Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbies Nest

Welcome Someone.....:welcome:

Sunni - Slid down the mountain yesterday but back to it today. Coco is holding out her flipper so I can catch up. Had a talk with Mr C this morning (he wasn't happy but just because he loves me and doesn't want me to continue hurting myself with alcohol ). So, I am back to it again. Butt velcro here I come.
    "Only I can change my life. No one can do it for me.".....Carol Burnett
    AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Meech hits double digits AF today

No regrets. That's my motto lately. It's simple but effective for me. Helped with some bad cravings 3 days ago and got my butt out of bed for an early morning bike ride today. If I drink I WILL REGRET IT. I have 100% of the time in the past.

Sunshine, :sun:
      You are obviously in the other part of this fine country of ours (or at least a bit east). As it is going to be a hot one today in the far west (our valley is a bit of a desert). Much of my family is in the east and when they have it hot we seem to have it cold. I'll try to blow some your way!!

I have hit AF10 today and feel freaking fantastico! :happy:

I will make a plan and post in my Detox Journal Thread later today (general discussion section) to put up a good wall for the cravings that will be coming at 6-7pm tonight. The last few days I have been sailing through with only moderate cravings so I feel like it is calm before the next storm. I think that AL Beast is lurking

Nora, Glad you are climbing back up the mountain! I'll hold out a hand or flipper for you too!

Have a great sober day everyone.

Comment

Newbies Nest

Brilliant Tant! Yep it only seems like yesterday you arrived here and now you have your 30 days, lucky you! Roll on the next 30!
        Meech, double digits, brillo, I'm a day behind you, be prepared for the cravings and if they come tell yourself its only half hour or whatever - that's what I do anyway, works Most of the time!!
        Nora, back up on the wagon, that's what makes us successful!
        Evening to everyone else, oh Lav, 3,000 posts jeez, that's some talkin!! Wow! I got my bloods done yesterday so will ring Doc tomorrow to make sure all is ok, hope so!
        Hi Hipps, Fennel, Mama, Sunni and very welcome Someonelse!
        Molly
        Contentedly sober since 27/12/2011
        contentedly NF since 8/04/14

Comment

Newbies Nest

Wonderful news, Meech! :goodjob: Double digits are double the fun! (Can we get any cornier?) Sorry! :H

You sound good Molly!
          Nora... get yer butt up here - I got some serious velcro waiting for ya!
          Fennel.. my gosh.. how LONG do you work out? I'd have worked myself to death in half the time!
          Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

sunshine_gg;856153 wrote:
            Fennel.. my gosh.. how LONG do you work out? I'd have worked myself to death in half the time!

Sunshine, you have no idea
            how long it takes to hone a body of this age, OOPs, I mean, "muscularity"...plus, I bring reading material down there to keep from getting too bored, and I can get a bit "side-tracked".

Comment

Newbies Nest

Nestlings, I'm wondering if my "blah-ness/blue-ness" is due to Topamax. I really feel my mood has been circling the drain lately. I think I remember hearing that Topa can cause depression. Have any of you heard or experienced this? Chirp/chime in....

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi all

Sorry Fen I've no experience at all with Topa but sending you some :l You always sound so upbeat on here - gee, when I'm feeling blah everyone around me knows it - always share everything - good bad and downright ugly!

Finally have a day orf today and so looking forward to all I need to do cause I am af for nearly a week and feel pretty good. I am especially impressed with the way my attitude changes for the much better without al to cloud issues.

Do hope everyone has a great day. So many posts to catch up on.

Katie, hope your move goes smoothly. Maybe you could decide that your new pad is a no-al zone!!! Will miss your posts and look forward to hearing all about the move when you get sorted.

Molly, Meech, Tant, Tranq, Suns, NoraC Someone Else and Everyone Else - have a great day/night.

Oh and yes Lav, so good on your 3000+ posts. Keep em coming - we would all be so much the poorer without your wise words. Really hope you are doing OK
                Developing an Attitude of Gratitude

Comment

Newbies Nest

Hi the Nest!

