Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

You know, Renewal, our thoughts and well wishes are with you. You take it easy. We'll look after the nest while you look after you!
    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hiya all - looking forward to getting to know some of you! Looks nice and welcoming here - thanks xxx

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Welcome again to all of our wonderful newcomers....we are elated to have you in the nest. Let me wish all of you a wonderful night of peaceful sleep and sweet dreams. As always, I'm proud of all of you and blessed to have you in the nest.
        PR

Comment

Newbies Nest

:H Dill, you's such a brat!

Renewal, luv, come sit down and stretch out yer legs... time to relax a bit. You're not having the greatest of weeks. Neither am I but I really don't want to write another novel. 16 year old boys... need I say more? (Someone told me abortion was legal until they're 18.. 'zat true?) :H

Welcome noodle.... how ironic.. I'm munching on... noodles. Fried noodles. Lots of butter and lots of salt. My ultimate comfort food. And I have the nerve to complain about gaining weight, eh?

Well, I opened my big mouth in another thread... and did good I agreed to join Within for another 20 days. That would bring me up to 50 then I think I was planning for a mishap this weekend (when I'd be ALL alone and nobody would know). You know... I really wish this would get easier. Today, I didn't go into town, because I really wasn't sure I wouldn't come home with either a bottle or a pack of cigarettes.

Anywhoooo... hope everyone has a cozy comfy evening and night in the nest!

Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Welcome all new nesters
            So sorry about your news Renewal. I do hope that you will be well soon. My thoughts and prayers are with you. Well, no news on the job front which is totally depressing me. I am staying sober though. I went to an AA meeting with my new sponsor tonight. We are going to start working the 12 steps next week. My dog is still visiting with me, but the poor thing has been sick to her stomach. We are expecting a snowstorm tomorrow. Oh Joy!! Enuff already. I will check in with you all again in the morning. I am gonna pull up a twig for my dog and me and relax. It has been a long day.
            "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

Papa R, my thoughts are with you, you mean so much to us in the nest and we dont want to hear bad news for you , but you know that you can tell us whatever you like, hig hug going your way.

Sunny, your noodles sounded soooo yummy. BTW, hi noodle and welcome to you and all the rest that are new here.

Hi Dilly, you smart arse! Sea, you sound like you are hanging in there, keep it up girl.

Right, I need to get some work done...
              Live your life in such a way that
              when your feet hit the floor in the morning,
              Satan shudders & says...

'Oh sh*t the B!tch is awake!!'

Comment

Newbies Nest

I want the worm, can I have the worm, can I, can I????

Ok, fine, technically I'm cheating - it's 15 minutes BEFORE midnight here... but it's Wednesday elsewhere!

Good morning birdlings - I'm off to bed! That's short and sweet, isn't it? LOL
                Well, I better get myself to bed - have a dentist appointment early tomorrow morning - oh what fun. uch:

Anyways, will check in on all of you later - for now, let me pull some blankies straight and fluff some pillows... back to sleep with you all

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning peeps,

SS-Congrats to you on 30 and yes you can have the gummy worm this morning. I hope you like the red ones!

Papa R-ditto what Neuro said about how much you mean to us. You've taken such good care of us here in the nest so know that's we're here for you if you need us. sending you big hugs. :huggys:

Welcome Trying, Newwife,Birddog and noodle. Hope I didn't forget anyone. The nest is warm and comfy so pull up a twig and rest awhile.

Sea-good for you on the meetings and the sponsor. I've just now felt safe enough to venture out from the nest. As well as MWO, I've add 3 AA meetings to my recovery plan. Mon, Tue, & Fri. I felt it was time to add some face to face contact with other recovering addicts. I went to my fist one Monday and it really went well. Good luck to you on the job search. You"re in my thoughts.

Neuro-I love your signature girl! It makes a bold statement! I have a magnet someone gave me that says "I may be a bitch...but I'm the pick of the litter!" LOL. Always good to see you way over there on the other side of the nest.

Dill-You are probably here madly typing away, so I'm going to say Hi in advance! :H You're here everyday, fighting the good fight and that's an inspiration to me.

