Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

NoraC;851970 wrote: Thanks Fennel. I sent you a note. I think that she is an amazing woman. Hubby was just telling me a couple days ago about a story he had heard on the radio about her & James Stewart.
    That story is covered in her book! You'll love it, Nora...your hubs will probably enjoy it as well!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I'm sure he will. We'll probably fight over the book. :H
      "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Are we the only ones up, Nora?

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am beginning to wonder. Hello.........

Have you ever seen the movie Hello Down There with Tony Randall and Janet Leigh? You are probably too young but it's a stupid old movie.
          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

I don't recall it, but just how "young" do you think I am? I'm going to be 49 next month! Plus, I remember Beanie and Cecil, and even you don't! :H

Well, Mrs. Fennel is hollering for me to get to bed...I guess that Tigger drop tired her out...goodnight, Nora....I hope some more nestlings show up! Tune in to that late show and find something amusing!

Comment

Newbies Nest

I think I'm going to call it a night too. Hubby is laying here next to me asleep. Or trying to with my typing. :H
              Catch you you nestlings tomorrow.
              AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

I go away for one weekend and come home to FIFTEEN pages to catch up on!!??

Hi everyone.
                Tant - You mentioned Adventure Island 100's of posts ago. Is that the one with Fred and Fifi Bear? If so I vaguely remember it. We used to pass a pine forest on our way up to the city (If you are familiar with Perth I am talking about where Murdoch and Kardinya is now) and my dad used to tell me to keep looking in the forest as that was where Fred and Fifi lived.... i think he was just trying to shut me up!
                Pap - I have sewn you a brilliant pink butt velcro. Is that OK?
                Molly - hello. Tell you hubby what us aussies say. Build a bridge... and get over it!
                Girly - 5 days AF. That's great. Keep up the hard work.

Well I have had my weekend away. I was looking forward to it but wasnt too sure if I would come back from it maintaining my AF status. My husband and I went to a wine district down south of here. If you read my previous blog on what I used to do on weekends away, you will recall that it was basically a booze-fest from dawn til dusk.

I am very proud to say I have come home with my AF status well in tact!

I nearly crumbled yesterday afternoon, however talked it thru with my husband, something that was needed for a long time, and decided that if I was going to drink, it would be purely to stop him feeling awquard because he was drinking and I wasnt. So not a good reason to drink, is it? He is the one who is having trouble adjusting to me not drinking. I am different now than when I was drinking. I am not as much fun because I dont have that AL floating about in my system inspiring me to say and do funny things. But I am the same person and if he cant handle that, well that is his problem not mine. But I am not going to do something I dont want to just to please someone else - my people pleasing days are over! It has taken me a lot of courage and effort to get where I am and I am not willing to risk my sobriety.
                One thing that stayed on my mind while we were having this discussion about whether I was going to drink or not, was all of you. I didnt want to let YOU down as well as myself. As i said before I think that people who come back here with their tail between their legs are very brave and I dont think I could. So thank you, all of you, for helping me "choose" not to drink.
                I hope you are having a great weekend and making the right choices also.
                Take care.
                x
                I finally got it!
                "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

I forgot to ask. How do I upload either a photo or a link to a photo. I have scanned and saved my photo of me in Africa with the gorilla however dont know how to add it here.
                  Ta.
                  I finally got it!
                  "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Haven't a breeze about photos HC but great to see you back - really missed you and well done on the weekend, you sound so happy and secure, good on you!! Yes plenty going on on the threads the last few days so better get reading, but we are still here plodding along!
                    Only just woken up so must go and get a cup of tea and will be back to say hello to all else later!
                    Molly
                    Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
                    contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hippy...I am so proud of you and not sure I would have made it..hubby will get used to you in time.
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good morning fellow Nesters & Happy Mother's Day if it applies!

Fennel & Nora - you two totally hijacked the thread last night :H

Hippy Chick, congrats to you on your AF weekend! Feels good getting just a little stronger everyday doesn't it? Good for you!

Not sure yet what I'm going to do today - just play it by ear I guess.
                        Wishing everyone a wonderful day!

Lav
                        AF since 03/26/09
                        NF since 05/19/09
                        Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Lav, good to see you around, how are things with you? Have a good day whatever and thanks for being here!
                          Molly

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi Molly we seem to be following each other around today :H:H:H my turn to say I don't always visit here, just reading some posts and it always seems a happy place to be
                            Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesties... hahahah yes ok afternoon but I reeaaallllyyyyy needed that extra sleep

Comment

Newbies Nest

Panno, I didn't know you were a stranger to the 'newbies', hang on in here, its a good place to dip in and out, sometimes too busy, like HC said earlier she went away for a weekend and had to read 15 pages of posts!!
                                Molly

Comment

Working...
                                X