Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hi Nesters,
    Just popping in to say hello.
    I'm having a bit of a sad evening so I think I'll call it a night and go to bed.
    JKM, you're doing great!
    and Kensho, I'm so glad you're feeling chipper! You had a tough couple of days there..
    and Eloise, Congrats on the Visa.. so happy for you that it went through.. now comes a huge adventure..

hugs to you all!

Comment

Feeling like the prodigal poster. Been here for years and have been doing things right some of the time and doing things wrong for the balance. Glad this place is here to give me the insight I need right now, again.
      2023 - focus, getting it done, and living the way it should be and being the person I need to be.

Comment

Hardest part of the day right here. Make it to 6:30. Hell just make it home...

Comment

Hey, Allswell! Snuggle on in here and tell us whats going on. You're in a safe place here

JKM, hang in there, those witching few hours are a bear. Believe me, in time you will get thru them without a thought, wont that be nice. It just takes time and practice. Hugs to you. Byrdie
          Last edited by Byrdlady; September 28, 2016, 08:21 AM.
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Proud to say I made it all the way through watching the debate last evening without having a medical emergency of some sort, haha!
            I did quite a bit of laughing at the incoherent ramblings of the male candidate though, LOL

Jkm, congrats on nailing Day 1 :welldone:
            Hang in there & keep moving forward!

Eloise, great about your visa. Wishing you happy, safe travels!

LC, I hope you are OK, thinking about you!

Welcome back Allswell! The nest is THE place to be, make yourself comfortable!

Greetings to everyone & sending wishes for a safe night in the nest for all!

Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hey everyone, 9 o'clock, i made it. Watching this is us, it's really good! Try it if you haven't. Also i noticed yall listen to podcasts, as anyone tried mental illness happy hour? It's great. Despite the name the host is sober and so are many of the guests. There is also a website by the same name with a fourm.

Night all, stay safe and tucked in here at the nest.

Comment

Well I do not actually have my visa yet guys. They accepted my application, 1st request I was turned away, and I should be able to pick it up tomorrow, Thursday.
                And I am not packed but working on it. I am trying to explain to the dogs I will not be here for them for a while. It may be the last days I spend with the older dog. Yikes, sad moments.
                Oh dear.
                I wish I had not put that in writing. Makes me sad.
                Errands to do today. One really cool thing about all this is I will be closer to my friends who live in Asia, in the same time zone again!

Well done Jkm!! Those early days are so hard. Eat and drink lots of water. I find that even no I need 4-6 small meals throughout the day to keep the anxiety at bay.

Peace guys!
                Last edited by Eloise; September 28, 2016, 02:38 AM.
                (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Morning Nest

I missed posting yesterday as Mrs T & I grabbed a night away and yesterday was consumed by shopping (YAWWWWWN!) and then straight to work...

JKM - WELL DONE on getting through so far. You are doing so well. These first few days are not good, but once you're through them you never need to go through this again...

You may start to get some strange symptoms as you detox. If you do then post them on here and someone else WILL have had the same experience and be able to offer advice as to how to deal with them. Your doing this for YOU ... but you are not alone!

Comment

Originally posted by wagmor View Post
                    ........... I often post first thing in the morning for the day that is just starting. In some ways, it helps me stick to my commitment for the day as I've kinda already "promised" my nest friends that I'll stay AF.......
                    Spot on, Wagmor!

Comment

Here i am, day three! The valume really helps with sleep. The other time i quit i did not have any and the no sleep drove me back pretty quick. I have one more half for tonight and then benadryl only Thursday and I'll try it without anything friday.....wow a sober friday, it's been years!

Comment

Good work JKM! As I said above - it's good to use any help you can to get you through these first few days.

You're doing just Great!

Comment

Good Morning, nesters!
                          JKM day 3!!! You are operating under your own power now! It's a good feeling, isn't it?

Eloise, what a process you've had. We are thinking of you!

Hope everyone has a happy hump day! I hope the sales gods are with me today as I try to peddle this stuff. Hugs to all, Byrdie
                          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                          Tool Box
                          Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hi Nest

Having a slow and comfortable Wednesday.

LC - how are you doing now?

Jkm - yes, that first week is something else! But it passes and then the fun starts. You will not regret going through this week.

Allswell - nice to meet you!

Till tonight

Comment

Hard, hard, hard. Have money today. Makes today alittle harder. I just need to remember how much better i feel in the morning and how hard ive worked, and how, once i get past this drive home, i really don't feels worse or better sober or drunk, now i don't have to be drunk and pretend im sober i just have to be sober. That's so much easier.

Comment

It is easier, Jkm! Maybe you could set aside the $ you would spend on alcohol each day or week or whatever and when you've achieved a goal, treat yourself to some pampering, a dinner out, new boots... There are so so many things that are better than booze!

Plus, you have already made it past the most difficult days! If you drink now, you'll just have to go through them again because you know deep down that you need to quit. For us, drinking will never again be the pleasant pastime and special treat that it may be for others. You can't un-know what you've learned about yourself so please don't un-do all you've accomplished so far.

You've done a great job USING the Newbie's Nest. Keep doing what you're doing and it's all going to be ok. xx, NS

Comment

Working...
                                X