No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Justine, high expectations from myself have been a downfall in the past. Relax into your sobriety and give yourself a break. Listen to how those ahead of us are living their lives now. They are productive and happy....and they started off the same way we did.
    In the early days there are a lot of changes happening.....time that we spent drinking and recovering now appears to need filled....this will come gradually.
    A good book and rest is enough for now.......no need to feel guilty.
    I never had sinus issues until this year and I intend to do something about it. Let me know how you get in....starting my cleanse tiday.....not the diet, just supplements for now.
    Day 16.......feeling fecking good!
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Originally posted by daisy45 View Post
      Got most of my blood results yesterday....all clear. Good news! I do know there is something as I have been so ill.....after reading Lizkers Candida thread, it is looking like this could be my answer. Got my supplements in the post today, so I will soon know if that helps.
      Hiya Daisy. Glad your blood tests look clear. Did u have a chest x ray? I'm no doc, but i recall once feeling low on energy and slightly fluey consistently for many weeks before seeing a doc. It was strange for me. Blood tests all clear, but doc also sent me for a chest xray. There he found an infection bordering on pneumonia. I didn't feel any discomfort in my chest at all. Anyway, just a thought. Cool post!

Happy 100 days Moni!

Best wishes to any other milestoners round these parts. You raaawk.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good Sunday morning Nesters,

Chilly but sunny here in my portion of the nest, warming up later
        I am making some headway getting my veggie garden planted & cleaning up perennial flower beds. Great way to spend your day, hangover free of course!

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day ahead!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Thanks for that Mr G......it is the one thing I didn't ask for as I was feeling ok again, but now you've made me think again. I actually thought one of the infections was so bad it may have been pneumonia.

Comment

Good morning All, Happy Sunday. It's Day 1 AGAIN FOR ME sadly. Wednesday night I caved. Here in this other city I work in (my biggest trigger), the romance of it all - which isn't really romantic for long as it turns out - got to me. I had been invited to dinner, and instead had this great idea of cooking at my house with these two friends, steaks, appetizers and you guessed it.... really great wine (a bottle for each of us). The first couple hours of the evening were wonderful. And so for 2 or 3 hours on Wednesday night, I was happy. And since then, I have been in my alcohol hell. Driven by cravings and feeling like shit. Constantly either wanting to drink or drinking and not ever really feeling that nice buzz again, but more just trying to not feel totally awful. It's amazing that the people around me can't tell that I'm drinking. My sister came into town the next day to stay with me (Thursday) and she for sure would have called me out if she suspected anything. I was going to have yesterday be my Day 1 but I couldn't deal with feeling that horrible for the day, so I saved it for today. I think back about that night (Wednesday) and was it worth it? ugh.

Comment

Forward thinking now Price.....keep your goal in mind. It won't take long to feel good again. You will eventually be able to enjoy those nights with friends alcohol-free but it takes time and practice....avoiding tough situations is crucial at the beginning.
              You're here...better day 1 sober than day 6 drinking!

Comment

Hi, All:

Byrdie, Mick and Daisy - so amazing that you got to meet in person! I imagine Byrdie and Mick talking in rhyme... Have a great trip, Byrdie. Ava and I had "plans" to get together for our 1,000 days - now I realize that is coming up soon! I wish I could figure out a way to get to Australia...

I can -When you feel like drinking on that trip, look back at that list you just posted, and remember all of the amazing things you've gotten since quitting. Then remember how bad you felt when you came here. Then realize you DO NOT want to go back there. Romanticizing drinking is one of the steps towards relapse. I find it useful to conjure up as much as possible the worst hangover/day I've ever had. There is absolutely NO WAY I want to go back there, and the romance comes right off.

Price - sorry you drank. I hope you can get right back on the horse. Tighten up your sober plan, and try to realize where it went wrong. See above.

Hope you all have happy, sober Sundays. Take care of yourselves, and don't drink, no matter what!

