Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Newbies Nest

Thanks Lav.

Byrdy, you sound so busy and flat out like a lizard drinking! Great thing you love your job. I heard from my new woman friend yesterday. She's just back from a few days away and told me she has some some stories to share of her trip with me, so i'm assuming this means either

1. date # 3 coming up any night now (i'm giving her plenty of space and leaving it to her to decide if/when to call), or

2. a coffee catch up and a ......'well G man, you're a gr8 guy, but i'm liking being single after years in a suffocating relationship, so i'm off travelling. It's been swell. byyeeee!'

She told me she's enjoying her own space again, and just recovered from another recent heartbreak before date 1 with me, so i'm thinking i should take it easy and not put any pressure on her, let her call the shots re dates at this stage. She knows i like her lot's and am up for seeing her more often. Her call now and i'm cool with that. I'm prepared for worse case scenario # 2, and if it goes that way, i'll wish her well and be grateful for 2 gr8 dates and her time. More updates as they come to hand. :spin: :newhere:

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Zen soul Warrior. Freedom today-

Comment

Evening nesters

well 9pm and just walked in the door basically. a super busy day at work with 43 patients to deal with and then my son tells me my gorgeous old dog is not well so i did get home for 20 mins and decided to take her to the vets as she has congestive heart failure so i cant mess around too much. seems to be nothing wrong but they did bloods so will wait and see, she is not her normal happy self and i worry. I'm totally done with today but she is snuggled next to me in bed. Its so good to just do what has to be done and not think "have i had too much to drink to drive" or "i'll take her tomorrow". I know my fur girls appreciate each day i am sober.

You are sounding positive G, keep up the good work. If the pill works, take it, i say!

I will go to the dentist Lav, i just now need to work up the damn courage which is different to the other day when all i wanted them to do was rip the damn thing out.

Tony, happy belated 150 days. So proud of you plodding along, great work.

Well i am off to bed, take care x
      AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Ava, i hope your pup is comfortable and will be okay. it's hard when they're getting older.

G man romance update........she rang and suggested another date. Yes!!

G'night from here
        Last edited by Guitarista; June 22, 2017, 08:40 AM.

'I am part of all that I have met, yet all experience is an arch wherethro', gleams that untravelled world whose margins fade, forever and forever when I move'

Comment

Hi, Nest:

Byrdie, so happy that you love your job. Being that it was new not too long ago, I'm glad you settled in to the craziness. I, too, am having a long but fulfilling week. Tons of work I did earlier has paid off, and we are firing on all cylinders.

Ava- Yes! Being there when needed, 24/7. What a great side effect of quitting drinking. Glad your pup is ok.

G - sounding strong. Congratulations on the call back. Wahoo! :heartbeat: Have fun.

Happy Thursday,
          Pav

Comment

G, thank you for sharing the details. Im so happy that she called back. Fingers crossed that thing continue on a positive track!
            Ava, hope your pup feels better soon. Ours is getting some age and it breaks my heart to think one day, we wont have the little thing around. Enjoy them while we have them.
            Lav, first the heat, now the rain, nothing like a bunch of wet chickens!
            Pav, yes, work is nuts, but hard work never hurt anyone. Hoping it pays off!
            Hope everyone has an easy evening. Byrdie
            All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
            Tool Box
            Newbie's Nest

Comment

Good evening Nesters,

That's right Byrdie & I can't begin to tell you what 24 wet chickens smell like - P U!!!!

Ava, I hope both you & your doggie are both OK :hug:

Pav, you are obviously a hard working woman, good for you!

G, thank you for sharing with us. We really do care about you - to the point of being too nosy I guess. Thanks for putting up with our "concern" & I wish you all the best with your lad friend

Hello to everyone else & wishing a safe night in the nest for all. Rain coming this way again tomorrow, not that we really need it, oh well.

Lav
              AF since 03/26/09
              NF since 05/19/09
              Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Hi,

Happy Friday, and glad the weekend is here!

I am heading up to the mountains and unplugging this weekend, so I will see you all next week. I am going to a wedding, so it will be fun if boozed filled. I will have my car for escape when I need it!

Hope you all have great weekends.
                Pav

Comment

Have a nice,relaxing getaway Pav!
                  I have too much shit to do today and tomorrow to drink:sohappy:

I'm taking care of the "tomorrow me":thumbsup:
                  Drinkin won't help a damn thing! Will only make me sick for DAYS and that ugly, spacey dumb feeling-no thanks!

Comment

I noticed that the post count has been down for the past week or so, especially on Roll Call, so I was wondering if we're not getting new members or our older members are struggling or what? Read back and saw where we might not be showing up in search results. I know I found this forum in search results and I remember it being pretty easy to find, but that was like 4 or 5 years ago. I would love for everyone struggling to join this forum and our member count to explode, but hopefully people who are struggling and not coming here are finding other helpful resources in the search results. But, one thing for sure, the longstanding comprehensive wisdom on this forum can't be matched!

