Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Hello all.....another quick check in from Michigan. Still haven't been able to catch up with everyone. It has been wonderful being here with my friend. She is having a CTA scan of her chest done tomorrow.....that is some type of computerized imaging CT scan. That will really let them see the aneurysm and the arteries/valves, etc. I am heading home on Sunday so I'm glad that I'm here to drive her to the test.

Did I just read that Sunni is still waiting for the grandbaby to come? Wow!

Well - take care everyone and I will be back.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;882724 wrote: Hello all.....another quick check in from Michigan. Still haven't been able to catch up with everyone. It has been wonderful being here with my friend. She is having a CTA scan of her chest done tomorrow.....that is some type of computerized imaging CT scan. That will really let them see the aneurysm and the arteries/valves, etc. I am heading home on Sunday so I'm glad that I'm here to drive her to the test.

Did I just read that Sunni is still waiting for the grandbaby to come? Wow!

Well - take care everyone and I will be back.
      I feel bad for poor mom, but I'd get a kick out of Sunny's grand-baby being born on my b-day.

I'm glad the docs are getting to the bottom of your friend's heart problem. The more they know, the better the outcome. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hello Nestlings!

Oh.. good, Fennel! Bob is home and eating a little on her own. Good news. Not, that you should feed her Yoghurt.. but.. when my daughter was born, it took me a little while to realize that my male cat had stopped eating (feeling neglected? - he had been my 'baby' until Missy arrived). I ended up nursing the baby and spoon feeding the cat (said yoghurt) at the same time Long story short... after a couple of days, he merrily attacked the food bowl by himself again

Yes, yes, you all read right... STILL no baby. My daughter had a doctor's appointment today and her doc said, "Wow... you're still pregnant? Didn't expect you to show up..." :H Anyways, she did another membrane sweep to see if she can't get things started (again). Still 3cm dialated (for a week now). I told Missy, I'd have pulled the kid out by the ears by now :H

However, she's not overdue yet.. her due date is the 17th of June - so still a week. Which begs the obvious question: When IS your b-day, Ms Fennel??????

Nora, so glad you're getting to spend time with your friend - hope the scan will move things along in the right direction for her.

Ok, folks - date night with Mr. Wonderful - I'm outta here! Night night, everyone!
        Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Friday the 11th is my b-day, Sunny...I do feel for your daughter, she must be pretty miserable.

I can't believe you were nursing your baby and spoon feeding your other "baby". They sure are fussy, aren't they? Keeping my fingers crossed that baby shows up soon...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hope all kitties and bubbies are doing OK.
            Yeah, I'm doing fine. I've sold the house but it is conditional on the sale of their house, which is frustrating as I've found somewhere I'd like to move and can't commit to it. Anyway, life is good.
            I'm reading a book called "The Me Myth" by Andrew Griffiths. I'm finding it inspiring - all about making choices/changes in your life and getting your priorities straight.
            Have a good night in the nest, whichever side of the hemisphere you're on.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning, nestlings...
              I have coffee, diet coke, pastries, toast, bagels and the usual "Dos Gatos" fare. Still working on the lunch menu. Haven't found anything interesting lying around.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wondering how everybody is doing. Sunny, no baby yet? Molly, how was work? Mama Bear, I haven't seen you for a bit. Coco-Nut, what are you up to? Papmom, hope your day is going well. Same with all our Oz friends...Spam, Hippy, Chook, Katie...dancing, hope you're fine.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Fennel, when I checked in here earlier I thought everyone had deserted!! How's your cat? Yep, I'm having a good day, very busy at work but am off tomorrow cos I have to work Saturday so looking forward to a bit of me time. My darling daughter has gone off exploring Canada and is temporarily out of touch - the only problem is her Final exam results are out and on the internet and noone can get them except her !!! I am gasping to know how she did!!
                  Yeah where is everyone! Folks we need to keep this place going!
                  Molly
                  Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                  contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Molly, do you work the graveyard shift? I'm guessing it's about midnight where you are?

Geez, I hope your daughter calls you soon with her grades! Darned kids.

I'm on a roller-coaster with the cat. She was behaving more like herself this a.m, then looked like crap when I got home in the aft. I don't have high hopes for her lab results tomorrow, but I'm trying to keep hanging in there.

Comment

Newbies Nest

fennel;883199 wrote: Still working on the lunch menu. Haven't found anything interesting lying around.
                      I can offer up half a rodent... another one of Bubble's well intended presents.... :yukko:

NO baby yet! Maybe it WILL be Friday? I had kinda hoped it would be on my birthday.. but that deadline is way past now

Gotta get back to work - will check in laters!
                      Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

sunshine_gg;883676 wrote: I can offer up half a rodent... another one of Bubble's well intended presents.... :yukko:

NO baby yet! Maybe it WILL be Friday? I had kinda hoped it would be on my birthday.. but that deadline is way past now

Gotta get back to work - will check in laters!
                        I'll toss the half-rodent in the truck for tomorrow's special. I'll call it "Bubble's Burrito". :H

Wow, your daughter must be miserable by now...I'll send some vibes towards baby. I need something positive to happen tomorrow!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning.
                          Just a quick check in. I am amidst the three day celebrations for my daughters 11th birthday. Why is it kids want to celebrate for days, yet adults want to forget their birthdays?
                          So havent got time to catch up on the posts. Will try and make time tonight - ummm maybe not with a sleepover and all those noisy pre-teens dancing to Justin Beiber!!!
                          Hope everyone is doing OK and getting thru each day without too much hassle.
                          Take care and will "try" and get back later.
                          Hip
                          I finally got it!
                          "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Happy Birthday to your daughter! Hang in there...I can't imagine anything more obnoxious than Justin Bieber...

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hey Fennel - HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's almost midnight so it's almost birthday time!!!!:bday7::day4:
                              "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh my gosh...you're right, it's my official b-day. Officially at 9:37 tonight, but today is the day. :H

Comment

Working...
                                X