Well Nester's I brought coffee and donuts. They're over there on the table, under that big branch on the right. So help yourself and have a great day.
                  AF since 7/26/2009

"There is nothing noble in being superior to other man. The true nobility is being superior to your previous self."--Hindu proverb.

"Sobriety isn't a landing but rather a journey." anonymous

Comment

Newbies Nest

Lil,thanks for the donuts and coffee! I see poppy seed and blueberry muffins there, too! You're the best!
                    Hey everyone, let's have another AF one, eh? Tweet-tweet! I'll be thinking of you all through out my day.
                    Good luck on the job search, Sea. Get well, Papa. Welcome NOODLE! Hey neuro, good to see you! And Sunny, please keep the 16 year old boy out of the nest! Too much turmoil! I've managed to live through my children's teen years and wouldn't want a re-do!
                    Dill

Don’t forget, you can: start late, start over, be unsure, try and fail AND STILL SUCCEED!

If it is important to you, you will find a way. If not, you will find an excuse.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Humpday everyone!

*yawn*

Morning, morning. Still on my first bucket of coffee - eyes are slowly opening.
                      Uggg. Dentist appointment in an hour. I haven't been to the dentist in over 10 years... this ought to be interesting. Lilmea, I better hold off on the doughnuts... I have a feeling I'm gonna get an earful anyways. LOL Btw, what are your plans now? That you have completed 30 days?

Neuro daaaahling - how was your mini vac? (not to be confused with a shop vac or central vac)

Dillie Vanillie - no 16 year old boyz in this nest.. I agree. He could drive all of us to drink. LOL

I hope you new birds fly by today and say hello, let us know how you are doing. Sea - so proud of you - you're really fighting on all fronts now. A job will come soon and in the meantime you're sorting out yourself... well done. PR - Here's to wishing they'll stop poking and prodding you now.

Right, better get dressed... can't show up in my jammies, I don't think. Later, peeps!

Comment

Newbies Nest

morning nesters....

hope everyone is doing ok....thanks for the doughnuts and coffee lil...much appreciated.

So....been thinking... why must i obsess? It seems like drinking wine for me can get to be an obsession. So i dont drink....but then I become obsessesive about not drinking!!!!. I want normalcy!! I just would like some balance please. I feel like my brain needs to get sent in for some reprogramming .... I guess that's what you call cognitive behavior work!!!
                        I want to fill the voids....create more and new habits.....to drink or not to drink is just not enough!! I want to run and jump and play......
                        a couple of weeks ago i told myself I would go 30 days AF...i had a glass of wine monday and thought....is this possible? can i create new habits....can I stop at one and DONT OBSESS over it?

What are your thoughts...what are your habits...how do you find balance...

Have a nice day you guys.....so glad you are here.....thanks!!:l
                        a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning fellow nesters
                          I am on my second bucket of coffee. I don't think that I will be going far today. My dog has been vomiting, and we are expecting 6 inches of snow.
                          I am glad that you are getting into the meetings Lilmea
                          My sponsor and I are going to start working on the 12 Steps next week.
                          Sunni butt-You are a STAR. Do something special for yourself today.
                          Hope you are feeling ok Renewal.
                          Welcome Noodle.
                          Hope everyone has a great day!!!
                          "Decide-Which Voice in Your Head you Can Keep Alive" (Shinedown)

Comment

Newbies Nest

congrats sunshine

:goodjob:
                            Way to go! As you can see from my posts...the minute I made a pact, and a challenging one at that...i had a glass of wine.
                            so long to the 20 days i guess.
                            You are doing great! Dont get influenced by the likes of me...keep on keepin on!
                            I a rethinking..my goals....my strategy....
                            again...congrats on 30!
                            a ship in the harbor is a safe ship...but ships were not built for harbors.....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Within, my dear... let's start out slow... 7 days starting today.. how's that?
                              Slow and steady wins the race, ya know!??

And thanks so much guys - no way I could do this without you - THANK YOU!

Comment

Newbies Nest

hey

Good morning little ones.....Neuro and Lilmea....and everybody else, appreciate the kind words....I've obviously 'raised' you all quite well.........Sun, good luck at the dentist...let us know how it went. Wishing all of you a happy AF day.
                                Papa Renewal

Comment

Working...
                                X