Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all,

Lovely to wake up and check in here. Such a wonderful nest. I absolutely love reading about your grand baby Daisy.. So bend my ear. Babies are so amazing. I just visited my friend who has a three month old a couple of days ago and he was just scrumptious. I'm doing good today... Not stressed, calm.. Not feeling the repressing after effects of drinking the night before... Ah, bliss! I just down loaded the easy guide for women to stop drinking.. So excited to start reading. The stop smoking one worked a treat. Hubby is home so morning routine back in full swing... All good. Strength to anyone out there struggling! It gets better.
    AF January 7, 2018

Comment

Originally posted by Eloise View Post
      I am tired of the hat so I made the executive decision to switch to the Ilama, which you can feel free to veto.
      And you never step on my toes!! :victorious:
      I love it, Eloise! We Prize Patrollers must keep up with the times! :haha:
      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
      Tool Box
      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

We've just had the hottest & humidist (is that a word) day of the year so far, LOL
        I am not a fan of this & am willing to send this weather to you Aussie folks

It is so sad hearing about yet another massacre on innocent people in France tonight celebrating a national holiday. The massive damage a few rotten people can do is just unbelievable. Let's all send positive thoughts for peace & healing for the people of Nice.

Wishing everyone a safe & comfortable night in the nest!

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09
        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Well ... just a few short hours after I posted my early post today - I had my first Panic ... (I posted on the thread I started) - but just glad to report in here that I made it through. Logging onto MWO and "ranting" ... then a could of wonderful people were on line and helped me see things through clear eyes ... and here I am tonight AL free another day ... Whew.

Everyone is doing great. Way to go!
          "Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it" ........

Comment

Morning everyone . SO happy to read through the posts and pick up very positive vibes ... start of the weekend here .. usually my best excuse for drinking a little earlier in the day . NOT today I say . How awful it is to hear about Nice in France ... makes my problems miniscule !Choices .. keep it going !! I love the story 20/20 about the nest / bird . Ironic really, as I bought some bird feeders last weekend before I FOUND MWO and since Monday I am seeing lots of birds coming to visit my garden ... Good Karma !!! Have a fab weekend all ... x

Comment

i can't read the news about what happened.
              not today.
              :stompy2:
              (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

I was going to put on a "normal" post here this morning but that can wait until later...

STUFF "Brexit" for today.

We stand Shoulder to Shoulder with our friends in Europe and our hearts go out to all those affected by this non-sensical inhumane act of cowardice in Nice.

Comment

What a world we live in today...... there is tragedy in every corner. I'm so sad to see the news about the senseless losses in Nice.

At times like these, all I know to do is recite that Serenity prayer....help me to change the things I can and accept the things I can't and to be able to know the difference.

Stay true to your PLANS this weekend, everyone! It's only Friday, NOT to ticket to BoozeVille! You'll wake up tomorrow so glad you stayed sober today! No matter what, it's NOT worth it!
                  Hugs to all, Byrdie
                  All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                  Tool Box
                  Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good Morning all,
                    Starting my Day 7 and feeling really good today, almost too good. I'm going to have to be vigilant in keeping my AV at bay especially since it is Friday which is a trigger day for me. Thanks for the reminder Byrdy❤️
                    20 I had the same thing happen to me on my day 5 it was crazy, so I spent yesterday being easy on myself and refilling my toolbox to help me cope if it ever happens again. I should have came on here and reached out in hindsight.
                    My heart goes out to all humanity that we can find some sort of peace from all the senseless acts of violence. I'm with El I won't be turning on the news today either it's just too heartbreaking. ��
                    Hope everyone has a safe AF Friday

Comment

So incredibly sad about what happened in Nice, France.

An Old Cherokee told his Grandson:

"My Son, there is a battle between two Wolves inside each of us.
                      One is Evil,
                      It's hatred, anger, jealousy, greed, resentment, inferiority, lies and ego.
                      The other is Good.
                      It's joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness and truth."
                      The Boy thought about it, and asked:
                      "Grandfather, which Wolf wins?"
                      The Old Man quietly replied:
                      "the one you feed."
                      "Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it" ........

Comment

Inthesky - today is my day 14 ... so maybe we need to be on guard as each 7 days rolls around. Good job walking right through it.

Comment

Good afternoon Nesters,

Yep, we're still sweltering here in Lavland but things could be so much worse.
                          I am blessed with a wonderful AC unit so everything is fine.

Inthesky & 20/20, CONGRATS to both of you on your 7 & 14 days AF! Great work, let's keep this ball rolling

Tony, the world seems like a dangerous place, regardless of your location. I just have to try to stay positive & believe that goodness will prevail.

Stay safe everyone & have a wonderful AF day. Be kind to yourself & others!!

Lav
                          AF since 03/26/09
                          NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good job 20 ... 14 used to be my nemesis...
                            Last edited by tonyniceday; July 15, 2016, 04:32 PM.

Comment

Jumping back in to wish everyone a safe night in the nest!
                              Hang on, you all deserve the best

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Things have to change. Would have hit 3 weeks on Thursday.
                                Nooo. Had to get drunk. tripped over and hit head so now there is a 2" gash on my forehead and a bruise on my hip .Left a position open in the ES S&P which lost 13 points so there goes $650 .Thankfully my broker closed it out at 4pm CT.

Going to start this next week out fresh .Hero to zero this week
                                Last edited by Neo; July 16, 2016, 12:44 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X