X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am planning on doing just that Byrdie, thanks so much
    Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Hello Aquamarine, just wanted to say hi and wish you well. I to have tried many times and fallen !! I am now taking AB as it has helped in the past but stupid me stopped taking it thinking I was cured.....worst mistake I have ever made. I am an alkie and cant drink not even one!!!, good luck!

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Busy day here I see, great

JDG, when push comes to shove it's all about how YOU feel. If you know you feel better not drinking then that's the way it will be! Husbands, friends & relatives don't need to be involved in your decision - it's your decision

Hello & welcome back aquamarine!
        Please make yourself comfortable & be sure to work up a good plan for yourself. There's more good ideas than ever in the Tool box now.

Kensho, go easy on the sugar now, ha ha! What an exciting month you have had in the food world!

Hello to everyone & sending wishes for a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

And it's Tuesday morning Nesters

I guess everyone is catching up on sleep!
          Wishing everyone a terrific AF day!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Gosh, slow on the overnight shift, Lav!
            Wishing everyone a super sober Tooosday! Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Just wanted to thank all of you who have supported me and "thanked" my posts. Have a great Tuesday. Plus, all my kids (have 4 feet) thank u too. u/o

Comment

Good Morning,

It is quiet here today but I am sure that will change. Still going strong one day at a time.

Lav - yes this is my decision and I am still firm in not drinking no matter what anyone says. Others do not know the misery, G/S/R, and other problems that AL causes in my life.

Have an awesome day,
                JDG
                Making the quit stick! since 02/27/2016:victorious:

Comment

Keep going upandover! You can do this.

Just checking in today - hope everyone has a strong and productive Tuesday.
                  Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Morning. I can't remember if I read it or heard it, but yesterday a quote came by me. "Be the best version of yourself that you can be."

I'm going to think about that more, as I want to get a good detailed image in my head of my best version. One thing I know for sure, alcohol is not in that vision, as it has produced the worst version of me for too long.
                    Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Clocking in at 366 in what can only be considered a very anticlimatic 1 year. Figure I'll celebrate with some pinot noir this eveningi(joking). I am in a much healthier place physically and emotionally. I struggled and still do at times, but my wife doesn't want me to go back to drinking, so it must have had a pretty big impact on her. I drink tea and the occasional soda, and a slurpee is my DOC at night now. I still try to work out everyday, but work has been busy and sometimes I only get it in 3 times a week. This no longer bothers me and makes me feel bad about myself.

I went to the psychiatrist and am being treated for ADD, which I would never have done if I was drinking. I would have assumed my AL was the thing slowing me down and if I could just stop I would be more organized and motivated, apparently not. So far the mediation seems to be helping. I have been much more successful and less stressed on the meds. So there's proof right there you can get help instead of trying to treat symptoms yourself. I never would have imagined when I was drinking that ADD was making me anxious and depressed but there you go.

Still think about drinking so I still pop in here, I recommend any newbies do the same thing.

Comment

Congrats on one year Dutch! That's a huge milestone. I see it has led to more self-discovery, which is a good thing.

JDG, just a thought, but does hubs just want your approval to have a drink now and then? After all this time he may feel super guilty if he does. He may not want to disappoint you. And if he does, will that disappoint you? Will that cause a rift between you two? Will it trigger you? Just thinking out loud here.
                        Again, sticking my nose where it doesn't belong, but, Kensho, I'd be careful about adding that sugar back in the diet, I'm sure it can cause cravings, as AL is really just a sugar, or it metabolizes as one in the body. I'm sure NS can help with this one.
                        Warm and sunny here, going to try and get in a bike ride.

Comment

JDG, I was thinking the same thing. If he quit to support you, and then is saying it's all OK now - maybe he's saying "Is it ok for me?"

Mr. V - yes - I had grains yesterday and felt like CRAP last night! I don't want to over-indulge in sugar, but ice cream beats alcohol in a pinch, right? I want to have that safety net if I need it! But generally, I feel MUCH, MUCH better when eating clean!
                          Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Dutch, congratulations on ONE YEAR!!! Do you know how many people are NEVER able to say that? We are SO proud of you! I'm sure this has been a year of growth for you in so many ways. Well done, Mister!!!! :celebrate: WOOOOOOHOOOOOO! B
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Congratulations on one year Dutch! impressive and admirable.
                              Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Dutch, great work on your 1 year....congratulations!
                                IT'S NEVER TOO LATE TO BE WHAT YOU MIGHT HAVE BEEN
                                Relapse starts long before the drink is drunk!!.Fresh Start!

Comment

Working...
                                X