Fennel I guess I know how you are feeling, cause I am pretty 'blah' right now too..but not on the Topa!
                  I am just tired of this constant battle with AL..it is exhausting.
                  I failed again last night, despite all my best intentions and I am so angry at myself and dissapointed and sick of how it makes me feel!
                  I am so unmotivated and uninspired right now!
                  But, I thank everyone for their supportive words..it does help and I will pick up again! This too shall pass,as my dear Mum is want to say!
                  Now I shall go to work, lick my wounds and get back on my twig!
                  Have a friends b'day party tonight (on a Karaoke Bus ) of all things,it is BYO. Am taking soda water & non alcoholic mixers with me!
                  Wish me luck!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good luck, Chook! As for the rest of the stuff, it's the nature of the beast. Addiction is difficult to battle. Climb back up on your twig, and I'll velcro you in...:l

Comment

Newbies Nest

Fennel - I think that Topa can make you depressed. I think that at times it has added to my depression. I am taking anti-depressants (you would think I wouldn't drink to add to my depression. Boy, am I dumb. ) Anyway, normally the Topa doesn't affect me badly but occasionally I think that it does hit me hard. I don't know why Hits with the hormones I really don't know but I do think that there is a connection at times.
                      AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

Good luck, Chook! Have fun...

Comment

Newbies Nest

NoraC;856486 wrote: Fennel - I think that Topa can make you depressed. I think that at times it has added to my depression. I am taking anti-depressants (you would think I wouldn't drink to add to my depression. Boy, am I dumb. ) Anyway, normally the Topa doesn't affect me badly but occasionally I think that it does hit me hard. I don't know why Hits with the hormones I really don't know but I do think that there is a connection at times.
                          I'm already on celexa for depression. I'm going to start tapering off of the topamax to see if my mood starts to lift. If it's causing depression, it's just not worth it. The depression causes more of a tendency for me to drink, or want to drink, canceling out any of it's initial benefits. Plus, I've been dropping weight that I really can't afford to drop. I might have to go it alone or take a look at baclofen. Hopefully bac doesn't have any depressive effects!

Comment

Newbies Nest

Yep - I'm on Celexa too. No - you certainly can't lose anymore weight. I haven't really researched Baclofen. I have been thinking about Antabuse to be honest but the fact of the matter is that I've got to get my mindset in the right place. I have really been slacking off on my motivation and that has been leading me into my depression. Vicious cycle. So, I'm going to really give it my all and see where I end up.
                            Oh - how did I turn this around and start talking about me. ops!:
                            Anyway, I agree that you probably should stop the Topa. Boy, long winded aren't I? :H
                            AF - 7-27-15

Comment

Newbies Nest

:hallo: whittle wones!

Dunno about Topa, Fennel, never tried it. But you're right - if it caused depression for you it ain't the right stuff. Hope you feel tons better :l As for the weight... hmm.. I still need to shed about 10lbs of winter chub.. want some?

Happy Karaoke, ChickenLittle! Sing your little heart out and stick to the soda.. good plan!

Nora, you're not dumb. Far from it. How is today going for you?

Granny Lav - how are ya? I met with the 'in-laws' today, finalizing baby shower for lil Missy. This granny thing isn't far away anymore now! Whaaaahaaaaa! I'll be a grandmother. I'll have to color my hair blue and wear long skirts! :H

Pouring buckets here tonight (well, all afternoon, really) - so I'm wet and cold and ... where's my bathtub? :bath2:

Right-o... have a great AF evening/night everyone! Nightlight is ON!
                              Okay, WHO put a stop payment on my reality check?

Winning since October 24th, 2013

Comment

Newbies Nest

Well, my peeps...I just did a cursory search of baclofen, and apparently, one goes into seizures if one forgets to take one's baclofen. mg I'm pretty responsible about stuff, but I really can't take that kind of chance.

While depression isn't one of the most common side effects of Topa, it's a definite side effect, and I'm supposed to talk to my doctor about it- Well, she has no freaking idea I'm on it. I'm definitely discontinuing it. I'm down to 119 pounds, at 5' 8". I'm looking rough, and feeling worse.

Comment

Working...
                                X