No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Kids here from 7.45 today.....a noisy start to the day! My previous sober time is standing by me this time...sleeping well and up bright and early., so anyone who has fallen, get back as soon as you can to limit the damage.
    Started reading a book yesterday....read 4 chapters around Christmas and had to start over as I forgot what happened.
    My only news today is I am sober and happy......and that's enough!
    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
      G, congrats on those 30 days! That is yooooge! Keep er going, mate!

Checking in here and staying accountable has kept me on point these last 5 years, after all this time, I am still glued in. I worked too hard to wander off and be on my own! Stick withbus and it will 'take'! Hugs to all! Byrdie
      see you managed to get up in time!!!!have a great day ..its raining here
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good Monday morning Nesters!

Congrats on your 30 AF days G! Keep going :welldone:

Glad you are doing well Daisy

Hi there Byrdie, Mick & everyone dropping in today.
        Let's all make this a wonderful AF day!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi Nesters

Today was a typical monday. I still get a bit of fear going to work, but once I am there it is ok.

Physically I am really tired and had a bad head ache. Appetite still good! 😄

Ican & Price - hope your day 2 went well.

G-man - happy 30 days!

Have a good evening. X

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Where is everyone today?

Justme, good to see you & now that Monday is over I really hope the rest of your week is easy

I did accomplish most of what I set out to do today & the tax refund arrived, yay! Although almost half of it will go the accountant to pay him, ha ha, oh well!!

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!
            Hang on guys

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Afternoon nesters

Moni happy 100+ days for you, a big congrats on that.
              Mr G 30 woo hoo to you.

Byrd, Mick and Daisy how lovely to have met each other in real life. It is nice to put a face to our names. Glad you all enjoyed yourselves.

I have been visiting my sons, not much net which is a great way to not worry about anything. I didnt even log into MWO, i nearly feel like a grown up now but i did have withdrawals.

My son had his court case today with no conviction and just community service which was fantastic news. Maybe soon cannabis will be legalised for growing for medicinal purposes. It was funny as a woman before my son was up for her 3rd drink driving charge. three times the legal limit this time. She told the judge that she now only has two drinks on a Monday and two on a Saturday. I thought to myself "bullshit". As an alcoholic listening to another alcoholic i now realise the lies we will tell to justify the means. I would have done the same thing if it was me in my drinking days. She lost her license for four years and as the judge said "it is not only you that could die it is also someone else". I realise i am truly one of the lucky ones to be beating this addiction.

Oh Pav who would have thought 1000 days could actually be on the horizon. When we first said that i thought that that would never happen in a million years, now it will arrive and disappear and we will be on to 2000.

Take care x
              AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

You know G... one of the reasons I quit was because of terrible headaches.
                Turns out they continue (still glad I stopped drinking though) and I am now doing a mindfulness course and my head is slowly feeling a lot better.
                It is something I wish I had found 25 years ago to be honest!

Originally posted by Guitarista View Post
                Finding out what my triggers are after some inward searching has helped me big time. I haven't always been successful in thwarting their progress, but i am much better equipped to deal with them when they arise. If i know what they are, and if i can see them coming, i can take action and head them off at the pass. And we always have our posse here to bounce off.

30 days for me today. Raawkin.

Take care out there and kick some cottin pickin arse.
                (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Good Tuesday morning Nesters,

Ava, so glad everything turned out OK for your son. The state I live in just passed a medical marijuana bill last week. The health department will regulate 25 processors/growers, along with 50 dispensaries, which may have up to three locations each. That makes about half of the states here in the US with similar bills. I know the proponents of this compassionate bill worked long & hard to get it passed.
                  Glad you're feeling like a grownup now, ha ha!!!!

Eloise, chronic headaches are so challenging. I'm happy to hear you are finding relief

Lots of things on my 'to do' list today including getting to the polls to vote on this Primary election day.

Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09

Comment

A nice easy day today...only 5 young ones...3 of them after school.
                    One 4 yr old last week told me I was old because I had an ugly face....today a 5 yr old looked into my eyes and asked why I was so wrinkly!
                    You can't argue with what a child sees but definitely does nothing for your ego. The little one today felt bad and started telling me I was 25.....that'll do me!
                    IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                    Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Limerick has been wonderdul , we went all over the countryside. We are pooped but are so happy to have seen so much of southern Ireland. A beautiful country! Heading back to Dublin tomorrow and we fly home Thursday. My work email isnt working at all (I called telesupport before I left, I think they disabled the darn thing!). We have had an amazing trip!
                      Went to a castle for dinner last night, they immediately handed out grog. I poured mine into hubs' glass. During dinner, the lady across from me started getting louder and louder the more she drank. She insulted the lady on the other side of her calling her 'the OLDER generation'. And on the bus on the way home she asked our tour guide if he was gay. I was so embarrassed for her.....that was me not so many years ago.... Loud and talkative. She didnt mention any of it today, if she is like me, she doesnt remember it. Im just GLAD that wasnt me!
                      Lav, saw this and wanted to grab it for you but it was about 3 feet long and wouldnt fit in my suitcase!
                      image.jpg
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

oh, and I might add I would have never figured out anxiety is at the base of my headaches had I not quit.
                        It just would have gone on and on.
                        And because I did quit now I am on a mission to improve my artwork. There was no time for my own art before because of work and that other full time job I had going after school of drinking wine from 4-8. Glaaad that phase is over!
                        (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Originally posted by daisy45 View Post
                          A nice easy day today...only 5 young ones...3 of them after school.
                          One 4 yr old last week told me I was old because I had an ugly face....today a 5 yr old looked into my eyes and asked why I was so wrinkly!
                          You can't argue with what a child sees but definitely does nothing for your ego. The little one today felt bad and started telling me I was 25.....that'll do me!
                          jeez..just as well they didnt see me..!!!when I as on the bus back from Dublin to Stillorgan..a young lady asked me how old I was..when I said 19 she never even questioned it..her name was Katie...she was with her mother..ok ok she was only 4 ...so??
                          af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Originally posted by Eloise View Post
                            And because I did quit now I am on a mission to improve my artwork. There was no time for my own art before because of work and that other full time job I had going after school of drinking wine from 4-8. Glaaad that phase is over!
                            I now have more time AND energy to actually follow through and finish my musical compositions. It really is some sort of universal, cosmic even crime isn't it for a creative person to turn their back on their calling?

I would add not being present as a lifestyle as possibly a cosmic crime, but a waste of time nonetheless.

I'm kinda glad your work email isn't responding to you on your holidays Byrdy! Eire is just the best place. Safe travels.

Have a bewdy out there Nesters.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

The weather folks had us all geared up for a huge storm but all it did was rain for about 60 seconds. Ha ha!!

Daisy, my grandsons have started point out gray hairs & other imperfections, ha ha!!! Don't take it personally

Byrdie, glad you are enjoying your trip!
                              Omg, I'll have to look for that umbrella online - it's a hoot!!!

Eloise, getting a handle on chronic pain is a big deal. I hope you continue to grow & blossom :hug:

Hi there Mick & G!

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest.

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Morning Nest!

Up early. Going to fetch my son today to spend some time with me.

Just another thing that al messed up. A year ago when I had to move again... I was an alcoholic mess. Screamed at kidz while packing boxes... He started missing his dad. I said he could go live there, so he did.😭
                                I miss him terribly!!

Today 3 weeks sober.

Hopefully this time will be special. And hopefully he comes back someday...

Have a good AF Wednesday. X

Comment

Working...
                                X