Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hi Betsy
    There's plenty of us new ones just starting out and quite a few starting again, so you're not on your own. Join in and enjoy.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Afternoon Nesters!

Hi & welcome Betsy Blue! Please just find yourself a comfy twig & settle in the Nest with us
      If you haven't already. download & read the MWO book from the Health Store. It's full of useful info about the program. Also, take a look in the https://www.mywayout.org/community/f1...box-27556.html for good ideas to help you make your plan.

Molly, I wish I could invite you over for a home cooked meal.......sorry about your kitchen. I'm grilling some chicken outside today to go along with a spicy brown rice salad

papmom, congrats on the weight loss - I wish I could get my weight moving. I did lose one pound last week!

Hi dancingon, hope your day is going well! Mama Bear, Chook & spam - what have you been up to?

I'll be back tonight.
      Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome BB! I haven't found a regular "home" on this site yet. I jump in all over the place. Feel free to do the same. But everyone has been very supportive. We're after the same thing - abstinence or controlled drinking. And we have all been in the same place -- out of control, and that we can all agree is a very bad place to be.

Hope to hear lots more from you.

Comment

Newbies Nest

How right you are Swede, it is a bad place. I too jump all over the site, its part of the fun, different folks talkin about different stuff and at different stages of ' the battle '!
          Lav, the grilled chicken sounds the business - lucky you.
          Papmom I also lost a lot of weight after giving up and thankfully so far seems to stay off - its a nice little bonus isn't it!
          Just watching the golf - don't reckon Tiger can do it now? Should have paid more attention to his golf hehe!
          Night all will check in tomorrow before work
          Molly
          Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
          contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone

Welcome Betsy and Swede good to have you in our nest. There's plenty of room - we all just move over.

Had a good weekend. Had an engagement party on Sat night and dinner with my fam last night at a pub but I did real good with the non-al drinks. I do think I have my head in the right place just now which makes all the difference for me and being able to not drink.

Today is start of day 8 and I feel good and am off to work now.

Will be thinking of you all today and hope you really enjoy your af day/night.
            Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Mazzie, Well done on the social sober weekend - I haven't really done that yet, I reckon you definitely have your head in the right place - nice one!
              Just going to bed here so reckon you'll be just finished work when I gettin up - odd!
              Molly
              Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
              contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning all,

Mazzie - definately well done with sticking to non-AL drinks in the pub, you did so well!
                Mollyka - I agree.. Tiger should be sticking to the golf.. why does fame turn some people so much that they have no morals or think they can get away with so much!
                I had a non-AL day yesterday.. felt good.. I worked in the afternoon which went well.. my ex has agreed not to contact me this week..thank goodness.. he stresses me out so much when I am trying hard to just get on with things.. looking after my son, working.. I can be done without the hassle from him.
                Day 2 today.. am working atm..
                Welcome Swede! :welcome:
                Hi to Lav, Tranq, MB, Nora, Chook and to everyone else that drops in,
                Katiexx
                "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi All,
                  It's been a very nice Sunday here in New England. I could have gone to a pap playdate about an hour away but unfortunately had procrastinated too much on doing my taxes so today was the day. I took the boyz on a lovely 1 hr walk around 4pm. I sure hope they are as tired as I am LOL!! So my taxes are done :yay:, we've had our exercise and water and now I'm sitting down to a Trader Joe's frozen dinner. They are wonderfully gourmet and very different from the usual fare. Not skimpy on calories and fat tho LOL!!
                  Molly, thanks for the weight loss compliment. I should be happy with the 7lbs but I really want it to be 40 LOL!! Hopefully I'll get there in the near future. I'm still working on getting this AF thing down so I'm not trying too hard to watch what I eat.
                  Swede, welcome to the nest. It's so nice here. I read alot on the other threads but don't always post there. Here is my "home" and I feel most comfortable posting here.
                  MamaB-how was your day at the lake? Hope you had a great time!!
                  OK, dinner has beeped!! BBL!!
                  New Birthday: May 8, 2010

"Because dwelling from, not upon, the space you want to inherit is the fastest way to change absolutely everything."[/i]-The Universe

KO the Beast!!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!