Did some math and 962 days at approximately $10 a day habit -- I've saved $9,620 so far! :greedy_dollars: :greedy_dollars: :greedy_dollars:
                    11/5/2014

[moon] [guy] [shout] [two] [horse] [three] [rockon] [worthy] [spin] [allgood] [two] [dancin] [shout] [baby] [fist] [celebrate] [dancin] [rockon] [welldone] [bouncy] [applause2] [dancing] [lucky] [worthy] [llama] [shout] [horn] [three] [applause] [hyper] [dancegirl] [black] [bumpit] [sohappy] [horse] inkele: :applause2: :yay:

Comment

hi Nesters, Hi Elvis!
                      I'm an old, so old, member struggling still after so many years. I haven't completely given up on hope for a sober. Free life. but it's really true that the more often I let myself down, the more often I fool myself into believing I can be a part of the crowd. I've done such stupid things the past few months. Continuing to drink because so and so does and I want to continue our relationship the way it has been. I'm always floored that I put every one else in front of myself.. even though it's clear as day to me that I can't love any one more than I love myself. So when I deeply dislike myself? How should that work?
                      I want to make the commitment to myself. And I know I just have to start with now. I have had so many supportive emails from Ava and NS and I'm very grateful to both of you lovely ladies for not giving up on me..
                      I want to begin tomorrow again.. I want to give it a hundred percent go..
                      Last edited by lifechange; June 23, 2017, 02:28 PM.

Comment

So good to see you, LC :hug:.

Comment

Great to see you Lifechange. C'mon, jump on board. I'm around and today i'm 12 days sober and happily moving forward. I like how you mention loving ourselves/putting others first. A psychologist once told me that in her years of observations and working with people, including addicts, low self worth/low self esteem was a constant common trait in folks struggling with addiction or life. So true in my experience and observations too. So oodles of self lovin' should be on the cards.

Git onboard my friend and let's take your precious life back.
                          Last edited by Guitarista; June 23, 2017, 03:43 PM.

Comment

Morning nesters

very quiet nest wise but being accountable and keeping mwo going is a must.

Ive had a stressful couple of days, mads (pup) has extremely high liver levels and needs an ultrasound to see what is going on. She has congestive heart failure and they have always told me the prognosis is catastrophic (their words) so each time she become sick i just think this is it but thinking positively, each day with her is a great day. She is a bit better today and enjoying the attention. She is so much part of the family. So up goes the vet bill again!

Having another lovely day sunshine wise, i did manage to get clothes dry yesterday which is much better than the house looking like a chinese laundry. Oh damn sun just went!

Lovely to see you back LC, never give up giving up and its always a pleasure to have you around.

Pauly, i am thinking of you also during this time. I always read what is happening in your life and its horrible when we have to deal with so much stress and not allow al to help. You are doing so well.

Well i am off to fill the clothesline and probably take it off again due to rain.

Happy date night G, hope it all goes well for you, you deserve it.

Take care x
                            AF free 1st December 2013 - 1st December 2022 - 9 years of freedom

Comment

Evening, Nesters. Long day. Wishing everyone a peaceful night in the nest. Hugs all, Byrdie
                              All you gotta do, is get thru this day. AF 1/20/2011
                              Tool Box
                              Newbie's Nest

Comment

I did some research [MENTION=19771]Elvis[/MENTION], for new members who joined since May 23, one month ago, along with the number of posts they made.

Ardent - 1, Bellageorge - 0, black cat - 0, brgtmres01 - 0, davethewave - 1, Delirious - 0, DJJ - 0, FreedomFromAud - 1, groundchuck - 0, hcch2 - 0, Jason newsted - 0, Jenny8 - 0, jennyjen78 - 1, Judykay - 0, Kksivester - 0, Piggy Girl - 1, Refresh2017 - 0, sarhanab - 0, semperfigirl - 0, srib34 - 0, StaceyB - 0, and swirly - 0

It appears that people are finding MWO, it also appears that they are not finding what they need, or a host of other reasons why they are silent. I didn’t check to see how many have been back since they joined, maybe they are lurking, who knows…..
                                Last edited by abcowboy; June 23, 2017, 08:33 PM.
                                Quitting and staying quit isn't easy, its learning a whole new way of thinking. It's accepting a new way of life, and not just accepting it, embracing it...
                                Worry about tomorrow, tomorrow. Just get through today. Tomorrow will look after itself when it becomes today, because today is all we have to think about.
                                Friendship is not about how many friends you have or who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you", and proved it.

Comment

Working...
                                X