No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well We didn't getthe deal, dang it. I am really bummed but cant say I am surprised. Life goes on.

JKM, glad you are getting there. I have one piece of advice, pour out that half bottle of wine and save your liver the trouble of processing it. If you dont, it will talk to you all night. I fought this for a long time but getting all the AL out of the house really helped me. Or at least, getting it out of my space. My hubs still drinks (not to excess at all, how is that?? ) he keeps his downstairs in his fridge. I know if there was a partial bottle in eyeshot when I was quotting that would be all I could think about. Like someone telling you NOT to think of a blue horse....get it out! We are pulling for you! Hugs!
    Byrdie
    All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
    Tool Box
    Newbie's Nest

Comment

6:30 and im doing it! Alittle sweaty and hubs annoyed me when i got home but when does he not! Also im starving, gotta pack a snack for the ride home but i made it through walmart and home! Was about to give in at 5 but i said no! I wrote day 1 in roll call, I've had enough! It's day one damn it!

Comment

Woohoo, Jkm! Thats how its done! So proud of you! Byrdie
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Good for you JKM! I would take Byrdie's advice & dump the last of the wine. I did that when I quit just to make sure I was committed & had nothing in the house to tempt me

Byrdie, sorry about the deal. Maybe the next one is yours

Kensho, good to hear you are feeling better this week. I think we all have 'those weeks' from time to time - nature of the beast thing!

Hello to LC, Tony, Justme & everyone checking in tonight.
          I am going to attempt to watch the presidential debate on TV tonight. If I start to feel my B/P rising I'll turn it off, ha ha!! What a bunch of crazy nonsense going on in the political world.

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

I made it, day one in the bag...

Comment

Originally posted by Jkm123 View Post
              Btw...hi everyone, i read all of your posts and thank you for your support. Sorry for being so self centered and not commenting just yet.
              JKM - No worries... We all go thru waves or cycles in our participation - sometimes needing/absorbing more, sometimes offering/commenting more. It comes with the territory. I'm glad you're here, and your day one is awesome. I agree with Tony - post on roll call when you feel comfortable. I often post first thing in the morning for the day that is just starting. In some ways, it helps me stick to my commitment for the day as I've kinda already "promised" my nest friends that I'll stay AF. :happy2:
              Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Byrdie - sorry about the deal as well. It seems like you are not a quitter though (except quitting drinking ) and I'm sure your day is coming.

Lav - hope you made it thru the debate! Wow, what a circus this has become. Sigh...

Kensho - glad you're feeling better this week. Sounded like last week was very challenging. You deserve an easier one! Good job staying AF through it all!

JKM - I echo the advice from Byrd and LAv - dumping out the rest of the wine might actually feel very empowering in addition to just getting it out of your house. I can vividly remember the time I poured out half a fifth of bacardi - I was so freakin proud of myself! When I quit most recently (64 days ago) I poured out the last few bottles of beer - I made it ceremonial by pouring it over our campfire that needed to be put out. Haven't looked back since then. Let us know what you decide, even if you decide differently. Hugs to you!
                Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Well that is a big victory JKM!! What a blessing, relief, joy .... however you want to describe it!

My visa application was accepted guys, planning to fly Saturday night.

What's going on Brydie?
                  (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Evening nesters

A busy week for me. Trying to catch up at work since i was off for four days and I have been listening endlessly to how tired everyone is at work after doing my job! My heart is bleeding for them, well not really as it has taken me two full days of catching up. My theory is i should do this more often.

JKM welcome and congrats on you day one. I posted religiously on roll call when i first started, as Wag said it makes you accountable for the day to yourself and fellow nesters. For me, i felt i could not let those helping me down and i havent thus far and i wont. You can do this, believe in yourself and accept you are a non drinker. I am so busy in my sober life now and its exhausting some days but i would not ever swap it for a drink of al.

Congrats on your visa El and happy flying to you both.

Well i am off to do an assessment for my course.

Take care x
                    AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Hi Nest

Eloise - wow! So happy for you!! Saturday is close, but you are already packed.

Jkm - congrats on day one!!

Tuesday is better, much better than yesterday.

Till later

Comment

Hi all, here i am day two. I took a 5mg valume and a benadryl at 9, i was getting sweaty and alittle shaky. I woke up at two all kinds of messed up feeling. Tonight only 1/2. I'm alittle groggy this morning but happy and proud.

Good morning everyone!
                        Congratulations on your visa eloise! That must be so exciting! Where are you coming from and going to?

Comment

Good morning, nesters!
                          JKM, we are so stinking proud of you! After day 1 is done, it's just rinse and repeat! We are right beside you! Stick with this and it's the last time you will ever have to experience this misery. The worst really is behind you!

Eloise, so GLAD to hear you got your visa! The next chapter of your life is about to begin! Thinking of you!!

Ava, sometimes we just have to show them just what we accomplish in a day at work, I'm happy to hear your co-workers felt the loss as you were out!! Hugs!!

Lav, that debate was something else. I stayed up an hour past bedtime to watch it!!

Hope everyone has a great day! Byrdie
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi All! JKM - you should feel so proud - you are taking care of YOU! Keep it up! People are here to help, so post as much as you need to!

I am feeling bright and cherry after a 2-amer. I have so much work this week - it's all falling at the same time. So I do the work. Looking forward to being prepared for the meeting tomorrow though - it's always worth it to be prepared

Happy day - keep going even when it feels yucky. The lows won't be as low, but the highs of life without alcohol are HIGHER!
                            Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Ok i ordered a pumpkin spice latte no coffee so they gave me decaf...why! So i went to look and its a pumpkin spice cream. I would think one could make that leap huh...just talkin sorry. Hope everyone is having a good day.

Comment

OMG JKM... I would be so disappointed! I aka coffee addict now that I don't drink... It's my one and only vice as far as thungs to consume.
                                Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Working...
                                X