Well all good things this morning..was woken by hubby early.....,but then could not go back to sleep,so got up and took dog for a brisk walk before the sun came up! So feeling like I started the day with a 'bang' (hahah-I crack myself up!).

This will be Day 8 AF and the best run in ages for me! My plans today involve doing a weigh in on the Wii-fit, playing with the wee chicks, maybe going for a walk to a friends house for a playdate and then a drive to my Mum's for a cuppa in the arvo.(We are on school holidays over here,so need to keep the kiddies active and interested).

Other fasinating things in the life of Chook....I am taking mince out of the freezer to cook rissoles tonight.....and I have rediscovered the fun of doing jigsaw puzzles!!!

HOpe I have kept you all riveted and fully conversant in my totally compelling life.......*winx*

Chook:H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello again from another newbie

CatsMeow here. It's day 6 AF as you folks say. I made it through the weekend as well as a week off from work -- all that time at home alone and the freedom and temptation to say what the heck -- but I didn't. I really felt a sense of accomplishment for being determined to see this through and not give into the regular weekend crap. It was so much easier cleaning house with a drink or two as it seemed to make it more "fun." Refinished my bathroom to where it looks pretty much like after it was first painted and then cleaned the house. Today I'm taking over the counter space in the kitchen and cleaning everything!! Did you know a good side effect of not drinking was a cleaner house!! I read WIP's tool box and found some very good information and help there. I also read the article a member talked about by the lady in the Denver Post regarding moderation. Too early to tell about that aspect. For now, I think I'd like to be AF forever. I do need some practice navigating around the site, but am sure I'll get it down sooner or later! I may turn up everywhere for a while. Glad to have this site to "talk" to. Meow for now! :thanks:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Greetings, fluffy ones!

T'was a gorgy day here today - too bad I spent most of it playing in horse sh*t! Oh well, mucking barns is supposed to be therapeutic :H

Great to see/hear everyone stuck to their guns this weekend! Well done, nestlings!

Lav, your chicken and rice salad sounds wonderful but I'm not sure what exactly chook is cooking up there, down under!:H I took my crew out for a quick bite to eat tonight and just had a wonderful bath to soothe those muscles... I think I'm getting s l e e p y. May just make a cup of tea and crawl into bed Ahhhh... Sundays. Gotta luv em

Well, I hope you all have a good night and a splendid Monday morning (well, as splendid as they tend to be) - Night night!
                        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Back to day 1

Hi everyone,
                          I made it through the Friday night 5oth at the club, it was so boring!! I asked hubby and he said he was bored too so I can't blame being sober.
                          The husband of my deceased best friend, and their two wonderful teenage children came over by surprise and stayed overnight. It was so wonderful to see them and I drank a bottle of wine with them. I drank again on Sunday but Hubby had half the bottle so not such a blowout. I'm back to day one again today.
                          Next weekend we are travelling to Brisbane for the weekend where my family is. That is a hard one. Drinking is always part of the agenda when we stay in Brisbane. What do I do? I can't get used to the idea that I will never drink again.
                          Glad to be back.
                          Tant
                          Tant
                          AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good evening Nesters,

Sunni - you have clean horse stalls today & I have a clean chicken coop - yes, life is wonderful

Chook, you have to tell us what is rissoles????

Tant, it will have to be your decision in the long run, of course. Believe it or not, you can continue life sans AL & enjoy it!!! Just give it a try for a while.

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the Nest!
                            Leaving the night light on........

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lav - rissoles are Ozzie speak for meatballs.. or burger patties.. similar kind of thing
                              "It works if you work it, because you are worth it!!!"

:groupluv:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Thanks Katie..............I never would have guessed
                                I learn something new here almost everyday!!!
                                AF since 03/26/09
                                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Working...
                                X