Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

G'day everyone.

Ava, you will kick ass at that gathering. Why? a few reasons, mainly you kick ass anyway, you are a strong human, a mum, and.....geez, i dunno, a superstar extraordinaire at the very least. Being yourself is the best weapon.

Big waves to all.
    Last edited by Guitarista; June 3, 2017, 06:48 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Sober Friday for me, checking in Sober Saturday morning, feels good. Quick in and out, as I'm headed out on a kayak trip today. Thanks for the support, all!

Comment

Ava - congrats on 3.5 years!!! Surely we can make a dancing girls emoji if we don't already have one :sohappy:

Mr V - hop right back in the nest!

Susie - sending you all kinds of positive energy for your MRI and hoping all is clear

Nar - you sound solid going into the time you'll spend with old drinking chums. Just hold tight to your quit and stick to your plan! We'll look forward to hearing how things go/went.

Hope everyone is having a fantastic AF weekend! No visits to boozeville, with or without tickets!
        Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Ava, Ava, Ava! Woohoo! 3.5 years is great, my Aussie friend keep it up !!! love you much xoxo

Well off to my home town. I have tea, Perrier and coffee packed. I am really looking forward to hanging out with my old pals and waking up tomorrow Un Hung on Sun

Wags, we will not be buying tickets to Boozeville, lol, thats good.

xo
          Don't drink today
          Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
          "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

PAva Twins, great job on 3.5 years! Here are your dancing girls!
            :dancegirl::dancegirl::dancegirl:
            This is a better place with both of you in it! Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Saturday evening Greetings Nesters!

Nice day here again, grateful.
              Our son & grandsons stopped by for a visit. They were exited to be going to a scouting event tonight & very happy & that makes me happy

Good job on the AF weekend everyone, no regrets for any of us = awesome
              Have a very safe night in the nest!

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Ava, Pav -- you're my heros today!! Many congrats and love to you.
                Mary Lou

A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty. Winston Churchill

Comment

Thanks for all yo both do, and Congrats, Ava, Pav! Day 4, onwards. Also joined 30 day challenge at One Year No Beer, if anyone's heard of it, another support group. Some daily challenges on there. Stay strong everyone.

Comment

Congratulations Pav and Ava!! Two of my most favorite people here,thank you both for sticking around and being such great leaders,hugs to both of you
                    I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                    Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

Hi, Nest:

I guess I wouldn't normally celebrate my half birthday, but what the heck. Any excuse for a party. Thanks, everyone.

I have been to a few parties with teenagers involved and am grateful to be walking around with my sparkling water as an example as someone having fun AND not drinking.

I have a busy day ahead of me. Grateful to have a relatively clear head (darn allergies) and some focus.

Happy SOBER Sunday,
                      Pav

Comment

Happy sober Sunday, nesters.
                        My heart goes out to the folks in London who have been assualted yet again. Crazy people out there.
                        Hope everyone has a peaceful day. Byrdie
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

One sober week under my belt. Mondays are always better after a sober weekend!

Comment

Congratulations Susie! Raawkin it.

Congrats to 2 of my faves here too, Ava and Pav!

Nursie has 7 months, and Mr V bursting out of the gates with 4 sober days!

Me on the other hand need to pull my finger out and get more serious. Today I have finally cancelled my subscription to boozeville, and ripped up the v.i.p. guest passes for this week. I got very close to texting the new woman in my life to tell her to forget about me. That is how negative i can become when booze is around. Crazy crazy false thinking. You're all likely sick of hearing my broken record, and so am i, but if i can't post my thoughts and feelings here, then where?

Still waiting on antabuse in the mail. I think i need it to help me kick things off. In the meantime, there'll be no boozing today or ever again. June 5 is my new beginning. Let's see what I'm made of.

Take care and thanks for listening to my ramble.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Apparently our stretch of nice weather is coming to an end, darn. It has been nice this past week

G, what's going on with you?
                              Not drinking today or any other day has got to be on your game plan, but you know that.

Susie, congrats on your 1 week, yay! Keep moving forward

Pav & Ava, you two are awesome. I am happy for you!

I am sad about the latest terror attacks in London as well. There just doesn't seem to be any way to really prevent them. We need to keep our eyes & ears open & be vigilant wherever we go.
                              Wishing everyone a safe night in the nest!

Lav
                              AF since 03/26/09
                              NF since 05/19/09
                              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Lavande View Post

G, what's going on with you?
                                Not drinking today or any other day has got to be on your game plan, but you know that.

Lav
                                Thanks Lav. I'll be okay. I just shocked myself last night with negative self sabotage thinking. I've had enough and i surrender. Bring on self respect, self care, and gratitude for this amazing thing called life.

Comment

Working...
                                X