Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good evening Nesters,

Glad to report we saw a few hours of sunshine this afternoon - yay!!

Byrdie, that was so nice of Ann to visit you! What a wonderful surprise
    Yes, we are all real people behind these avatars & good ones too.

Fin & Sam, I hope you are both having good musical weekends.

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
    Last edited by Lavande; May 7, 2016, 08:50 PM.
    AF since 03/26/09
    NF since 05/19/09
    Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Glad you had a good day byrdie..hope today goes just as nice for you.......
      af since the fourth of July 2012...howzat then America..now proudly marching into year 12

Comment

Good Sunday morning Nesters & Happy Mother's Day to those celebrating

I'm hoping for a sunny afternoon because I will likely end up with my crew here looking for food as usual, ha ha!
        I am grateful to be alive & well, ready & capable & clear-headed to handle all this excitement. I feel very lucky

Wishing everyone the wonderful AF day we all deserve :heartbeat:

Lav
        AF since 03/26/09
        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning, nesters!
          Happy Mother's Day to all those where it applies!
          Its a beautiful day here, so we are going to treat ourselves to a nice lunch.

This whole thing has certainly made me stop and reflect on whats important; my husband, my dog, my friends and my quit.

Hope everyone has an easy day. Hugs to all, Byrdie
          All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
          Tool Box
          Newbie's Nest

Comment

I know you are not going to let all this get the upper hand Brydie, come way too far for that!
            Enjoy your day!!

:llama::dancegirl::llama::dancegirl:
            (AF since 17 May 2014) 2 years 5 months sober

Comment

Originally posted by Samstone View Post
              still fiddling.... always learning more of what to do and what not to do! Hope you gig went well. Love the sound of stand up bass, fills the void! Bluegrass?? not so hard playing sober once you decide to, eh?
              Gig went super well and we've been invited back to a bigger event to celebrate the establishment's 3rd anniversary. I'm playing infinitely better sober and having a blast along the way. I'm so grateful this has been the outcome vs. being overly nervous to pull anything off...
              Achieved Goals: Getting Back to Working on This Project!
              Goal In Progress...1 YEAR

Instructions on posting to Roll Call:

Go forward boldly and unafraid

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Byrdie & Eloise - glad you two checked in ~ it would have been pretty lonely here

I did end up having most of the family here today as I predicted. My son dropped by on his way to work to wish me a nice day. It was a hectic but fun day & no AL in sight!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest.
                Has anyone heard from Lil??

Lav
                AF since 03/26/09
                NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Good morning all, I'm back at day 1. Price

Comment

This is GREAT news Fin, very happy for you. My painting is coming along too, amazing how much better things look when I paint every day.

Originally posted by Fin View Post
                    Gig went super well and we've been invited back to a bigger event to celebrate the establishment's 3rd anniversary. I'm playing infinitely better sober and having a blast along the way. I'm so grateful this has been the outcome vs. being overly nervous to pull anything off...

Comment

I remember that too Price... no buzz just sober and then getting drunk. No more happy buzz.
                      Today is day 1 for sure, no drinking just for today. Worry about tomorrow later.
                      Hang tight!

Originally posted by Price View Post
                      Good morning All, Happy Sunday. It's Day 1 AGAIN FOR ME sadly. Wednesday night I caved. Here in this other city I work in (my biggest trigger), the romance of it all - which isn't really romantic for long as it turns out - got to me. I had been invited to dinner, and instead had this great idea of cooking at my house with these two friends, steaks, appetizers and you guessed it.... really great wine (a bottle for each of us). The first couple hours of the evening were wonderful. And so for 2 or 3 hours on Wednesday night, I was happy. And since then, I have been in my alcohol hell. Driven by cravings and feeling like shit. Constantly either wanting to drink or drinking and not ever really feeling that nice buzz again, but more just trying to not feel totally awful. It's amazing that the people around me can't tell that I'm drinking. My sister came into town the next day to stay with me (Thursday) and she for sure would have called me out if she suspected anything. I was going to have yesterday be my Day 1 but I couldn't deal with feeling that horrible for the day, so I saved it for today. I think back about that night (Wednesday) and was it worth it? ugh.

Comment

Good Monday morning Nesters!

The weekend went by all too quickly, haha!
                        I really enjoyed time with the family yesterday & will have great memories

Price, today can be your very last day 1, it's always your choice.
                        I know how hard it is to abstain when you're just starting out & everyone around you is drinking. I honestly stayed glued to home for a few months until I felt stronger in my quit. Give yourself every chance to succeed & meet your goals.

Hello to everyone & have a great AF day!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09

Comment

Truth be told I was stayed home the first 6 months.
                          I didn't attend any kind of event/evening where alcohol was to be the focus until well after a year of not drinking.
                          I have said this before, I know.... just sayin'...

Comment

Originally posted by Eloise
                            Truth be told I was stayed home the first 6 months.
                            I didn't attend any kind of event/evening where alcohol was to be the focus until well after a year of not drinking.
                            I have said this before, I know.... just sayin'…
                            Eloise, you bring up a good point. Some of us, namely me, did not know what and how to change to keep myself from drinking, and AA provided that guidance. The point is something has to change. What AA is about is not how to stop drinking, but rather how to change your life so that you won't drink. There is a big difference between the two. Some of us intuitively know how to do that and are able to stop without the guidance of twelve step meetings, some of us don't. As is often said in AA, the definition of insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
                            First, a man takes a drink, then the drink takes a drink, then the drink takes the man. --Chinese proverb

Comment

Okay, good point aihfl.
                              I did some research on AA but it did not seem to be my cup of tea.
                              We are all different. What I realised was that I had stopped drinking in the past with no trouble. It had gotten to the point where I just couldn't stop on my own.
                              It probably would have been easier to just go to AA, but I managed and now have no desire to experiment and see if I am cured?
                              I know that I am not. :eyes:

Comment

I am back for another try. Last November I made it 3 weeks and was feeling so good. Then I
                                lost it all.

This is day 5 for me this time and I truly want to make this one my lafq.
                                Price and Actiongirl, please join me in this journey.

Comment

Working...
                                X