Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Good morning peeps,

Hello Papa R-I see you have just gone to bed so I will tuck you in for a change. Get a good rest and hope it wasn't too crazy tonight where you work. Also hope you are feeling better.

Hoping the rest of you nesters have a good day and not feeling the effect of too much chocolate!
    AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey, Lil, You get the worm! I like red, what do you like, Bucksier? (is there a correct spelling for that?) Are you hearing birds (real ones) chirping in the morning? I heard them for the first time, yesterday. I'm hearing them again today! Yay, Spring! It's on the way.
      Thanks, Renewal for the Valentine greeting. I hope you will let us know if you are feeling better.

Hello all to come. Have a great day!
      Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Dill-good to see you. How are you today.
        When we had that warm weather a few days ago the birds were chirping. I get up early and in the spring it can get real noisy hear. It makes me feel good all day! I thought I saw a robin and got so excited but upon closer inspection saw that it was a sperrow. Talk about wishful thinking. LOL.

Don't we have any chocolate gummy worms left over from yesterday!
        AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Fellow Nesters
          Sea is still behaving. Heading out to an AA meeting this morning. I have to go to a wake out of state this evening. One of my Aunt's passed away. Planning another AF day. Renewal, you are amazing. Hope your night at work wasn't too crazy and you can catch up on some rest. I have birds outside my window this morning too. Yay! Spring.
          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning nesters..

Its feeling like spring is soooo close.

How is everyone in the nest today? Is everyone in the nest? Is everyone comfortable?

Triggers....and how we knock 'em down. Now discuss.
            No, really...dill, I honestly think this is the key. I believe so much is about visualizing our success and preparing for situations in advance. If we understand our triggers...the better chance we have to overcome them. Of course, this is all new to me. But, in thinking about events ahead of time...i am hanging in pretty well. what are your thoughts?

Whats in store for today? Any good plans? Hubby is out on the am dog walk...i have afternoon duty i guess! Tonight we are heading to a dinner party.....af for me. breath. focus. its such a fun and full of passion crowd....wine seems so natural with them. I'm going to see if I can cruise on the love in the room.... and seltzer!

enjoy the day my fine feathered friends....:l
            a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Sunday, fellow nest dwellers!

Renewal honey, you actually did do the monster shift - you're a better man than me.
              Dillie... how are you doing this morning? I don't know about you guys... I don't really seem to have triggers per say; it's more like I can watch/feel my resolve crumble to bits over a matter of days. That's when I have to do something about it.

Incidentally, just to clarify.. I did NOT drink! I bumped the 'Journal of a drunk' for myself yesterday (to revisit and put me in the right frame of mind for this week) - you guys are so wonderful - I got a couple of PMs with well wishes. I am fine.. in fact, I am great! Made it through last night NO problem.. so everything is COOL!

Now... who said something about Spring? Where? Where? *sigh*

Have a grand day, lil birdies - behave and be happy!

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Night All - Feeling great as just finished my first AL free weekend.

Hope those of you with more of Sunday left than me have a great day. B.x
                Proud to be SLIGHTLY SLOVENLY.:wavin:

[/COLOR]

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi there,

I am new here, was recommended to check this site out by Hart.
                  I am reallly struggling, and don't know where to really post yet. Just kind of checking out the board right now.

I am really happy to have found this site though!
                  Hope you all had a Happy Valentine's Day!

Comment

Newbies Nest

welcome Alb...

:welcome:
                    I am new as of last week....or the week before...
                    Anyway, I have felt so much support and i have learned so much from everyone here.
                    Find a nice comfy spot in the nest....and relax. Its safe here. Tell us about yourself...

Welcome and all the best with your journey:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

:new:Well, it has been a challenging week, and it feels like they just keep getting more difficult.
                      I am trying to rise to the occasion of handling everything...but just sort of keep falling down. I feel very weak.
                      It seems that I can go a few days at a time without alcohol, and then I just let my guard down....and let myself use it as medication for my stress.

