No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

He had 3 big parties last week. He feels horrible. We all know that feeling. But he keeps drinking because ... I know all the excuses.
    It was good to hear him recite the LIE. While observing the quantity and rate he consumes. And the smell of al!!

Comment

This is what is going through my head this morning. And an immense gratitude for 24 days AF.

And overwhelming freedom to plan a Saturday around fun stuff with the kids and not how soon I can nurse my hangover.

Comment

Justme, sometimes those feck it thoughts come in, its how we deal with them that counts. Great work on being strong. What i found with people seeing i wasnt drinking was they didnt believe i would do it after i promised so many times to stop. I was determined to show and prove them wrong.

1000 days is a great goal, i have my 1000 shortly and i never ever thought it would be possible when i quit. I always thought it would be a matter of time before i drank again. Now i look at others with hangovers and yes they may apparently have had fun the night before but to live without another hangover is a great feeling and i know i am not a normal drinker.
        AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

10 days - check
          100 days - in a while
          1000 days - on MY WAY ... OUT of this mess!

Have a great Saturday! X

Comment

Sorry for all the short posts, but otherwise it doesn't work from my phone.

Comment

Thank you Ava.
              It is now real to me too that I am also not a normal drinker. Always questioned it, but lived it out too many times, every time in bigger proportions.

Comment

Good Saturday morning Nesters!

Justme, good for you planning to succeed
                You will have no regrets kicking AL out of your life!

Hello to Ava & everyone stopping by today.
                Looks like a week's worth of rain is on the way to my portion of the nest, oh well. The sun will find me eventually.
                Have a great AF day everyone!

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09
                Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good morning, Nesters!
                  3 pounds I gained while on vacation. UGG! I thought all the walking and stair climbing would negate the taters I ate, but apparently not. The Irish really do eat a lot of potatoes! Or at least they served them to me. Their chocolate aint bad either. In fact, I didnt have a bad meal!

The last time we traveled out of the country was 2004. I was deep into my addiction by then. The anxiety of protecting my supply was incredible. There is just about no way I could have packed enough vodka to have made it 10 days at the rate I was going when I stopped. I used to cringe hearing it slosh around. I told hubs it was my hairspray! And HEAVY! Traveling sober is so much easier....in every way!

One night at dinner with Mr and Mizz Mick, I said that I was over 1900 days sober and I equated that to about a savings of $10 a day, $19,000! Hubs was amazed to hear that but agreed. That is serious money. So If you feel guilty about spending a few dollars on something that helps you get sober, look at the return Ive had. Do whatever it takes to get and stay sober.

Hope everyone has an easy day today! MindPeace, Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi, I'm here. Hello to newbies and old-timers alike!

Kensho - so true. I never thought I was "that bad" but as things become clearer, I realized alcohol was impacting my life in ways I never imagined.

I had a long, stressful (stress can be good and bad) week, and was so gratified that not once did I think "I'd love a drink." Had a nice long talk with my teen about drugs and alcohol. He's got such a good perspective and said that he was impressed that I don't drink given the pervasiveness of alcohol. He doesn't drink yet either. Win Win in my book.

Off to get some stuff done. Happy Sober Saturday!

Pav

Comment

Well, if I was still a drinker, I'd be 'a drinking tonight. One hard week behind me, I'm exhausted and emotionally drained. But it's not the actual drink I want, as much as some way to check out and not feel for a night. But I think facing these times and feeling the discomfort is how we learn and grow and become stronger. So that is what I'm going to do, along with maybe a bath and some solid sleep tonight. I'm sure I will feel better in a few days
                      Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Half decent day here, it stopped raining for a while, yay!

Kensho, there's probably not a person on the planet who wouldn't like to 'check out for an evening or day' just to get a break from all the stress we live with. At this point in my life & my quit I feel grateful to know that no substance is needed. A nice soothing meditation does the trick. I like the guided meditations with cool background music
                        Get a good rest after a hectic week!

Pav, I am so grateful neither of my kids ventured into drug territory. As far as AL goes, they both had their fair share but never really overdid it either. We used to talk about that stuff a lot when they were teens, before I developed my own problems. I know they are happy to see me doing my AF thing now. Be proud of your son, sounds like he's making good decisions.

Byrdie, only 3 lbs gained - not bad, LOL
                        Good thing you did do a lot of walking, huh?

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good Sunday morning!

Where is everyone??
                          I'll check in later. Wishing everyone a great AF day!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning, Nesters!
                            Feeling better after a good night's sleep. Back to the salt mines tomorrow.....
                            Hope everyone is sticking to plan! This is a gosh-awful disease that is the most cunning I've ever seen. Much like a stray animal, once you feed addiction, it's yours.
                            Happy Sunday, all. Byrdie
                            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                            Tool Box
                            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi all, today is day 30. I've had a series of AF stretches over the last 3 years. I keep hearing that success is built on a series of fails. I really want it to stick this time. I am no expert but I have learned some things: reading, tea, meditation, and honesty are very helpful. I think what might be pivotal is forgiving myself. In the past there was so much emphasis on apologizing to others. But I have spent a lifetime apologizing to others and suppressing the person I am. I am not sorry for who I am and I would not have this opportunity for an expansive look at myself and the world had I not clashed with alcohol. Tomorrow I start a 2 month online sobriety class. Thank you No Sugar ! hipsobriety.com has been a game changer for me. Thank you all for inspiration ! May you all find peace in this wonderful quest to remain alcohol free in this confused, complex world.🌷

Comment

Hi Nest

A cold day over here. And to be part of the theme - I got a cold!
                                Sore throaght and runny nose 😒.
                                Still went to the park so that the kidz can play. It was a good day and no al thoughts.

Need to quit - nice to meet you! And a BIG congrats on 30 days!

Have a good night. X

Comment

Working...
                                X