Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Originally posted by KENSHO View Post
    Neo, I don’t know much about your story, but I’m glad you have been here and working toward sobriety! I also don’t know much about meds, and how they relate to quitting. I do think, though, that we have to be sure to not expect the meds to do all the work for us. Do you also have a plan that is helping you do the work on your end? For most of us, I think it takes a multi-prong approach and one strategy is often not enough. What other tools are you using? Keep going… it is worth it!!
    Well I would call myself a pro quitter as have had some good runs over the last couple of years. That said I have developed a good diet, Mega B+, protein powder etc but have had my fair share of screw ups (back to square ones) too. Exercise could be better too atm .Never been fat but am trying for more balance in life . Have used valium before , now fully out and only have baclofen atm but prescription is 12mths old and have hardly touched it. All dry runs have never used it and trialing it for a week to see how I feel

If I relapse again, I think I will renew my val prescription as alcohol anxiety is no fun, especially at 3 - 4am in morning. So all good this week, no alcohol in house and am taking each day as it comes.

Had salmon and coleslaw for tea. very nice
    Last edited by Neo; March 26, 2017, 03:17 AM.

Comment

Good morning nesters from a very sunny warm Portugal this morning.

Neo nice to see you back here posting your progress or not,And I would certainly agree with Kensho that a mutiattack approach is needed if we are to beat this, There is no miracle cures it takes hard work through loads of uphill battles, keep posting keep trying.

Pan, its hard going through the reality of life & dealing with it without the usual escape of drowning our emotions, which actually does nothing for the situation in reality. Our insecurity's are a huge part of our make up & getting the help & strength from here & other fellowships can be of immense help. keep posting & reading here & elsewhere, you will come out a stronger person in the end , that's guaranteed .

Hi Ava & birdie

Well lav, what can one say , Your a great inspiration to us all here, you have done fantastic work on yourself in turning your life around for the better, I hope you enjoy your day as its a very special day, A day that you probably did not know then but was the most important day of your life & most important decision you took. enjoy & have a great time its a privillage reding your posts everymorning showing us all that this addiction can be beaten.

:congratulatory: Clean & Sober since 13/01/2009 :congratulatory:

Until one is committed there is always hesitant thoughts.
      I know enough to know that I don't know enough.

This signature has been typed in front of a live studio audience.

Comment

Pan,
        Hang in there, Wildflowers said it so eloquently and that is the beauty of MWO. Maybe, at last, we dont have to find out everything the hard way. We can SEE how it ends thru the eyes of others' bitter experience. I will add one more aspect that I experienced....dont give your hubs a REASON to stray (and a drunken partner is a good reason). That kept me going.

Lav you are priceless! If you have ever said to yourslf, "If I can help ONE PERSON beat this addiction, then it's worth it" then you can rest easy. You HAVE helped one person.....ME! THANK YOU and congrats! I want to be you, too!

Hope everyone has a great Sunday! Byrdie
        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
        Tool Box
        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Meant to check in a bit earlier but the day got away from me, as usual.
          Thank you for the well wishes on my 8 year AF anniversary! Wow, if I can do this I know you all can as well.
          The most important thing for me was working up the desire to live addiction free. Once you have sparked that desire, make a good plan & make the commitment to stick to it, no matter what! That is how it's done kids

Pan, keep your focus now & be true to your commitment You are doing great!

Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
          AF since 03/26/09
          NF since 05/19/09
          Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Count me as another whose life has been mightily changed with the encouragement of the steady, strong, wise one who we know as Lavande. That simple, but powerful phrase you share - No matter what! - is what finally helped me get through detox and realize I NEVER had to be trapped ever again by addiction.

Celebrating your 8 amazing years of living FREE...may you continue to incubate many more chicks with your fierce care and LaVANitude!
            Sober for the Revolution!
            AF & NF July 23, 2011

Comment

Morning nesters ,

How are we all doing out there ?
              Drop in & say hello or even to rant, get it out of you, If you look around this forum you will see we all all came here to get help in trying to get rid of a terrifying Addiction,

For a lot of us here this was & is our last resort,We came here emotionaly,spritually,& in a lot of cases finicially bankrupt ,

Maybe some of us dident hit as low as bottom as you , maybe some of us were worse of than you,

But we are here now & we have more in common than you would think, There is a way out, There are many people on this forum with many years of a freedom from there addictions,

Come on folks lets share & get on the road to recovery. It can be done.

Have a great day folks.

Comment

Right on Mario.

Congratulations Lav! Wow, you're sure something else my friend. Git yourself something nice!

Apologies for my absence Nesters. Super busy start to the year. 2 jobs, 2 courses. Anyway, have dropped 1 job so more me time now and happier because of it. Listen to me whinging about too much work! I know some folk are struggling to get work in many places around the world. I'm grateful to have the choice.

Hope all are well. Wishing you a safe, sober and magical week. now where's that freakin Llama? Oi! come 'ere....... :llama:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

HAPPY, HAPPY, HAPPY 8 YEARS LAV!! What an enormous, inspiring milestone! Thank you for your consistent, no BS check ins. You are a strong foundation member here and I appreciate your posts so very much!!! Here is your celebration treat (vegan, of course)! Hope you have had a wonderful celebration!

