Newbies Nest

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Well, things are getting pretty stormy here. I think I'm going to turn in. Nora, I hope your doped-up mama-kitty gets a grip, and her young-uns find some direction. I guaran-damn-tee they will not end up in tacos. I operate a clean business here. Only free-range, live-trapped neighbor cats are served up in the Dos Gatos truck. Cats like Tito, Bean, Butch and Leroy. And then, I start in on the opossums. Trust me, your little waifs are safe. :l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hope the hysterectomy goes well, Sunni. Not much fun!

All except my youngest kid are out at sport tonight. She and I planned a meal and cooked together last night, and today we had to cost it all out and show how it fits the food pyramid. This is one of the things that is nice about being sober at the moment.

Our nights are getting colder, and last night I had to cope with cat and dog lick, as they wedged up on either side of me on the bed. Horse lick must be something else. :H

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi everyone,

I reached day 30 AF yesterday and rewarded myself with a wonderful facial. Two hours at the beautician and got my eyebrows shaped as well, that's a new one for me. Usually go au natural when it comes to the brows. It was fabulous. So now I'm onto my second 30 days and it's all OK.

Mama Bear it IS Marcia Brady you look like. Now I have had a close look at your pic I don't know how I missed it. You are so funny you keep my spirits up when the going gets tough.

My mum's 80th birthday is on Sunday so another trip to Brisvegas. I will wave again as I pass Spam. Are you on North side or south side. Mum lives at Holland Park on the south side but my friend Rich lives at Kedron on the North. I went to college on the far north side of Brisbane but that was thirty years ago.

I live close to Glen Innes in the New England area of NSW. It's getting really cold here now. Minus 4 degrees celcius this morning. Frozen puddles on the road. We might get one or two falls of snow in the dead of winter but it always melts by lunchtime.

Molly, The Australians are in the 20/20 final I don't know who else is.

Have a great weekend everyone and stay strong. You are my rocks.
        Tant
        AF since 12 April 2010

Comment

Newbies Nest

Just a quick check to see if everyone is OK.
          Welcome back Islandgirlie. Glad you came back to us. If you want to get and stay AF this is the place to be.
          Tant - well done on 30 days. That's fantastic. I thought we were getting colder here (it was 9 degrees.....) Dont think I should complain anymore hey!
          Sunny - better to get the nasties off your skin (if that is what it is) than keep them there and let them develop. I have been treated for skin cancer four times. It's my payment for a childhood spent in the sun with no hat or sunscreen. We just didnt know about it 30 years ago. Hope all goes well for you.
          Lav - congratulations of 3000 posts! Thats a lot in one year.....
          Hi runningwind and dancingon -hope you are both doing well.
          Hi to everyone else. Had enough of sitting down on the puter all day so am going to grab my kindle and read for a change.
          Take care and seeya tomorrow.
          I finally got it!
          "All that we are is the result of what we have thought. The mind is everything. What we think, we become" Buddah

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Nesters!

Yep, it's me the big talker
            I think keeping myself so tuned into MWO has been a big help for me these past 15 months.

Welcome back Island Girlie! Fasten your nest belt!!

Tant, a big congrats on your 30 AF days - feels great doesn't it?

Fennel, some days when my Linksys is acting up I find I can jump on a neighbor's wifi - sshh, don't tell them

Sunni, your comment yesterday on aging is so true - it really does suck! It's annoying to constantly think about your b/p, cholesterol level, skin things, etc. I need to get out for more bloodwork soon & really don't feel like it. As far as your surgery, come down here & I can get you scheduled in a matter of days - no problem. Our hospitals are looking for business right now!!!

Greetings to the rest of the crowd - wishing everyone a terrific AF Thursday!
            Lav
            AF since 03/26/09
            NF since 05/19/09
            Success comes one day at a time :thumbs:

Comment

Newbies Nest

WOW!!!!!

tantangra;855683 wrote: Hi everyone,

I reached day 30 AF yesterday and rewarded myself with a wonderful facial.
              C O N G R A T U L A T I O N S !!!!
              Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good Morning, Everyone!

Happy Thursday - I hope everyone has a fabulous day!
                Coco

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Coco!!!!
                  Tant...I AM SO PROUD OF YOU!!!!! I remember when you joined and here I am trying to string a week together...Good for you girl
                  Sunni - keep us posted on the hysto....whatever...girlie surgery.......and get that crap cut off. I live in Florida and love a good tan and I am sure I have all sorts of spots that need to be checked.....
                  Graduation tomorrow night.......I can't believe it.....kind of bittersweet for me....
                  Well crap...phone is ringing at work already.....will check in later!
                  I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                  Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

first Day

Hi, Thank you all for being here. It is my first day today, I had 10 months with AA but have been drinking about once a week since I blew it a month ago - AA is tired of me and I am feeling lost and scared.
                    :new:-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Comment

Newbies Nest

Oh Peggy Honey...we will never get tired of you!!!!
                      ANd I WISH I only drank once a week!!!!
                      I love my family more than alcohol.:h
                      Live in the Solution....not the problem

Comment

Newbies Nest

peggyh;855892 wrote: Hi, Thank you all for being here. It is my first day today, I had 10 months with AA but have been drinking about once a week since I blew it a month ago - AA is tired of me and I am feeling lost and scared.
                        :new:-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        :welcome: Peggy I am sure you will like here grab a twigge and stick around. AA is not for everyone. :h
                        sigpicIsland Girlie

Comment

Newbies Nest

WELCOME PEGGYH:welcome::welcome:
                          Get Comfy.

I'm late for work. Got to run. Will catch you all later.:h
                          "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
                          AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Morning Fledglings!

Off to feed critters and get some work done! Meeting up with daughter's b/f's mom tonight to finalize baby shower! Wow... this granny stuff is coming on quickly now!

Welcome PeggyH... glad you flew into the nest - make yourself at home!

Over and out!
                            Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

I am tired of me!
                              Where do I get the..will to get the desire back?
                              Please...don't send PM's ( not good for me)I am okay and just need to vent,but I am short of change(emotional) right now!!!!
                              I am SO sorry I can't support others more right now.Am feeling guilty for it,but the low ebb is here and I need to consolidate. Just wanted to check in and I guess find a place of empathy!
                              Am feeling a wee bit old and tired these days!
                              Chook

Comment

Newbies Nest

There there now Chooka-chooka - WE'RE not tired of you! Would you like to join KatieB's Mountain Challenge? We'd love to have you keep us company!
                                Coco

Comment

Working...
                                X