Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Just a quick fly by to say congrats on another AF weekend and wish everyone a fantastic Sunday eve/Monday morning. Things are good in wagland, but I'm exhausted from helping my dad move in and all the normal stuff that has to be done as well. Still having pain from accident injuries but can definitely do activities (chores and fun) now that I couldn't do 1-2 mnths ago. Really grateful to be AF - wouldn't be much help to my dad if I were still drinking, and he definitely needs me right now.

Hugs and wags to all of y'all here in the nest. Gonna go tuck myself into a feathery corner for a good nights sleep!
    Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Evening nesters

Well the vape dooby thingy is working a treat and i am of the opinion of whatever works works so i am slowly plodding away with the no fags. if i relapse then so be it but i have no intentions of doing that but as the psychologist says "we are our own worst enemies" with the feelings of failure.

The meeting of the other half's friends was lovely. I walked in with a bottle of non al drink and they asked if i did drink and i said no. Sooooo they started off with some homemade italian snapps, some champers, some white wine, some red wine and some beer. This was over 4 hours so everyone was relaxed and not drunk and i was designated driver so a pleasant afternoon. i did think to myself that back in the day i could have drank the way they did but when i got home i would have plastered myself completely. There was one smoker there and i didnt kill him for his smokes or subtly steal any so i made it through both situations.

G, breathe boy breathe. I so get the mind going at a million miles an hour when something new and good happens and i still feel it now on occasion after 8 months but i ended up writing in a diary so he didnt think i was a complete and utter fruit loop. I too didnt think i was good enough but hey he would not be with me if i wasnt good enough for him. When we feel such a sense of worthlessness its hard to see that people dont see that in us, that they see a good, kind person who is deserving of the good things in life. I know for me with this relationship that if i drink i will kill it very swiftly and he treats me so well that i now realise that i do deserve this happiness and i do deserve to be treated nicely. You will get there G but dont drink, give it your best chance and remember that she is probably feeling the same way.

Well off to cook dinner for the man, he has done his back in so i am trying to be Florence Nightingale but im more like Nurse Ratchett! He turns 60 this weekend so i am trying to organise his daughters for a birthday lunch. God i thought it was hard to organise my kids!

Take care x
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Thanks Ava. Have a great night.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Good morning nesters,

Congratulations Ava and Pav! I remember when you started this journey, I used to lurk around a lot. you two are definitely role models for me. Thanks for always contributing to the nest.

Gman, cmon, you got this. All I know is that when I drink, self loathing is at an all time high. When I'm al free, there's room for positive self talk and self love. It not always easy but I don't hate myself anymore.

Happy sober Monday everyone.
          Roobs

Comment

Happy Monday, Nest.

G - I'm glad you were able to stop yourself with that negative self talk. You do deserve health and happiness. June 5 is as good a day as any to get back on that wagon. Do you want to talk about what knocked you off and how we can help? You tend to be so positive around here, I hope we can sometime help you through a bad feeling day. I guess I'm saying that we can be here through struggles as well... We're with you! Have a bewdy!

Ava - sounds like a good time. Do you vape nicotine? Something else? I am curious.

Susie! One week. Yes, Mondays are SO MUCH BETTER now.

Byrdie - I'm with you. So awful

I'm off to work. Have great SOBER days,
            Pav

Comment

Good Morning everyone, I agree Pav, Mondays are SO MUCH BETTER Being Un Hung on Mon is awesome!

I hung out with my friends on the weekend and did not drink. It was great. It seems that most of them have slowed down or even quit drinking. I guess that comes with age. One of the guys drank a lot and he was slurring a bit, I know he was feeling it the next day but the rest of them were pretty controlled. Anyway, it was a great time.

GMan- don't forget- you Rawwk!!

Well, I am going to get a cup of coffee now. Love my morning coffee.

Pav and Ava, just want to say again that I am so proud of both of you. You have helped me a ton in my sober journey. I have about 3 years and 2 months so I am right behind you!

xo
              Narilly

"Nothing in this World Can take the place of Persistence"
              "You can have the life you want OR you can Drink"

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Made it through a tough weekend with lots of social funtions, AL free. Onwards.
                You got this G.

Comment

You've got this too- Mr V!
                  Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Hello nesters. thanks for all the nice words of support. I really appreciate it. My 2 day depressive binge, whilst only 2 days was a significant event. It demonstrated to me (yet again) how twisted our thinking can get while under the influence of a substance. I had dangerous self sabotaging thoughts that do not serve me well and were not based on reality. I am naming this event the Queens birthday massacre!

Morning of Day 2. The warrior has arisen.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Hi all - just a quick pop in to say that I am here, sober and cancer free. MRI came back clear. I am 2 years cancer free.
                      Another reason not to drink - alcohol is linked to breast cancer. So I am going to plant my sober feet firmly on the ground.
                      Have a good night nesters!

Comment

Good to see everyone.
                        Susie, congrats on your clean bill of health. Keeping AL out of the equation is the best thing all around.
                        Hope everyone has a peaceful evening. Byrdie
                        Last edited by Byrdlady; June 6, 2017, 06:52 AM.
                        All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                        Tool Box
                        Newbie's Nest

Comment

Awesome Susie, like you say, that is another reason to stay sober
                          Narilly

AF April 12, 2014

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

Damp day here in Lav-land but that's OK, it was AF

G, no more depressive thinking or drinking! That only serves to keep you stuck & gets you nowhere.
                            You absolutely deserve all the happiness & love you can conjure up!

Susie, I am so happy to hear your news, good for you! Stay AF & stay healthy forever

Wishing everyone a safe & comfy night in the nest!

Lav
                            AF since 03/26/09
                            NF since 05/19/09
                            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Originally posted by Susie45 View Post
                              Hi all - just a quick pop in to say that I am here, sober and cancer free. MRI came back clear. I am 2 years cancer free.
                              Another reason not to drink - alcohol is linked to breast cancer. So I am going to plant my sober feet firmly on the ground.
                              Have a good night nesters!
                              So glad to hear your good news Susie - that's fantastic. Absolutely another reason not to drink, that's for sure!
                              Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

G-dude - You've got this for sure! Getting right back on track is an excellent choice. Hang tight here in the nest, and please definitely let us know if you'd like to chat or process about what knocked you off track recently. I always find it interesting that so many of us turn to drinking when we're depressed in an effort to feel better, to feel less depressed. But al is a depressant, and although there is the illusion of it bringing happiness, it actually makes things a whole lot worse. Anyway, I'm glad you were able to stop the downward path after just two days and climb right back in the Quit Saddle.

Mr V - you've got this too! Congrats on making it thru the tough weekend, especially in the early days of your quit - that shows a lot of strength and probably a pretty darn good plan!

Ava - sounds like being the designated driver was a great way to avoid a whole lot of al! congrats also on quitting smoking. I agree with you - with most types of quits, "whatever it takes" is an ok option. I've never been a smoker but I've had several friends who have quit. They've had varying success with different strategies, but the ones who vaped found it helpful to get at least some of the biggest concerns off the table and out of their bodies. Keep us posted!

Nar - congrats on a successful AF weekend with your old chums. Glad you had a good time and woke up un-hung to boot!
                                Toolbox/Toolkit

Comment

Working...
                                X