Pav

Comment

Spent the day touring the beautiful Irish countryside. This place sure has a lot of sheep! Itvis beautiful! We took a river cruise in Dingle Bay and saw the local dolphin, all very cool!
                  Killarney IS wonderful, Moni! Its a happening town! Congrats on your 100 days!
                  All good here, wishimg for better sleep, but otherwise, all is great! Im so glad I am not trying to carry that ball and chain of AL everywhere I go! Every hard craving I ever surfed has been worth it to get here. Dont give in, no matter what! Hang in, nesters! IM living proof this can be done! Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Originally posted by Pavati View Post
                    Hi, All:

Byrdie, Mick and Daisy - so amazing that you got to meet in person! I imagine Byrdie and Mick talking in rhyme... Have a great trip, Byrdie. Ava and I had "plans" to get together for our 1,000 days - now I realize that is coming up soon! I wish I could figure out a way to get to Australia...

I can -When you feel like drinking on that trip, look back at that list you just posted, and remember all of the amazing things you've gotten since quitting. Then remember how bad you felt when you came here. Then realize you DO NOT want to go back there. Romanticizing drinking is one of the steps towards relapse. I find it useful to conjure up as much as possible the worst hangover/day I've ever had. There is absolutely NO WAY I want to go back there, and the romance comes right off.

Price - sorry you drank. I hope you can get right back on the horse. Tighten up your sober plan, and try to realize where it went wrong. See above.

Hope you all have happy, sober Sundays. Take care of yourselves, and don't drink, no matter what!

Pav
                    hiya Pav...yes we had a great time,,
                    good fun and laughter ..no talking in rhyme,
                    to do such a thing ..now that would be crazy ,
                    it would bamboozle me .never mind Daisy..

then daisy went home up to the North,
                    with byrdie rounding up sheep for what she was worth,
                    we flew home,from Erins green shore,
                    no sunshine, just rain, no burnt head no more

so that was that..job sorted ,job done,
                    the end of a holiday,a friendship begun,
                    all this thru mwo....a site on the net
                    will it happen again? thats a cert dont even bet!!
                    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Pav,
                      Tomororrow we're heading to Limerick,
                      Not nearly as fun without Mick.
                      Ireland sure has been fun
                      and I hope when we're done
                      We look back at this time with a kick!
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening

Mick, Byrdie, Daisy... How amazing! It just shows that al was part of our journeys for some reason and that a lot of good will come out of this experience.

Tonight I am so GRATEFUL!
                        It is wonderful to be AF!

Taught my daughter a rhyme she has to say tomorrow for marks. She was LOUD and the same thing over and over - wasn't easy 😄, but I was patient.
                        Would have been a nightmare if I remembered halfway through getting blasted and laying semi paralyzed on the couch...

I like these numbers in the nest.
                        Moni- 100, congrats! Did you know that al cannot be detected in your hair anymore?
                        Pav - almost 1000. So inspiring! Wonder how that would feel?

Price - chin up! I also needed a day with a bit ( still a lot) of al to level out before I quit.

Daisy - thank you. I had a slow day that I deserved.

Good night Nest X
                        Last edited by Justme Again; April 24, 2016, 03:28 PM.

Comment

Oh goodness I sure didn't want to report back here as Day 1 but it is -I had the worst craving Friday in my mini vacation - I fought it for 4 hours and I think that is the key word "fought"----- I didn't surf it and let it be there instead I fought back and forth until I was worn out and gave in. Price I'm sorry you drank too - day 1 for us .....

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Byrdie, Mick & Daisy - so glad you enjoyed Ireland together
                            Byrdie, I brought a couple of sheep home from my trip in 2003. Now the grandkids play with them, ha ha!! Anyway, they fit nicely into my carryon bag.

Price & Ican -
                            Glad you didn't prolong the drinking but remember that it's always a choice for those like us. We have to choose to remain AF each & every day regardless of where we are & who we are with. I know triggers are a big deal in the beginning. How about making a list of your triggers & planning ahead for the next time? Better to be safe than sorry, right?

Justme, good job on the homework, ha ha! Been there & done that & lately I've been helping my grandson too!

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Finding out what my triggers are after some inward searching has helped me big time. I haven't always been successful in thwarting their progress, but i am much better equipped to deal with them when they arise. If i know what they are, and if i can see them coming, i can take action and head them off at the pass. And we always have our posse here to bounce off.

30 days for me today. Raawkin.

Take care out there and kick some cottin pickin arse.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

G, congrats on those 30 days! That is yooooge! Keep er going, mate!

Checking in here and staying accountable has kept me on point these last 5 years, after all this time, I am still glued in. I worked too hard to wander off and be on my own! Stick withbus and it will 'take'! Hugs to all! Byrdie
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X