spl?) Lav but not around in Ireland I think, no good ordering from here and stuff, have never done that and now I have a new front door with no letterbox (honest to God!!!! the kitchen builders put it up) so I would have no hope anyway
                          Hi All posting since this morning, I'LL BE BACK!
                          Molly:h
                          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Don't worry, stirly and molly...I've gotten pretty good at "fast forwarding" to the morning after. The part where I wallow in self-loathing. I'll be spending my evening right here!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Fennel you still with us!!!!!!!!!! I'll be back in 10 mins he he!
                              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone

Quick check in before heading off to work.

MollyKa and NoraC - I'm in the 32 club as well. Where did all that time go.

Fennel - good strategy to fast forward to the hangover. Who wants one of those? Not putting my hand up mate!

Stirly - I copied those sayings of yours. Really help when the wobblies hit. I also think about the fact that if my drinking is bad now it will be worse in 12 months time unless I stop.

K9 - good job on day 5. It is so worth it.

Tranq - golfing in the rain must be just as bad as fishing in the rain - only golf doesn't smell as bad!

4my health - we need to re-program ourselves now. My Dad always told me to shut up and that kids should be seen and not heard. The worst one was that kids should always do what adults tell them to do!!!! Oh my!!!! I am 50 now and still trying to learn how feel good about myself and relate to others.

Lav - Thanks as always for your words of wisdom. It took me a lot of practice and a long time to be able to drink the way I did so I must realize it will take time to mend. Patience -what a virtue.

Tant Spud Hippy - sending you all lots of encouragement today. Hope you enjoy an af one.

Panno - good job on starting again. Climb back up here - you don't want to miss NoraC's snacks!!!!

MammaB - Sending you lots of huggles. I wish I had a magic wand to wave and make everything right for you. Will be thinking of you especially today.

KatieB - Hang in there hon. Will be thinking of you and your beautiful little boy today. Hope you have a good day and something really nice happens for you.
                                To anyone else I missed - luv to you and hope you have a good day/night.

Talk to you all again soon - must go to work now - yeeha!!!
                                Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Working...
                                X