Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Please keep an eye on your kitty, Nora...she's pretty young to be a mom. I found this link that tells you what to look for, both good and bad. That way, you can tell if you need to hustle her tail off to the vet!

Cat Giving Birth - The Way Kittens Are Delivered

Comment

Newbies Nest

One day AF

Made it through Monday AF.
      Off to work now, thank you for all your support.
      Tant
      AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well done Tantangra, I haven't 'talked' to you before cos I went AWOL so you are so welcome. Remember how yuck day 1 can be and aim not to have to do it again!!
        Molly:welcome:
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Way to go Tantangra!!!! :goodjob:

Thanks for the link Fennel. I checked the calendar on the site and it looks like we might have another week or so then. Poor thing. We are watching her closely. We have a box all set for her in the house and one in the garage. So, far she wants to be in Molly's doghouse though. We did have one cat that was only able to give birth to one and and then we had to take her in for a cesarean for the rest of that litter. So, we definitely won't mess around.

Ok everyone.....Hang in there! :l
          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Everyone

Good going Tant on day 1. Thinking of you today - the sober one.

MollyKa - soooooo good to 'see' you again. I missed you. Wondered where you were and hoped you were OK.

Easter Break over for another year. Weather today is just georgeous. Would be wouldn't it cos have to go back to work. And I'm late now.

Anyway hope all of you have a great day/night and give the al a big miss.

Love and hugs to you all.
            Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am so stressed over the birth of the kitties....
              has anyone heard from twitch??
              I love my family more than alcohol.:h
              Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Mazzie, thanks for your good wishes, when I was lurking I noticed you mentioned me and it made me feel really good on a very low day - thanks a mill.
                Have a lovely Tuesday? I'm now going to bed Monday night - mad isn't it! At least we're both sober!!
                Molly:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

I had a miserable day. I have been sober 5 days so I know I should expect this. But I am so emotionally screwed up it just really stinks. I feel like crap.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Beanzy and Mollyka
                    Love and strength to you
                    I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                    Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Mama, how are you doing? Beanzy, as you say you already know it, but the first days are a rollercoaster, your body and mind are healing themselves, I don't know if it was the right thing to do but I just pampered myself to the exclusion of everything else for the first couple of weeks, nice food, rest, vegging at the tele., anything BUT booze, and certainly its not a time to try to think rationally or make decisions, just be kind to yourself - it will pass.
                      Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone. My computer crashed on Sunday so I havent been able to pop in when I want to. Have to wait for my husband to get off his laptop so I can get my fix.
                        Tantangra - welcome. Keep coming to visit us. If you need to know anything at all just ask. Someone usually has an answer or support. Even for cats in labour!
                        Beanzy - hang in there mate. It does get better. The first few weeks are rough, but there is a light at the end of the (very dark) tunnel.
                        Spam - we play on a golf course down south and there are hundreds of roos on the fairway. They are huge and just sit around. We have to walk around them! I have a great picture of my husband hitting a shot with about six roos standing around.
                        Reading back over the last few days, the common thread I see is loneliness. Isnt it sad that in todays world there are so many lonely people. One of the main reasons I drank was to give me the tools and courage to actually talk to people. I was always taught if I didnt have anything good to say, dont say anything. Which cuts out alot of conversation! So I dont really think I "learnt" the art of making a coversation with people. Like dancingon said, people think I am self-sufficent or aloof, because I often stand around by myself (at parties). People think I dont need to talk to others but it is because I dont know how. That is why I would always have a (few) "getting ready drinks" - mascara in one hand and wine in the other! It would relax me enough to throw out the rules I had learnt and just to talk to people. But in the end it meant that I was usually drunk before I got to the party.
                        That is one reason why sites like this are so important. We can have company when we like especially as this is a world wide web which means there is always someone here to chat to if we need to.
                        So for those of us who are lonely, please come and visit us when you need to. I know it is not the same as face to face, but it is better than being lonely.
                        I gotta run now, back to work even though the kids are on school holidays.
                        Take care and stay strong.
                        HC
                        I finally got it!
                        "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all,,
                          Beanzy - :welcome:.. hang in there, we are here for you.. it is hard in the beginning, but staying sober will help your brain chemistry return to normal.. be healthy, eat healthy and drink lots of water..
                          Mollyka - I hope you are feeling better today - remember we are here for you regardless of what you are going though.. you are doing so so well.. i wish i could say the same for myself.. ive given in and drunk on a couple of occasions.. i told myself it was to give myself courage for the internet dating site ive been going on - in fact, i found i was more witty and found more things to say when sober! so that is out of my "excuse pile" lol.. i want to stay AF now for as long as i can..
                          Hi MB - hope you are doing well,
                          Hi to everyone else, here's to a successful AF day,
                          Katie xxx
                          "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

beanzy;833581 wrote: I had a miserable day. I have been sober 5 days so I know I should expect this. But I am so emotionally screwed up it just really stinks. I feel like crap.
                            Beanzy, I'm having a day like yours, too. Just hang in there...we'll get through it. The moods are really hard to deal with at this stage! :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;833558 wrote: Way to go Tantangra!!!! :goodjob:

Thanks for the link Fennel. I checked the calendar on the site and it looks like we might have another week or so then. Poor thing. We are watching her closely. We have a box all set for her in the house and one in the garage. So, far she wants to be in Molly's doghouse though. We did have one cat that was only able to give birth to one and and then we had to take her in for a cesarean for the rest of that litter. So, we definitely won't mess around.

Ok everyone.....Hang in there! :l
                              I'm glad you're experienced with this sort of thing, Nora. Sounds like poor Molly will be getting evicted from her own house shortly!

Comment

Newbies Nest

HC - cross post! I know exactly what you mean - i only ever "knew" how to talk to people when drunk.. being sober, its like being born again, and having to learn social skills sober.. its so hard - even at the shops, i feel people can "see through me" and see my negativity and self-hatred.. though i know thats rubbish.. just waiting for my anti-depressants to work.. it is awful that so many people feel lonely.. there's no sense of community anymore like there used to be (before my time, but from what ive heard) - no-one seems to care about those of us without family - in the past, "odd one's out" or people on their own would get invited to join groups/families during holidays such as Xmas and Easter.. not anymore! we're left to cope alone.. i feel ive always been on the "outside" of groups of people - no-one in these groups ever wanting to make room for one more.. i have always felt like an outsider.. with my sense of humour not many people get (people think i am being rude but i am often just trying to make someone laugh so we can bond..).. oh well.. i hope eventually to find a group of people that will accept me for who i am (like on here, but in person!!! lol)
                                take care all,
                                Katie xxx
                                "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Working...
                                X