Screenshot 2017-03-27 11.27.52.png
                  Last edited by KENSHO; March 27, 2017, 12:28 PM.
                  Kensho

Done. Moving on to life.

Comment

Oh Happy Day -- congratulations Lav on eight mighty years. You are an inspiration (Stella too!)
                    Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Oh my word, look who showed up to help celebrate!! Turnagain and the G-Ster! So wondrful to see you both!
                      Mario, your posts are always spot on! I know I came here with not mnay options left. I am so thankful for the people I found here....you among them!
                      Hope everyone had an easy day. Byrdie
                      All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                      Tool Box
                      Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

I hope everyone has had a good AF Monday

Turn, great to see you & thanks. We know what that wicked Lavan-ittude can do for anyone, ha ha!!!

G, great to see you as well. Awesome on the busyness - keeps a guy out of trouble, right?

Kensho, those scones look delicious, thank you
                        I made myself a vegan cinnamon coffee cake today even though I don't need the calories, ha ha!

Hello, Mario, Marylou, Byrdie & everyone.
                        Wishing a safe night in the nest for all. Let's get everyone moving in the right direction together :hug:

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Good evening all - Wildflowers, thank you so much for the beautiful post on Saturday. It's so good to know that others have experienced the same unfounded insecurities. I will treasure that post forever. I hate to admit this and it's the reason I didn't post Sunday, but I totally blew it Saturday night. If I had waited 10 more minutes, my husband would have been home. His pickup was in the driveway when I got back from buying wine. I blew 10 days of sobriety over worries that had no basis in truth. Now I have alcohol back in my system and I've got to start completely over...I felt closer to God, my children and my husband in that week and a half of sobriety than I have in a very long time. I totally set myself up for failure on Saturday. I was out with a client in the ER until 2 am. Then, we had crazy schedules with the kids and I didn't eat until 4 pm that day (a hard-boiled egg and a cracker with some peanut butter on it) and that was on the fly. THEN the crème de la crème: the woman who was in love with my husband shows up with a bunch of his high school classmates. I had already allowed myself to be compromised physically and emotionally and I was tired...I've got to start over again. I just have to want this more than I fear it if that makes any sense.
                          Last edited by PanhandleKim; March 27, 2017, 09:40 PM.

Comment

Hi nesters

Well i have been busy as per usual. There are never enough hours in the day now i am sober.

We made it through the funeral and now the ups and downs of grief will try us but what doesnt kill us makes us stronger i say.

G tis lovely to see you pop in and sounding happy. we so need to catch up for that coffee date soon.

Pan, a relapse starts long before the drink is drunk but realise what happened and move on. Keep on here and be accountable, i learnt early on that i could not stay sober by myself and even now i said to the other half that i had not posted for what seems like forever so i have prioritised a post. I am secure in my quit but with the stress of the last week i do know i need to stay accountable also.

My son celebrated 4 years off ice today. A massive achievement and i am so very proud of him. He posted on fb today that i was 2 years sober and i was like "hey dont take that extra year off me", that has been a year of growing into myself that i dont ever want to lose.

My course tomorrow and homework to do. work is a nightmare and after a week of me not being there it is even more so. im pulling all of my gratitude out this week and at the end of the day i am truly grateful to be sober and a grown up who can handle anything that is thrown at me.

Take care xx
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Good morning nesters & especially hello to our singing playing Mr g , the long lost ? cowboy out in the outback , how is she cutting , lovely to here your ok :-)

Pen you said it in your post, You have to want to get clean & sober more than anything else, Isent it amazing what the addiction of alcohol can make you do & think, it brings up all our insecurities & emotions & tells us by drinking that that will help the situation & we all know here how much bullshit that is. Start again Pen win again.

Work wise, Last night a huge problem just dropped into my easy going living the life life, I am dealing with it well & know only for my constant moving forward in my sober/clean life it would have thrown me backwards.Its good to relaise myself that I am actually moving forward in my reactions & Reponses.

Hello to birdie,lav,lifechange,marylou,kensho, hope you all have a pleasant & happy day. & remember don't quit quitting.

Comment

Morning Nest,
                                G! Missed ya so my friend! Glad to hear about the work.

I just got offered a second job as well. A per-diem spot I was checking out for some extra cash. (To pay off student loan debt!) they offered me the job and I took it. So I should be starting over the spring break.

Terrible drinking dream last night! I was drinking a BIG GIANT tequila and realized "omg I'm not supposed to be drinking". I wish this was a dream, I don't want to start at day 1 again, the whole shebang.

But then I woke up! I woke up and I did not drink!!!!! Yes.
                                Busy day ahead and a couple of doctor's appointments. Will check back tonight!
                                Day 1 again 11/5/19
                                Goal 1: 7 days :heartbeat:
                                Goal 2: 14 days :happy2:
                                Goal 3: 21 days :happy2:
                                11/27/19: messed up but back on track
                                12/14/19: bad doozy but back on track

One day at a time.

Comment

Working...
                                X