My problem with drinking started about three years ago, and it has mutated into a few different forms as time has passed. First, it was a daily drink to relax, with my husband, right after we got married.
                      Then it was our way to relieve the stress of our disintegrating marriage, by drinking a couple bottles of wine per night...
                      Then I got a job that requires a lot of travelling, and it was "the thing I did" in the hotel room after work...

I am a little past that point now, not drinking habitually when I travel for work...but I am still having big problems with binge drinking. And honestly, I don't care if I ever drink again. I could be absolutely happy never having another sip. I just don't know how to get there. I feel sick every morning that I wake up after drinking, both physically and mentally. I can live without that. I just don't know how to get there. I feel so great when I have had a couple days without.
                      I am taking Naltrexone right now, just started around the first of the year...but I haven't really noticed anything yet.
                      I have not gone to AA yet...I travel so much I can barely get to my doctor's appointments, much less a daily meeting. So, this website offers me a lot of hope for communicating with people who may be going through the same thing.

As of now, I am about 12 hours without alcohol. No cravings to drink, no plans to drink any time soon...but I am just afraid on how I turn on myself and do what I am trying not to.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Abielle,have you read the MWO book??

Abielle....the book helped me gain some perspective....others here really thought it was a good idea. I got it from amazon.

Also, check out the toolbox thread in the monthly abstainers.....I just got pointed to that and it has lots of valuable information....deep stuff but very right on.

Now just breath...set small goals....You sound honest and genuine. Thats a great place to start......
                        When I jumped into all this, i set up things for me do do with all the nervous energy i knew I would be facing. I took out my old paints....bought lots of things to cook...got some fresh lemons for yummy AF drinks....
                        Wine is also my thing and the end of the day is/was not the end of the day without my bottle of wine....
                        Tune in here now and again for support and just something to do while you change your habits. Lots of friendly and funny people that really make my day!
                        PM me if you like....I've been doing this for not even 2 weeks. We can tawk....!
                        all the best......:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Good morning friends.......just wanted to say I appreciate you all and apologize for not being around much as of late.....have a few health issues I'm playing with right now. Have the colinoscopy tomorrow, so hopefully in a few days I can return to normalacy. In the meantime, love the way you all make the nest the special place it is. Keep 'doin what you do' and enjoy your weekend. I'll be in touch soon, when a 'little dust has settled'......
                          Papa Renewal

Comment

Newbies Nest

Triggers....and how we knock 'em down. Now discuss.
                            No, really...dill, I honestly think this is the key. I believe so much is about visualizing our success and preparing for situations in advance. If we understand our triggers...the better chance we have to overcome them. Of course, this is all new to me. But, in thinking about events ahead of time...i am hanging in pretty well. what are your thoughts?
                            Within, SS pretty much summed it up for me:

Dillie... how are you doing this morning? I don't know about you guys... I don't really seem to have triggers per say; it's more like I can watch/feel my resolve crumble to bits over a matter of days. That's when I have to do something about it.
                            Renewal, I will be happy for you when you get past this little rough patch! The hardest part about the colonoscopy is the preparation for it. They show you pictures of your colon afterwards. It's kind of cool. Is your mouth feeling better?
                            Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Abe, Dill & Renewal and everyone else just checking in to the nest. Renewal my prayers and thoughts go with u tomorrow. U will be asleep for test and hopefully all will go well. Health is wealth and no question about it. Please come back real soon nest will not be the same without u around
                              :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome Abielle and Good night little twitters!

Went to my Fantasia party and am now $80 lighter. Yikes. Fun is not cheap! :H
                                No riding this weekend, it was just too icy and we had fencing to fix. Hrmpf. On the bright side... no booze and no cigarettes, even going out to a bar and today, with the majority of gals at the party smoking AND I didn't go overboard on the chocolates. Damn, I'm good! Hahahah.

K.. little ones.. night night.. renewal our leading man... I so hope you'll be feeling better soon and good luck on tomorrow's procedure. :l

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Working...
                                X