Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi all
    Sending positive thoughts for all over this holiday period x Christmas can be sometimes a reminder of good, sometimes not so. I'm not doing well myself, I am sorry to say but will read here daily (as always!) And post soon x take care x
    Wishing all a safe & sober Christmas Eve
    LS
    To see a world in a grain of sand
    And a heaven in a wildflower.
    Hold infinity in the palm of your hand,
    And eternity in an hour.

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Christmas eve is almost over. The visitors have gone home & now it's time to relax. We had lots of good food, exchanged gifts & not a drop of AL in sight, nice

LS, I hope you are OK!

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!
      Merry Christmas to G, Ava & Steady - already enjoying the day

Lav
      AF since 03/26/09
      NF since 05/19/09
      Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Still Christmas Eve here. Happy Everything to everyone!
        I did a bunch of cleaning and cooking and Christmasing today. I did also have a nostalgic "hankering" from time to time but nothing crazy. In fact I kept forgetting about it!
        Typically I would have drank all day while prepping. I used to make coquito (spanish egg nog) and be drunk pretty early on. I would always be just as surprised as my son when I woke up to see the tree and presents. (That I put out). Gahh!

I made a nice prime rib, appetizers, and then homemade hot chocolate and pannetone (spanish Christmas cake) while we watched Polar Express!

I am laying in this bed completely sober and happy. So very happy.

Wishing you all a safe and magical Christmas in the nest!
        Day 1 again 11/5/19
        Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
        Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
        Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
        11/27/19: messed up but back on track
        12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Happy Christmas nesters :-) May your day go along without any stress or hassle & you just enjoy it.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
          I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Evening nesters

Christmas day done and dusted for me for another year. We all had a lovely day except the heat. Kids drank and we laughed and just enjoyed each other. It was a lovely sober 3rd Christmas for me and they get easier each and every year. I think the build up does our heads in, i know it does mine.

I hope you all have a happy day and keep on smiling.

take care xx
            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Merry Christmas nesters
              I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
              Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Merry Christmas All!

Yesterday, we first stopped at my sister's house where Dad is staying. I put my coat in the room Mom took her last breath in and started to cry. This is really tough. I didn't drink though, but really wanted to. Then we went to DH's side and ate a ton.

Today, I've been looking at pics with Mom in them. And crying. We're having dinner here today, and eat lots again.

Cowboy, I couldn't see what you posted. LS hope you're feeling better today. Love your sweater cookies Byrdie! Ava, enjoy your kids and your hot tube and air con! Pav, love your perspective. I have to practice that. SL, you sound awesome!!

Grateful to all of you. Merry Xmas.
                  Sometimes what you're most afraid of doing is the very thing that will set you free.

Comment

Merry Christmas J! If you "click" on the attachment, it should make it bigger. Have a fantastic Christmas day!
                    Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                    Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                    Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Christmas day here - should be ok. The hardest part for me is missing my mom - she really loved xmas and was the glue that brought our family together around the holidays. Even now a few years after she passed it's still a hard time for me. But fortunately, al was never a big part of these holidays and I don't feel tempted. New Year's Eve & Day might be harder in that regard, but I'm prepared with a plan.

J-vo - Sending you strength as you go through the first holidays without your mom. <3

LS - thanks for reaching out and keep coming back to read here. Sending you lots of support. :hug: Please let us know how you're doing when you can.

Hope everyone else has fantastic holidays (or days after, or simply days/eves AF to tuck under your belts). Stay warm or cool, as the case may be!
                      Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Merry Christmas, Nesters!
                        Had a brunch next door and ate too much. There were Bloody Marys and Mimosas flowing but no problem to have my diet coke instead. It was a nice time with friends. At 6, we go to another neighbor's for dinner.
                        I hope everyone is staying true to his/her AF PLAN, I know I am. Merry Christmas to all!! Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Hello nesters,

Well, i survived xmas day. It's now boxing day monday morning here. All's well. Next stop, NYE.

How is everyone doing?

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Morning nesters

Glad you got through the day G, surviving is all we can do through christmas. The heat is more of a bother than al for me.

J, its ok to be sad and to grieve, just dont drink and keep checking in. Al makes nothing at all better, however food and lots of chocolate makes it bearable.

I am planning on a quiet day, trying to nap and just eating prawns and staying away from the boxing day sales. More madness that i dont want or need.

Take care x
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Howdy folks - quick check in amidst family get togethers. Having a fun time, and not drinking. The family is talking about "getting a beer" right now - "starting the cheer". I poured myself a yummy sparkling water and cran-juice mocktail and am focusing on enjoying every sip - the longing to be part of the crowd won't last and I know that I am no longer a drinker.

Counting my blessings and feeling grateful for what I have. JVO, my heart is with you, and WAGS too; I still have my parents and am so conscious of enjoying time with them. Enjoying time with all my family - I understand that we are not guaranteed more than this moment.

I think I will go get some chocolate - good reminder AVA!!

Hugs to all!
                              Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Merry Christmas nesters
                                All is well here. Home alone,which I like.
                                And sober, which I love.
                                70 days, (10 weeks )today

Ann Carolina

Comment

Working...
                                X