Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

gregorino;1162277 wrote: Way to stay busy! How many days now? Have you the supps, the CD's??
    Stay Close!
    third day over and done with, always a hard one for me to get past and today was no different, wanted fo drink, hated the thouht of never drinking again. ( i hate it when i talk to my best friend and can never remember tje conversation and what i'vesaid to him, had a long conversation with him before he went away last week and couldnt remember a word found out the next day he'd had wife probs again and still now have no idea what i said to him about it, anyway so today here i was hating the fact i can no longer drink whilst talking to him whilst regretting every drunken conversation ive ever had with him Crazy huh?)

Anyway i digress, i really wanted a drink was stressed out by dinnertime, we were going for a meal an excuse to drink wine you know how it is, found myself checking my purse to make sure i had enough cash to buy more wine when we got home. To cut a long story short i reluctantly ordered coke in the end sulked for half of the glass then realised i was so happy that i hadnt ordered wine afterall

tomorrow i will wake up sober and guiltfree

wishing everyone a good AF free weekend
    WHAT CAN I SAY? I DON'T WANT TO PLAY ANYMORE..

Just taking it day by day.......

Comment

Newbies Nest

SL i agree with you entirely missing the nightly log in here does have an affect to your thinking well it does to me anyway, grab a twig you ve come a long way in the last few months you can do it and reach your goal

greg, no sups or cds at the moment, i' ve just being flying round like mad the last few days and not had time to think. tomorrow i will sort out sups and vits and l glut, meditation cds and fine some me time to focus on the week and path ahead

Comment

Newbies Nest

SL, I am so sorry to hear of all the troubles you're dealing with right now.
        Your plan sounds good & please do stay tuned in to the Nest :l

LIS, we all have to learn new ways to deal with life sober. You will too ~ just keep hangiing in there & with us

BREAKING NEWS - one of my youngest hens, just 4 1/2 months old laid her first egg today :H
        It was tiny, cute & blue Byrdie

My plan for tonight is to park my butt out on the deck after 11 pm & see if I can get a glimpse of the meteor showers - they're usually pretty cool
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks for the support all!
          I will survive - just to spite him - have to come up with initials like LAV does for her other person!
          He just picked girls up, so feeling really down..
          Lav - when we were at home in England we could buy fresh eggs from home chicken owners - I can"t seem to find the same here in Ca, I love real eggs - what is sold in stores, even the expensive ones are nowhere close to real eggs, with lovely huge bright yellow yolks - ok, my mouth is watering - and Greg - just think what homemade ice cream would be with real eggs and real cream!!!
          “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Time to go plant myself out on the deck for an hour or so to try to catch the Perseid meteor showers. Weather is coolish so it should be nice

Wishing everyone a safe night in the Nest!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Cross post SL!

You should just call him PIG :H
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

that works!
                “The only courage you will ever need is the courage to live the life you want"

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters!

Friday night and I am tuckered out. Going to hit that bed so I can get up early Saturday, make a gratitude list, and exercise. So much to be thankful for.

Congrats to peeps who are racking up AF days....Flyaway, PR KEv, 4 me,...good for you guys and keep sticking with your plans!

Scottish Lass: Sounds like you have made enormous progress. When I read about all you are dealing with, and how your inner voice stops you from downing the whole bottle - well, congrats! You know deep down inside that drinking is not going to solve your problems....don;t give up!

I'm amazed at how many people on this thread seem to be tackling life's challenges AF. So encouraging and gives me such hope that I can do the same. The bottle can't cure --- just causes more problems...

LIS: So glad to see you are trying everything to quit (buying supplements, vitamins, etc), and good for you for ordering the soft drink! BUt my friend, you can take all the pills in the world but there's no cure until you MAKE the CHOICE to be AF. I say this because you said that you hate the thought of never drinking again. I could never move forward when I entertained that thought. And that thought was a trap. The image in my mind of me enjoying a "glass of wine" was not reality. I never stopped with a glass unless the glass was the size of a bottle!! Tell your addicted self, "Ok, I'll spend 5 minutes indulging that fantasy of me being a moderate drinker - that fantasy of me being able to enjoy life with booze and friends - AND THEN spend an equal amount of time remembering what brought you to this forum. Don't imagine the fantasy alcohol could play in your life but remember the REALITY of it: the havoc alcohol created in your life, the problems in your life that stem from drinking. Is that drink of POISON really worth it? Keep up the good work, keep busy, and stay in the nest.

