No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

good for you ...well done..that is a well done for keeping it altogether..I guess in a past life you would have done..what we all have done,and come round just about chrimbo time!!fingers crossed for you and the head hunter ..tried to pm you but the mailbox is full..chin up..
    af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Hi Nest

Byrdie- hope you are feeling better? It is sad to read how you are impacted on different levels. Identity, emotionally and financially. Really awesome that you quit al a long time ago. Confidence and ability to see things through are benefits from our experience. Glad to hear you got some money to help for a few months. Hope you get answers and a calmness about this change soon.

Comment

Got very sick yesterday!!
        Had to drive 2 hrs to the city to get an important payment done AND get the proof of it directly.
        Halfway though the trip I started feeling really bad.
        Lets just say that driving with a fully loaded diarrhea bomb while blasting the ac on highest setting to prevent vomiting...isn't fun!!
        Had to phone my ex mother in law and ask to use her bathroom. After 2 hours she said I should rather stay the night.
        So I spent last night around a table with people I have not seen or spoken to in 3 years. Sober!
        Weird!

Comment

As weird as it was, it got me thinking. 3 years ago I was an angry person drinking waaay to much and fighting ugly.
          Humbling experience. My faults, their faults... Still thinking about it and how al played a big role in it.

Comment

Also the experience of getting sick and realizing I am sick. I always contributed unwell feelings with al side effects and would take me a couple of days to figure out that I am sick.

But, the sudden stomach flu was a bit dramatic...

It is also more comfortable to puke repeatedly when you have a mucosal lining in your throaght!
            Didn't feel like lava.

Comment

I wanted to eat and drink something special on 30 days (yes, I did it!), but rehydrant and toast is fine for tonight.

Comment

Fin - I have also been struggling with head aches and do a lot less healthy stuff than you. Hope it goes away quickly, because, yes its very annoying.

Daisy - think you have reason to be livid. 9 days and all her stress. Not cool on his and his family's part, but just my opinion.

Aihfl - interesting posts about step 5 and connection with others. Have never considered AA because of what my father said, so it helps to hear it from your side.

Out of energy...
                Will check in tomorrow.
                Good night. X

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

First of all Congrats on your 30 AF days Justme!
                  Sorry you are feeling less than stellar but your story had me riveted. Feel better soon!

Fin, sounds like you have quite an evening ahead, have fun.
                  Headaches come in all sorts of shapes & sizes. Maybe yours is allergy or weather related? That's mostly what gets me. I hope you feel better soon as well.

Aih, I live out in the sticks these days so neighborhood parties are a real rarity. I can remember so very annoying noise in my hometown though. Sounds like your weather is pretty perfect. It's still just raining here in PA.

Byrdie, take some time to decompress lady!!!
                  You deserve a bit of a break after all this!

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest.

Lav
                  AF since 03/26/09
                  NF since 05/19/09
                  Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Following.....and sorry Bird��
                    The easy way to quit drinking?:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ow0lr63y4Mw

Comment

Well done on 30 days booze free Justine! Bravo! More, more!

Hi Overit. Hope you are well.

A full body massage for the lady perhaps Byrdy? in one of those joints that has a (natural) spa/springs and all sorts of pampering.

Day 42 almost done and dusted. Lets git it!

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good Saturday morning Nesters!

Yes, it is still raining in my neck of the woods, ugh. This is getting tiresome & oh so muddy. My chickens are up to their knees in mud, ha ha!

Great job on 42 G

Overit, what's going on with you?

I intend to stay as busy as possible today & hopefully not even notice the nasty stuff outside
                        Wishing everyone a terrific AF day!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Fin View Post
                          Yeah, that's why I'm a little confused. I haven't cut back caffeine since I really don't drink that much anyway. It's one 20oz cup in the AM nursed over about 2 hours. I don't feel stressed. I have to believe its my brain rewiring itself to be the better me! Regardless, thanks for the input. Hope all's well with you? Are you still fiddling? I have a trio gig tonight I'm really looking forward to. Mando, guitar and a monster on stand up bass -- all acoustic
                          still fiddling.... always learning more of what to do and what not to do! Hope you gig went well. Love the sound of stand up bass, fills the void! Bluegrass?? not so hard playing sober once you decide to, eh?
                          Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Originally posted by Samstone View Post
                            still fiddling.... always learning more of what to do and what not to do! Hope you gig went well. Love the sound of stand up bass, fills the void! Bluegrass?? not so hard playing sober once you decide to, eh?
                            Hi Sam, back in January, I heard an outstanding bluegrass band in Matlacha, Florida, on Pine Island near Fort Myers. I think they are based out of Mountain Home, Arkansas. They call themselves the Pappy Mellon Road Show. The fiddle player was outstanding. He played with a classical violin bow grip (I was married to a violinist for 14 years who herself is trying to learn fiddling) and he played with a very tasteful vibrato, which is also atypical of a lot of fiddlers. As he was packing up, I asked him if he was classically trained. He said no, but his teacher was, so it clearly rubbed off on him. He also told me the best fiddle players are classically trained, then make the switch. That gave my ex some encouragement!

Have a great day everyone. I'm enjoying the last cool gasp of spring weather before the heat returns tomorrow.
                            First, a man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man. --Chinese proverb

Comment

Had a batter day. Ann Carolina (from MWO) drove down with her daughter and granddaughter and took me to lunch! It was a fabulous break from all this thinking and a beautiful day! I am so grateful she did that. She's a wonderful, caring person.

There are real people behind these avatars and every one I've met have been incredible. I am blessed beyond words.
                              Hope everyone has had an easier day. Thank you all for being here. Xoxoxo, Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

Aww,I miss Ann,how's she doing Byrdie? Glad you had a good visit
                                I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                                Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Working...
                                X