No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thank you all for your kind and supportive words. Each one has lifted me up.
    Had my exit interciew today and it was tough to get thru. I broke down a couple times but he was ok with it and seemed to understand. I got a week's pay for each year, so that was nice. Putting a resume togther now and will see where they might be hiring. Off we go, I guess.
    I do feel like throwing up at all times. Really need some sleep. Hugs to alll, Im hanging in. Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

Byrdie, sending you love and support for the loss of your employment. Please take good care of yourself. You are such an asset to the world around you.
      "When you have faults, do not fear to abandon them." Analects of Confucius
      AF 11/12/11

Comment

Byrdie - I am thinking of you and sending you positive thoughts. :heartbeat::heartbeat:
        "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
        AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Dear Byrdie--

Every time I go to type swear words come out of my fingers. I've had to delete for the past 5 minutes. Are you farking kidding me? I am in shock that your company would do that for you after all you've put in. I really can't believe it. I am so very sorry that happened to you and not surprised but grateful that you're not thinking of booze. What a crock of s%&t.

You are an amazing, tough, resilient person, and I know you'll come out the other end - bruised and battered, but still in one piece.

Daisy - welcome back, always. Keep at it - you'll get it soon.

Night, Nest.
          Pav

Comment

Originally posted by kuya
            Byrdie ......You have been given a six month buffer to recover and then find your new passion

You have SO much talent, my dear, the universe had to do this to MAKE you use and share it more widely.

I am not blowing smoke up yer either.... your talent with cake making etc is beyond good, it is MINDBLOWING! Please believe in yourself and do that portfolio and send it to all and sundry... someone will snap you up!
            Indeed, and let's not forget top attitude all round, a work ethic that is second to none, an intelligent, life affirming creative spirit, pro-active 'can do' attitude, compassionate caring person who as we see here all the time, is always willing to walk with you if you are in trouble.

Priceless qualities. Oh, and did i mention the lady is a real looker too? :thumbsup:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

hiya byrdie...well good for you ...your resume will be a good one,I know it will so dont sell yourself short on it..you have a vast experience of dealing and working with people,as well as the knowledge gleaned through your life as well as the last employment...you deal with people each and every day,supporting and understanding in a both sympathetic and empathetic manner..what ever you turn your hand to ,you will succeed,failure isnt an option ..cake making and jewellry are prime examples...in life quittin drinking was a massive success for you too...
              all I would suggest is dont even think about taking a job that involves trams ..you/we aint so hot at that!!
              seriously tho...get the grief ,anger ,angst etc out of your hair,move on and show them what they have lost..........talking about lost..dont forget that tua in the car when it goes back!!!!! :yay: :hug:
              af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good morning Nesters,

It's pouring rain in my neck of the woods, oh well. I'm starting to forget what the sun looks like.

Byrdie, I am not totally familiar with the business world but what's the point of the exit interview when you are leaving by their choice? I spent my time working in hospitals who always want people to stay, not that they did anything to make it easy for you. I am sure you will land in a good place so please just take some time to breathe & relax a little :hug:

Wishing everyone a good AF day.
                My first challenge is to try to get my elderly out the door for a few minutes - this won't be easy, ha ha.

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

So 26 days in and I'm getting these low grade headaches. I'm managing stress, plenty hydrated, been getting regular exercise, eating right and getting 8 hours of sleep. What gives? Annoying...

Happy AF Friday,
                  -Fin
                  Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                  Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Fin
                    you stopping caffeine?
                    Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Originally posted by Samstone View Post
                      Fin
                      you stopping caffeine?
                      No, but i only have 20 oz / day?

Comment

I just ask cause cutting back or stopping caffeine can do the do for headaches. Sometimes stress can factor in as well. Tension.
                        Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Originally posted by Samstone View Post
                          I just ask cause cutting back or stopping caffeine can do the do for headaches. Sometimes stress can factor in as well. Tension.
                          Yeah, that's why I'm a little confused. I haven't cut back caffeine since I really don't drink that much anyway. It's one 20oz cup in the AM nursed over about 2 hours. I don't feel stressed. I have to believe its my brain rewiring itself to be the better me! Regardless, thanks for the input. Hope all's well with you? Are you still fiddling? I have a trio gig tonight I'm really looking forward to. Mando, guitar and a monster on stand up bass -- all acoustic

Comment

Originally posted by Fin View Post
                            I have a trio gig tonight I'm really looking forward to. Mando, guitar and a monster on stand up bass -- all acoustic
                            Break a leg!

Another beautiful day in Central Florida. It was 54 when I got up this morning and slept with the window open for what will probably be the last time until November. Too bad the evening was ruined by a loud Cinco de Mayo party going on a couple of blocks away. I really hate being a buzzkill, but when that loud thudding bass from the techno music they were blasting was still going on at 11:45pm, I finally had to have Orlando's finest shut it down. The irony is it's not even a holiday in Mexico save for one state, which makes Donald Trump's inappropriate Cinco de Mayo tweet yesterday all the funnier.

Took advantage of the great weather yesterday and went on a 20 mile bike ride with a friend. The wind was vicious, but we still averaged almost 13 mph, and there are several long, slow grades that make this ride a real challenge. Today is shaping up to be another beautiful day, so I'm going on a walk with my ex-wife when I finish work this afternoon.

IMG_2807.jpg
                            First, a man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man. --Chinese proverb

Comment

Byrdie,

Past few days I have been feeling sick of my job. Bit depressed ... While most if the time I do enjoy wha t I do but then last few weeks I have not been enjoying my job !!

But then ... I see your post ... I wish you very best. I am sure there will be new opportunity on your way. Hang on and take care ...
                              Rahul
                              --------------------------------------------
                              Rewiring my brain ... done ...
                              Updating brain "attitude" firmware ... done ...
                              Rebooting ... done ...
                              Restarted program called "Life" ... started successfully ...

Comment

I can't tell you all how much your supportive words mean to me. I turned my car in to (minus the tuna in the trunk, Mick!!). I was talking with a guy in the office who just laid off 87 of his group. Scary times for all....not just me.
                                I spoke with a head hunter this morning and I am optimistic. I have a lot of decisions to make ....what's important and what's not worth it. My first pass at a resume stunk, so I am still at it.
                                Gosh, yall....you just can't imagine how lucky I feel to have a support group like you all. I am also grateful that I have good solid AF time under my belt so that isn't an issue. That is actually the LAST thing I need! OMG can you imagine???
                                I am putting to use all of the tools I learned right here in this nest....one day at a time....one hour at a time, if necessary! The only way out is through!!
                                Happy Friday, everyone! THANK YOU, Byrdie
                                All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                                Tool Box
                                Newbie's Nest

Comment

Working...
                                X