Lavande: enjoy nature's fireworks!

Peace nesters

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good night my lovies! :h

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all, this going to be vacation thing is going to be the death of me. I don't have one second for anything but work. I was so hoping to take the cd's with me for major relaxation. How long can it take? I will catch up with everyone once I leave. I am going to take my laptop and hopefullly I can stay in touch and keep up on all of the nestiness.

Have a great weekend!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning everyone, man am I tired I slept like a log although I had the madest dreams and am shattered, woke up in a panic to get my Christmas shopping done, one of the dreams was it was Christmas Eve and I hadn't got my shopping done and was running round like mad buying presents, making presents etc, not the first time I've dreamed that this month so wonder what the meaing of that is:H

Life you are so right I do need to get past this fantasising being able to drink again, I know in my heart I can't, I know my one glass is always going to be the size of two bottles of wine and a side order of vodka or two.

When I woke up head full of the Christmas dream I took some me time and I visualised this Christmas being different, a table full of fizzy juices instead of wine, a couple of cans of Lager for my Dad, AF cocktails all round me being sober and happy.....

Lave hope you saw the showers I wish I was far enough North to see the Meteors, I've tried so many times on clear nights in the hope one or two may be visible, maybe one year I'll get to see them, I love anything to do with Astronomy, even went back to night school and did a couple of exam classes in it a couple of years ago.

4me, getting ready for hols? I know I spend a week rushing round non matter how organised I try to be, how can it be so hard to pack a few things in cases huh?

SL hang on in there keep busy and distracted, think how wonderful you will feel getting through and remaining sober and guilt free

Hugs to you all and happy Saturdays:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Saturday morning Nesters!

Sorry to report no meteors were visible last night ~ moon was way too bright
                          Enjoyed some quiet time listening to the night sounds though & wondering who/what was making them :H

SL, hope your day is kinder & gentler!

life & FlyAway,both you're sounding very good

4me, I hope you packed your positive attutude! Dumping the negative thinking really helped me so much! If you take your laptop with you, log on here for a dose of 'Lavan-ittude' whenever yuo need it :H Don't forget my other fav website for pumping up your gratitude level:
                          www.todoinstitute.com

LIS, I get the feeling Christmas is important to you
                          I have to tell you the past two AF Christmas seasons for me were the best. Keep that in mind while you do your shopping!

OK, time to get some yard work done as tomorrow is going to be a rain day.
                          Wishing everyone a great AF Saturday!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lavande- congrats on the egg!
                            Bryd- hope things go ok with the doctor for your hubby.

I am being inundated with social events lately which I am coping quite well with but it is taking lots of energy. Had a night away with girlfriends- did well there as they are proper friends & not the AL pushing ones that need to be avoided. Stayed up chatting until 2am & got up early the next morning for a run.
                            Last night was a family night out- hubby decided not to have wine as I wasn't-that was a first. After the meal I took the kids to the park- hubby normally does that while I finish off the wine. Was working this morning- with a lovely clear head.
                            Now tonight we are going to the neighbours for dinner. There will be a big group there & they all drink lots. They think that I drink lots with them- they have no idea I am off it. Will use my planned 7 mile run tomorrow morning as my excuse as I am not in the mood for their questions. They are very nice people but their social lives are very wine based. And I have been in there on many occasions, even had a big blackout after one night & was violently ill the next day. I have been a slow learner with AL but am getting there now.
                            Ha! Neighbours child just called in to say they are stuck for a lift home from the disco at 12.30 tonight as the local taxi has broken down- 6 x 15 year olds need a lift home, one of them is mine. I have now said I will collect them- no other parent can do it as their cars aren't big enough or they plan on drinking.
                            So am getting through lots of 'first times' without AL & am quite pleased with myself. Have been feeling a bit flat lately but am going to take the dog for a walk now & have a little talk to myself- usually works. At least the dog will be happy anyway!
                            SJ xxx :groupluv:

'We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act but a habit.' Aristotle

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good for you SarahJane ~ sounds like the universe is working on your behalf

PS: go look on the AF Daily thread for chicken & blue egg pics
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

sounds like you have a good plan Sarah jane

im signed in on my phone so i cant read all the posts but wishing you an AF Saturday night, day 4 almost over now so at the end of another AF day and looking forward to waking up sober again tomorrow

Comment

Working...
                                X