No announcement yet.

Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sorry to hear those clowns have given you such short notice Byrdy. Downright disrespectful and silly. As Mick says, you will succeed in anything you decide to turn your attention to. I see many, many doors open for you from here. Take care my friend.

Onya Daisy. Stick with it.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

holy moly, 28 years and 2 days notice??!! that's bullshit. As Kuya said, another door will open.
      Liberated 5/11/2013

Comment

Wow Byrdie, that is unbelievable. You must be reeling. I absolutely agree with the others that you are extremely talented - I am sure you will find another opportunity. I will be thinking of you!

Comment

Byrdie. I'm so sorry. You are in sales from your posts so they may take your job but they can't take your experience or your contacts. I'm sure you can do wonders competing against these fools. Nothing like success to ease the shock. Again. So sorry.
          Happiness is neither virtue nor pleasure nor this thing nor that but simply growth, We are happy when we are growing.

William Butler Yeats

Comment

Thank you, everyone. Im feeling very low so I apprecite your words of encouragement so much.
            This sucks.
            But at no time have I considered AL to cope. Thank goodness for that. Xo, B
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Byrdie you have a whole herd of people here thinking about you & wishing you the very best. I hope you know we believe in you & love you :hug:

NS, I am about as subtle as an asteroid, Lol
              It's just not possible for me to sit quietly while a good friend gets hurt like that. Collectively we have a lot of strength here

Wishing everyone a safe & peaceful night in the Nest!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Byrdie, congratulations on your escape! As has been said several times in response to your down-sizing, one door closes, another one opens. I firmly believe that.

Several years ago I was unceremoniously down-sized after 30 years in banking. It hurt, for a long time. BUT, it turned out to be the best thing that could have happened to me. My "other door" opened and I found what I should have been doing all my career. I consider myself fortunate.

BTW, the person who congratulated me on my escape was Scott Adams, creator of Dilbert.

Your MWO friends are here for you Byrdie!
                AF since 26-02-19 NF since 04-83
                F*ck PD, cancer, dementia & covid-19

24/7/365

Comment

Terrific T-Byrdie....you have so many friends here and no doubt, out there, who are standing by with support during this time of unexpected transition. You are smart as a whip, clever as a fondant cookie, courageous and exceptionally caring. You are also darn good at what you have done for all those years. I'm sorry you are hurting - that's natural considering just how much of yourself you put in with that company. Like your other fans here, I'm looking forward to seeing the great things you will do with this opportunity. You're a rock star. You are!
                  Sober for the Revolution!
                  AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Bydie - So sorry to hear of this . . . life is not as it should be sometimes . . . wishing you all the best in this next chapter of your life. You can do this! all the best - AG

Comment

Byrdie, I am very sorry to read of this sudden lay-off. It really sucks, the system sucks. No sugar-coating as far as I read it. Kudos to you for not reaching for AL and a million warm wishes for getting through the next few weeks, day by day. People approach this differently I guess, but I really hope another door opens soon. Take care.

Comment

Good day Nest

Still going strong here. Was just busy. And tired!! After 8pm I shut down these days.

Byrdie - sorry to hear about your job. You received good advice from the nest.

Daisy - realy sorry about your struggle. Its understandable. I have been there many times. And know I can easily go there again.

Stuck at work with the a-hole...
                        My eyes red today due to allergies. In my wicked mind I wonder how I rate on his "scale" 😄

Till later. X

Comment

Re-reading this... he called you? True lack of character there... chickenshit.

Originally posted by Byrdlady View Post
                          Good afternoon, Nesters!
                          As you know, yesterday was my first day back from vacation. Around 5 pm my boss calls. He said that our company is going thru yet another down-sizing and that my job was part of it. I am devastated. 28 years with this company...half my life. Not sure what I will do yet, right now, I am packing up 28 years of files and preparing for my exit on Thursday. The boss is coming in at 1 to pick up my phone, computer and do my exit interview. This is the only real job I've known, I'm going to be lost for a while. I plan to use the very same strategies I learned right here in this nest....all I gotta do is get thru THIS day.
                          Hugs to all, Byrdie
                          (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Byrdie - so sorry to hear about your job. Not the sort of news you want to come back to after a holiday. After 28 years you have lots of experience though. Sit down and note down your strong points but also reflect on what you'd like to do. Sometimes these things are a good opportunity for some positive changes. I bumped into a colleague of mine recently who worked in IT for years but was made redundant. He said it was the best thing ever happened to him as he went off and set up his catering business and has never been happier.

I have a few key things coming up in my life I'm a bit nervous about. I haven't been on here much as I was so busy with my thesis and I have exams in the next few days, combined with a full time responsible job... it can be a little overwhelming to say the least. To top it all off I started a sugar free low carb diet which is really strict but I'm enjoying it and starting to feel like my old self again... I mean years and years ago when I was big into my health and fitness and hadn't begun hanging out with Mr Sauvignon Blanc every night. There's a lot of mindfulness going on. It's good but I am very conscious of how much thinking I'm doing. I've pinpointed the following upcoming possible triggers:

Last exam - normally a reason to celebrate with alcohol. Have to ensure I have something alternative planned for myself. On the upside, it's on a Monday so less temptation socially.
                            A friend visiting from abroad: This will involve dinners out etc. Have to have a plan in place and not let temptation get in my way
                            A hen party: Again, a lot of temptation here. Tempted to try and avoid this if possible to be honest.
                            A holiday: Foreign holidays always bring back memories of sitting outside with a glass of wine as the sun goes down. Need to have an alternative drink
                            A wedding: Lots of food and alcohol. Need to stay strong on this one too. Hoping I can use the excuse that I have work the next day.

Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.

Comment

Good Wednesday morning Nesters & happy Hump day too!

I am in the midst of feeding transporting my grandsons back & forth to school. It's a lot easier now that they are a bit older & somewhat cooperative. They will be here for dinner yonight as well so I need to figure that out. Grateful for this healthy, AF time with them

Moni, sounds like you do have a lot going on in your life!
                              Keep it AF & it will all go down much easier

Wishing everyone a wonderful AF day.
                              Thinking about you Byrdie!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

HI Byrd, I too am sorry to hear this, but echo the common sentiment that other doors will open for you...I'm sure of it. Regardless, I feel your pain. Let it run its course...
                                Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
                                Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Working...
                                X